Page 305 of 306 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306 LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 4579
    Godstar is offline Member

Finishing up the trophies and doing a fun run through Demon's Souls on PS3. Also finishing up the DLC on Dark Souls II, and then doing my NG+ runs for the last few trophies.

Demon's Souls is remarkably still working, and the online hasn't stopped. That surprised me. Still a beautiful game and is aging well in my opinion. For some reason I thought Dark Souls looked worse than Demon's Souls.
    The nerd is a tirelessly predictable creature whom the promise of boobies is like a bacon sandwich to a starving wolf. - Yahtzee
    List of My Games!
    Audio:
    Denon AVR4311CI+SVS 1646 PC Plus Subwoofer+Paradigm Monitor 9V5 x 2+
    Paradim CC-390+Paradigm ADP-370 x 2
    Video:Panasonic PT-AE2000U Projector
    Consoles:Wii+WiiU+Gamecube+PS3+360+DSi XLS & Lite+PSP*2+Dreamcast+Saturn+SNES+Genesis
    PSN/WiiU:Godstar/XBL:G0DSTAR --> with a zero.

weasl is online now Member

About halfway through The Last Guardian now. I love the atomosphere and ideas but holy shit are the cameras and controls a turn off. I haven't sworn so much at a game since Dark Souls and that was just because I sucked at it.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

Going to finish up Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and start up Gravity Rush 2 in anticipation for next week when I'm getting Resident Evil 7, Yakuza 0 and Tales of Beseria. That's a bit too many long games to drop in less then a week ><

thejnc is offline Member

FFXV all day every day! I'll probably take a break when Gravity Rush 2 gets delivered. According to Best Buy, that should be Tue along with Yakuza 0.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Thejnc has essentially perfect grammar around here...

Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor

Gravity Rush 2 weekend for me. Really impressed with the visual jump on the PS4 and locked in 30 fps feels pretty smooth. No matter what happens on screen with all the crazy physics and debris flying around, the Pro keeps it at a rock steady frame rate, so pretty pleased about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Gravity Rush 2 weekend for me. Really impressed with the visual jump on the PS4 and locked in 30 fps feels pretty smooth. No matter what happens on screen with all the crazy physics and debris flying around, the Pro keeps it at a rock steady frame rate, so pretty pleased about that.
    The PS4 Pro version looks pretty dang nice. Last night I figured they were doing some supersampling when I was playing it and after hitting up digital foundry my guess was spot on.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-tech-analysis

RedRedSuit is online now Member

Link to blog post!

Terribly sorry for the blog post, hope someone reads it:

I had a strange, completely unexpected and out-of-nowhere desire to play Mass Effect 3.

I had already beaten it years ago, pre-ending patch, on 360, pre-Citadel-DLC, with full-on depression from the original ending, complete with battles on here against KTA and such telling me the ending had a hidden meaning that made it un-suck. Super-hot female Shepard Paragon.

I even did a male Renegade run of ME1->2->halfway of 3, but I stopped there, because (1) I picked some class (Sentinel?) that was annoying on the higher difficulty, but mostly (2) I just became too depressed to play the story, knowing how it was going to turn out, more or less. Figured right then I'd never play it again. I didn't totally love the game itself either (and I know Onlaught's with me here) given its lack of hub worlds (like the gorgeous Ilium from ME2) and exploration. It was essentially just a ton of fighting.

Now suddenly, it was like a bizarre pull to play it again for now reason. Maybe it's time for a BioWare game? Or a sci-fi RPG (that CD Projekt Red thing?)? I don't know. (God, please bring us a new KOTOR sometime!) So I bought the whole fucking thing, ME3 with DLC on PC. Got an identical ME2 save from the Internet, imported it, configured my hot-ass Jessica Shepard face by copy/pasting a code from my 360 copy (I still maintain I made the hottest Shepard of all time... maybe I'll post some shots here or on NeoGAF... hehe).

It seems I've finally let go of the visceral hatred I had of BioWare for fucking us all with that goddamn ending. Now I'm ready to see how the game stands up given the revised ending and the allegedly really cool pre-ending Citadel DLC. I'm actually pretty excited!
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Link to blog post!
    So does this mean you're gearing up for ME: Andromeda next month?

I still like the entire ME series, but yeah... despite the fact that the game mechanics themselves in ME3 were a huge improvement, they lost a lot of goodwill with how the ending tanked the story of the entire series. It's not often that narrative choices in a game can affect the attitude of an entire game, but this was one of those times. I still haven't gotten around to playing the Citadel DLC that was supposed to be a more fitting (emotionally) end to the game than the actual ending was.

I'm hoping EA's greed will reverse course on their "no remasters" policy and they'll put an ME collection out for the PS4. I'd buy it.

I never understood the extreme hatred for the Mass Effect 3 ending.

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    I never understood the extreme hatred for the Mass Effect 3 ending.
    LoL. Okay, lets relitigate that clusterfuck!
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver

LoL. Okay, lets relitigate that clusterfuck!
    Don't get me wrong, the ending did nothing for me, but I don't exactly find that to be uncommon. I sort of felt the same way about the endings to the previous games.

Don't get me wrong, the ending did nothing for me, but I don't exactly find that to be uncommon. I sort of felt the same way about the endings to the previous games.
    Let's see....

ME1 - Very nice ending! Epic gameplay, high stakes, and sets up the high stakes for the rest of the series.

ME2 - Extremely epic ending mission, determined by the rest of the game in ways no game had ever done before (that I know of) -- weird terminator thing aside. Story-wise the quality of the ending would be entirely determined by how much it impacted ME3 and the overall series; at the time it wasn't clear. ME3 retroactively made it suck!

ME3 - Questionable final gameplay and everything from the elevator on is a complete tonal shift from the rest of the series. Resolving next to nothing, previous actions having little to no effect on what happens. Bizarre deus ex machina device that came out of nowhere. Characters' fates totally unresolved. Oh, and it also makes very little sense. Oh, and ME2 doesn't matter at all in retrospect. *shoots self*

No, ME3 (original) ending was unique in its horribleness. But I look forward to how they "fixed" it.

Back to working on multiple games at once. Currently on the plate Nioh, Tales of Besera, and Yakuza 0. Tales is the early winner so far in getting me addicted, but Nioh would be upper there if I wasn't expecting great swaths of death to hit me. Yakuza 0.. Why haven't you addicted me yet..

Back to working on multiple games at once. Currently on the plate Nioh, Tales of Besera, and Yakuza 0. Tales is the early winner so far in getting me addicted, but Nioh would be upper there if I wasn't expecting great swaths of death to hit me. Yakuza 0.. Why haven't you addicted me yet..
    I'm surprised to see that Yakuza hasn't gotten its claws into you yet. That real estate mini-game is devouring most of my time in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I'm surprised to see that Yakuza hasn't gotten its claws into you yet. That real estate mini-game is devouring most of my time in the game.
    It hasn't gotten it's fair time to be played to be honest. I started it up and managed to get to the first save spot, which took way to long for my liking. I'm sure I'll like it (i've liked every Yakuza game, even Dead Souls) but I may just not be in the mood for it right now.