Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    hdinred is offline Member

This event is noted, should I need to play the "system uptime" card in the future. Good times!
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

thejnc is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
    This event is noted, should I need to play the "system uptime" card in the future. Good times!
    When that happens I'll just ask mich how many times TF has been down.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Thejnc has essentially perfect grammar around here...

ack_bak is offline Member

This same group also called in a bomb threat to the plane a Sony executive was flying on and the plane got diverted. If the group is in the US the FBI/DHS will hunt their ass down now and probably send some of these guys to prison. Bomb threats on planes is considered a terrorist activity/threat and has a whole different set of laws attached to it.

The real question is whether or not CorruptedDragon is hosting these guys in his moms basement....

Averry is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
    Cronism. Were we ever at the point where peer to peer was 100% up time? How was BF4's uptime? How long were the Titanfall outages? I've typically had great ping response as well.

What is the percentage of time that it's actually been down versus up? Hard data bitches.
    PSN: AverryXC
    XBL: AverryXC

27 inch Insignia 720p
    Reclining Chair 14 feet back.

Quote Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
    He was on the game 24/7 during that time.. his experience, noticing every minor downtime, is not typical!

The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

Quote Originally Posted by Averry View Post
    Cronism. Were we ever at the point where peer to peer was 100% up time? How was BF4's uptime? How long were the Titanfall outages? I've typically had great ping response as well.

What is the percentage of time that it's actually been down versus up? Hard data bitches.
    All of those things are irrelevant. Mich's mocking of TF outages was due to all the "cloud" hype MS and its fans created upon reveal. All the defending of the always-on requirements and mandatory online + the "300k servers" that would make XBL "Da best".

TF has gone down quite often since launch, and I'm pretty sure XBL has had more upkeep problems in the last year than nearly 10 years of P2P 360 XBL combined.
    Great quotes on the internet:

I hear Galaxy is brilliant, and it probably is. Just can't picture myself sitting down and playing it. That would take time away from watching the Disney Channel and working on my coloring book.
    Ryan Payton (MGS4 Associate Producer)

Quote Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
    All of those things are irrelevant. Mich's mocking of TF outages was due to all the "cloud" hype MS and its fans created upon reveal. All the defending of the always-on requirements and mandatory online + the "300k servers" that would make XBL "Da best".

TF has gone down quite often since launch, and I'm pretty sure XBL has had more upkeep problems in the last year than nearly 10 years of P2P 360 XBL combined.
    The number of "migrating host" interruptions P2P had already justifys the dedicated servers. Not to mention matching making still went down on P2P.

If we tag your post #FrustratedSonyFan, it makes a lot more sense!

RM
    RM is online now Member

I've got that Die Hard 2 line "How does the same shit happen to the same guy twice?!?" In my head, but it's Kaz instead of Bruce.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony

DDOS is completely different than what happened last time.

Also, Indy, XBL only experienced issues for certain players. Wasn't actually down. So, MS wins this round.

But, PSN was only down for a day. Hardly anything to get worked up on. Have me an excuse to go walking.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    But, PSN was only down for a day. Hardly anything to get worked up on.
    Yeah, agreed.. I'm sure we'll be comparing "infrequent, unnoticeable" frame dips in Destiny soon enough!

Averry is online now Member

The number of "migrating host" interruptions P2P had already justifys the dedicated servers. Not to mention matching making still went down on P2P.

If we tag your post #FrustratedSonyFan, it makes a lot more sense!
    Seems to me, Indy can't actually deny its not "the best" but merely that its fallible.
    PSN: AverryXC
    XBL: AverryXC

27 inch Insignia 720p
    Reclining Chair 14 feet back.

Yeah, agreed.. I'm sure we'll be comparing "infrequent, unnoticeable" frame dips in Destiny soon enough!
    Mich will swear it's noticeable though. (even though like Diablo you need to record and it review it with a frame rate meter to notice it)
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

michealo is offline Watcher of stances

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Mich will swear it's noticeable though. (even though like Diablo you need to record and it review it with a frame rate meter to notice it)
    It will be noticeable (and interesting) if PS4 version runs better and expectations for Xbox One version are lowered.
    It remains to be seen if graphics matter again but D3 running worse on Xbox One can't be denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post

10 complete outages. Only two affected me while all of them affected respawn who tweeted that is was an MS cloud problem to take the heat off them.

"the cloud" issues are only as excusible as the strength of denial.
    The hype has failed.

On the PSN DDOS attack side, sony needs a much better response time.
    Allowing the attack to persist for so long speaks incompetance.
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

A_Gorilla is offline Member

So glad this happened during the Simpsons Marathon so I wasn't inconvenienced that much.

I still want free games though.
    Quote Originally Posted by chipvideo View Post
    I think msft knows a little bit more about online security than a bank.

Badger3920 is offline Member

I wouldn't expect free games -- it was only down from late morning until eveningish (at least for PS3; I understand PS4 was out longer). It sucked, but it's sort of whatever.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast