awarlock is offline Member

Default OMG - Another One - Nintendo SNES Classic

It has only been a year or so since the last Nintendo debacle was announced coupled with the one of the worst launches ever which was the Nintendo NES Classic. Nintendo was never able to fill the demand for this product and then just unexpectedly cancelled the product in less than 6 months from the launch date with plenty of consumers wanting one and not wanting to pay scalper prices on Ebay.

Well, it has happened again.

http://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-cl...ef=producthunt

$79.99 NOT Available on Sept. 29th, 2017 (I am kidding about the availability but it is probably true for the majority of people LOL)

Will this one be handled better? Doesn't look like it. No Pre-Orders, from what I have heard, will be available, so it is just first come, first serve, just like the Nintendo NES Classic.

Good luck to all that want one.
    Last edited by awarlock; 06-28-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

SNES classic is sure to be a huge hit with scalpers. People will want it because it comes with an unreleased game, Starfox 2. It might not be a great game but it will be enough for people to want something that didn't exist before. They are expected to produce these for only 6 months as well. I don't know anyone with an NES classic and I suspect the same to hold true for this one.
    The reason why PS4 took number one spot again last month was Nintendo's inability to produce enough Switchs to fill demand. This company has become a huge joke since the Wii with regards to their ability to manufacture. I thought Japan had a very strong culture and a sense of honor. Failure is often ended in suicide. The failures we've seen of this company in recent years and lack of suicides makes one wonder.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

RedRedSuit is online now Member

Yeah man, those pathetic pussies in JP. Don't even have the good manners to properly suicide anymore, having misplanned their supply chain.

Losers. At least the previous generations knew when to kill themselves.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Bolo is online now Member

No 'Pocky & Rocky', no sale.

Badger3920 is offline Member

Wal-Mart went live last night. My pre-order went through, then I tried to get a second and the page crashed, and my original pre-order received a cancellation notice at 5am this morning. Apparently they sold through preorders in about 1 minute.

What a joke.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

RM
    RM is online now Member

These things are nothing more than glorified ads. They're just trying to spook interest in Nintendo on social media and search engines so that the Switch will start showing up in people's ad feeds.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Just like the last one and the special edition 3ds. The people who want them can't get them, but the scalpers will have them all on ebay for $300+.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    Wal-Mart went live last night. My pre-order went through, then I tried to get a second and the page crashed, and my original pre-order received a cancellation notice at 5am this morning. Apparently they sold through preorders in about 1 minute.

What a joke.
    You are better off buying a raspberry pi and installing retro pi. Cheaper too!
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.