Page 484 of 491 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485486 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 7361
    weasl is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    What's sad about Ass Creed is that the straight-up two possible best historical settings, given their themes of revolution and Assassins and Templars, are the ones they fucked up the hardest:

American revolution - Ass Creed III
    French revolution - Ass Creed Unity

Straight up the two most important events in the development of liberal democracy.
    I remember turning to my co-worker after the announcement of AC III and saying "this is the worst possible time period they could pick for for an AC game"
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

RedRedSuit is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    I remember turning to my co-worker after the announcement of AC III and saying "this is the worst possible time period they could pick for for an AC game"
    Well, you're wrong. It features all the stuff endemic to the themes of Assassins vs. Templars. Revolution, freedom vs. control. It was basically a huge breaking point from autocracy to liberal democracy which is exactly what Assassins vs. Templars is about. It involved war, spying, assassinations. No shortage of material for conspiracy theories either. Ripe for Ass Creed. So....
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

What's sad about Ass Creed is that the straight-up two possible best historical settings, given their themes of revolution and Assassins and Templars, are the ones they fucked up the hardest:

American revolution - Ass Creed III
    French revolution - Ass Creed Unity

Straight up the two most important events in the development of liberal democracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    Well, you're wrong. It features all the stuff endemic to the themes of Assassins vs. Templars. Revolution, freedom vs. control. It was basically a huge breaking point from autocracy to liberal democracy which is exactly what Assassins vs. Templars is about. It involved war, spying, assassinations. No shortage of material for conspiracy theories either. Ripe for Ass Creed. So....
    I'm a HUGE Revolutionary war period history buff so I am really looking forward to playing 3. Not that I expect accuracy from it...I just really look forward to playing a game set during this period. I know the game play has been bashed on this one....but I think I'll get enough out of the setting to enjoy it.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Man, you're gonna LOVE the way Ben Franklin is used!
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver

Dennis M. is offline Member

I finished Super Mario Run (not sure if it counts here).

Still have most of the black special coins to pick up though. Pretty awesome. I hadn't played a Mario game in literally decades.

PS. Syndicate is great and it was unfortunate that many skipped it due to fatigue/Unity.

thejnc is online now Member

Lots of fun platforming and shooting. Story was pretty standard and the voice acting was mostly lacking. But that platforming made it great. Haven't touched the mp at all and not sure I will.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

Thejnc has essentially perfect grammar around here...

Well, Ass Creed Syndicate definitely has a lot of cool stuff going on. A mobile train HQ? Too cool. Arbitrary zip lines? Sweet-ass.

However, they still can't quite get all their gameplay to jell together. The side missions sometimes work great and sometimes break in frustrating ways (not that they're hard, but I want to do them really well, not just kill everyone when it all goes bad due to some glitch or failure of the engine).

Godstar is offline Member

Platinum'd Demon's Souls finally after 8 years of being close to it. Stupid Garl Vinland spawn!

Finally finished The Last Guardian. Loved the themes, visuals, music, story, and most of the gameplay. Hated with a passion the camera and controls. I'm sure the game is still a modern classic for those of us who pushed through the jank of but it's saddening to see it held back so much much by it's own ineptitude at game system design.
    Last edited by weasl; 01-19-2017 at 02:58 PM.

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    I'm a HUGE Revolutionary war period history buff so I am really looking forward to playing 3.
    I always wondered why you loved Tea Bags so much!
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

The story of a blind girl that somehow survives wandering through the countryside and and village with her bat like sonar hearing in search of a stray cat.

Whatever, there was some nice imagery and I needed a short indie game from the backlog.

Wrapped up the latest Deus Ex, the first of them that I managed to go back and finish. Fun game. Shot a bunch of shit, saved the world, usually stuff.

Finally finished AC:Revelations.

This one took awhile, not because I found it to be a bad game, because three in a row of the same type of gameplay was getting a little stale. So, I ended up pacing myself a little bit on this one.

Overall:

AC2 is still the best in the series that I have played. Great story and the missions were pretty varied and interesting for the most part.

AC:Brotherhood was good although it felt a little too much like a DLC for AC2 (albeit a super large DLC). Some of the mechanics introduced were ok, but most of it was recycled from 2. The story was ok but honestly didn't really move much forward. This game introduced something to the missions that I despise...and that is the damn secondary objective in order to get 100% synch. This really wrecks the flow of the missions for me and ultimately forces me to play the missions how they want me to play them and not have the freedom to do as I wish.

AC:Revelations was better than I expected. I really liked the story and the shifting between Ezio and Altair was great. I really liked that we got to follow up on Altair and see him over the course of his life up until his death. It introduced a lot of new stuff....some of which was great (the hook blade) and some of which was mostly useless (the bombs/grenades). I think I used a couple of smoke distraction bombs only because the story needed me to. Other than that, I never used them and never did anything with any other type of bomb. The setting was cool too since Italy was getting a bit stale from being featured in the previous 2 titles. Again, this title also repeated the bullshit of the secondary objective in order to get 100% on each mission which really wrecks the gameplay for me. What was incredible about AC2 was that I could complete every mission the way I wished and was not penalized for it.

Next up I will be mopping up some collectibles in Revelations and Brotherhood and then taking an AC break before heading into AC 3. Honestly, really hoping that by some miracle AC3 becomes backwards compatible on the X1 so I don't have to dig out my 360 controller. Will probably pick up Sniper Elite 4 when it launches and finish that before moving into AC3 just so I don't get AC overload and burn myself out.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

And first numbered Final Fantasy beaten. Had I beaten it last year, this game would have made my top 5. Chapter 13 wasn't good, but I don't think it was as bad as I was led to believe. Really enjoyed the bros, probably shouldn't of had Luna being the driving force behind Nocte because by the end I really didn't care about her at all compared to the guys. Maybe that should have been his driving force, brothers in arms.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

Interesting game. Enjoyed the story and seeing where it was going. Voice acting was top notch. I'm not sure a couple things add up, might have to give it a 2nd playthrough to see.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games