Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    weasl is online now Member

Game looks fucking amazing! Oh and it's fun too. I've only got a couple of hours into it but I can already see myself being addicted as hell to it and I'll probably do a plat run.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor

Kind of surprised actually to see more people on this forum playing this. Like Favelle said, none of us were really talking about it in the lead up to release.

michealo is offline Watcher of stances

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Kind of surprised actually to see more people on this forum playing this. Like Favelle said, none of us were really talking about it in the lead up to release.
    killzone effect
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

Boston007 is online now Member

Does this game look better than Killzone on a regular PS4?

I knew I should have traded in my PS4 for the Pro when I had the chance

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    Does this game look better than Killzone on a regular PS4?

I knew I should have traded in my PS4 for the Pro when I had the chance
    If you mean Shadowfall, I'm not completely certain. Shadowfall had the benefit of being first person and had many more confined areas, so it was able to do a lot with the details. Horizon is clearly the best looking open world game available on consoles right now, but I'd say that details and character models in a game like Uncharted 4 probably still edge it out, through, surprisingly, not as much as you'd think. When you go into photo mode and zoom in character or environmental details, it's almost ridiculous how much they've packed in, and the day/night cycles are really breathtaking. Sunrise is amazing. I can only imagine how it looks with HDR, since I've got a regular 1080p TV.

Boston007 is online now Member

If you mean Shadowfall, I'm not completely certain. Shadowfall had the benefit of being first person and had many more confined areas, so it was able to do a lot with the details. Horizon is clearly the best looking open world game available on consoles right now, but I'd say that details and character models in a game like Uncharted 4 probably still edge it out, through, surprisingly, not as much as you'd think. When you go into photo mode and zoom in character or environmental details, it's almost ridiculous how much they've packed in, and the day/night cycles are really breathtaking. Sunrise is amazing. I can only imagine how it looks with HDR, since I've got a regular 1080p TV.
    Yes I mean Shadowfall. I actually enjoyed that game, although the story sucked.

I may just suck it up and trade in the PS4 for a Pro. I may be getting a 4K TV by the end of the year.

I remember taunting CD with the early concept art that leaked prior to it's announcement. I mean we all knew it would look good by the early trailers, but there was obviously some hesitation to go all in after the last stinker they made.

hdinred is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    Yes I mean Shadowfall. I actually enjoyed that game, although the story sucked.

I may just suck it up and trade in the PS4 for a Pro. I may be getting a 4K TV by the end of the year.
    No brainer! Especially since they're adding that boost mode which improve nearly every game you own (4KTV or not).
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

RedRedSuit is online now Member

Perhaps I'm nitpicking, but while the game wastes no time wowing you with visuals, the buildup of gameplay is slower than it should be. Learn some lessons from God of War: start BIG.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

It's hard for me to comment on the pacing of the game since it's open world and I'm a side-quest fiend, so I regularly stop the main quest to overpower myself by hunting down animals to craft higher ammo capacity, get XP for more skills, etc. Are you just playing straight through the story, ignoring everything else and it still feels slow?

michealo is offline Watcher of stances

like most open world games, i only do the campaign stuff when i'm forced to.
    this usually makes me rather overpowered but i don't have to grind out the collectibles at the end.

i made it to second area and enjoying the sub-quests. they don't feel so pointless
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

For me the big question is will I finish this or the new Nier first.

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    For me the big question is will I finish this or the new Nier first.
    That's a question I'm going to be wrestling with next week as well. I'm really enjoying exploring this post-apocalyptic world they've made... but man, I haven't played a really decent brawling game since Metal Gear: Revengeance.

RedRedSuit is online now Member

Game would be almost perfect visually if not for the conversations. Faces are modeled down to the smallest detail, but the emotion animations are so, so off. It looks worse than the original Mass Effect. It looks worse than MGS2 on PS2. There's very little correlation between the look in their faces and the emotion they're conveying with their voices. Pretty amazing.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Game would be almost perfect visually if not for the conversations. Faces are modeled down to the smallest detail, but the emotion animations are so, so off. It looks worse than the original Mass Effect. It looks worse than MGS2 on PS2. There's very little correlation between the look in their faces and the emotion they're conveying with their voices. Pretty amazing.
    The facial animations are hit or miss, it looked like some parts of the cut scenes had facial animations and others didn't. There were actually a couple of shots that looked photo real.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast