Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1436
  1. #16
    hdinred's Avatar
    hdinred is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,377

    Default

    This event is noted, should I need to play the "system uptime" card in the future. Good times!
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One The Leader in 4K Entertainment.


    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

  2. #17
    thejnc's Avatar
    thejnc is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    14,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
    This event is noted, should I need to play the "system uptime" card in the future. Good times!
    When that happens I'll just ask mich how many times TF has been down.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Thejnc has essentially perfect grammar around here...

  3. #18
    ack_bak's Avatar
    ack_bak is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    20,623

    Default

    This same group also called in a bomb threat to the plane a Sony executive was flying on and the plane got diverted. If the group is in the US the FBI/DHS will hunt their ass down now and probably send some of these guys to prison. Bomb threats on planes is considered a terrorist activity/threat and has a whole different set of laws attached to it.

    The real question is whether or not CorruptedDragon is hosting these guys in his moms basement....

  4. #19
    Averry's Avatar
    Averry is online now Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
    When that happens I'll just ask mich how many times TF has been down.
    Cronism. Were we ever at the point where peer to peer was 100% up time? How was BF4's uptime? How long were the Titanfall outages? I've typically had great ping response as well.

    What is the percentage of time that it's actually been down versus up? Hard data bitches.
    PSN: AverryXC
    XBL: AverryXC

    27 inch Insignia 720p
    Reclining Chair 14 feet back.

  5. #20
    hdinred's Avatar
    hdinred is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
    When that happens I'll just ask mich how many times TF has been down.
    He was on the game 24/7 during that time.. his experience, noticing every minor downtime, is not typical!
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One The Leader in 4K Entertainment.


    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Averry View Post
    Cronism. Were we ever at the point where peer to peer was 100% up time? How was BF4's uptime? How long were the Titanfall outages? I've typically had great ping response as well.

    What is the percentage of time that it's actually been down versus up? Hard data bitches.
    All of those things are irrelevant. Mich's mocking of TF outages was due to all the "cloud" hype MS and its fans created upon reveal. All the defending of the always-on requirements and mandatory online + the "300k servers" that would make XBL "Da best".

    TF has gone down quite often since launch, and I'm pretty sure XBL has had more upkeep problems in the last year than nearly 10 years of P2P 360 XBL combined.
    Great quotes on the internet:

    I hear Galaxy is brilliant, and it probably is. Just can't picture myself sitting down and playing it. That would take time away from watching the Disney Channel and working on my coloring book.
    Ryan Payton (MGS4 Associate Producer)

  7. #22
    hdinred's Avatar
    hdinred is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
    All of those things are irrelevant. Mich's mocking of TF outages was due to all the "cloud" hype MS and its fans created upon reveal. All the defending of the always-on requirements and mandatory online + the "300k servers" that would make XBL "Da best".

    TF has gone down quite often since launch, and I'm pretty sure XBL has had more upkeep problems in the last year than nearly 10 years of P2P 360 XBL combined.
    The number of "migrating host" interruptions P2P had already justifys the dedicated servers. Not to mention matching making still went down on P2P.

    If we tag your post #FrustratedSonyFan, it makes a lot more sense!
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One The Leader in 4K Entertainment.


    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

  8. #23
    RM's Avatar
    RM
    RM is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    11,649

    Default

    I've got that Die Hard 2 line "How does the same shit happen to the same guy twice?!?" In my head, but it's Kaz instead of Bruce.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

    PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

  9. #24
    twonunpackmule's Avatar
    twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    2-D Theater
    Posts
    32,230

    Default

    DDOS is completely different than what happened last time.

    Also, Indy, XBL only experienced issues for certain players. Wasn't actually down. So, MS wins this round.

    But, PSN was only down for a day. Hardly anything to get worked up on. Have me an excuse to go walking.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

  10. #25
    hdinred's Avatar
    hdinred is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    But, PSN was only down for a day. Hardly anything to get worked up on.
    Yeah, agreed.. I'm sure we'll be comparing "infrequent, unnoticeable" frame dips in Destiny soon enough!
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One The Leader in 4K Entertainment.


    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

  11. #26
    Averry's Avatar
    Averry is online now Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
    The number of "migrating host" interruptions P2P had already justifys the dedicated servers. Not to mention matching making still went down on P2P.

    If we tag your post #FrustratedSonyFan, it makes a lot more sense!
    Seems to me, Indy can't actually deny its not "the best" but merely that its fallible.
    PSN: AverryXC
    XBL: AverryXC

    27 inch Insignia 720p
    Reclining Chair 14 feet back.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland,Maine
    Posts
    22,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
    Yeah, agreed.. I'm sure we'll be comparing "infrequent, unnoticeable" frame dips in Destiny soon enough!
    Mich will swear it's noticeable though. (even though like Diablo you need to record and it review it with a frame rate meter to notice it)
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

    I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

  13. #28
    michealo's Avatar
    michealo is offline Watcher of stances
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Mich will swear it's noticeable though. (even though like Diablo you need to record and it review it with a frame rate meter to notice it)
    It will be noticeable (and interesting) if PS4 version runs better and expectations for Xbox One version are lowered.
    It remains to be seen if graphics matter again but D3 running worse on Xbox One can't be denied.

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
    All of those things are irrelevant. Mich's mocking of TF outages was due to all the "cloud" hype MS and its fans created upon reveal. All the defending of the always-on requirements and mandatory online + the "300k servers" that would make XBL "Da best".

    TF has gone down quite often since launch, and I'm pretty sure XBL has had more upkeep problems in the last year than nearly 10 years of P2P 360 XBL combined.
    10 complete outages. Only two affected me while all of them affected respawn who tweeted that is was an MS cloud problem to take the heat off them.

    "the cloud" issues are only as excusible as the strength of denial.
    The hype has failed.

    On the PSN DDOS attack side, sony needs a much better response time.
    Allowing the attack to persist for so long speaks incompetance.
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

  14. #29
    A_Gorilla's Avatar
    A_Gorilla is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,061

    Default

    So glad this happened during the Simpsons Marathon so I wasn't inconvenienced that much.

    I still want free games though.
    Quote Originally Posted by chipvideo View Post
    I think msft knows a little bit more about online security than a bank.

  15. #30
    Badger3920's Avatar
    Badger3920 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    23,578

    Default

    I wouldn't expect free games -- it was only down from late morning until eveningish (at least for PS3; I understand PS4 was out longer). It sucked, but it's sort of whatever.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1