Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Resident Evil 7

  1. #1
    weasl's Avatar
    weasl is online now Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    10,658

    Default Resident Evil 7

    Anyone else playing this? If you're a fan of horror games it's great. Like Silent Hill and Condemned had a baby. Probably my favorite survival horror game since the first Condemned.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

  2. #2
    twonunpackmule's Avatar
    twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    2-D Theater
    Posts
    32,474

    Default

    What's Resident Evil? And how did they make 7 already?
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

  3. #3
    weasl's Avatar
    weasl is online now Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    10,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    What's Resident Evil? And how did they make 7 already?
    It's actually Condemned 3 and AWESOME.

    Honestly calling this thing a RE game is kind of sacrilege.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

  4. #4
    RM's Avatar
    RM
    RM is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    11,863

    Default

    Hope they put the other RE games on sale again soon I want to pick up the remaster of the original for PS4. I had a lot of fun with it on PC.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

    PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

  5. #5
    KTA's Avatar
    KTA
    KTA is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    23,122

    Default

    I'm loving it, at first I was skeptical of first person and no weapons but it quickly merges Resident Evil with this. It feels like a real Resident Evil + more recent horror standards.

    No complaints here, more variety would be nice but I like how they did more with less.

  6. #6
    weasl's Avatar
    weasl is online now Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    10,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KTA View Post
    I'm loving it, at first I was skeptical of first person and no weapons but it quickly merges Resident Evil with this. It feels like a real Resident Evil + more recent horror standards.

    No complaints here, more variety would be nice but I like how they did more with less.
    How far have you gotten? It feels like it slides between different games. It definitely feels like a western horror game though. Last section even gave off FEAR vibes.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

  7. #7
    PETMIC's Avatar
    PETMIC is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    877

    Default

    How long is the game? Hours?
    Display: Pioneer PRO-151 60" Elite
    Blu-ray player: OPPO BDP-93
    Processor: Onkyo PR-SC885
    Amplifier: Emotiva IPS-1 150Wx7
    Game Console: Xbox One, PS4
    Speakers: Mythos ST, Mythos Ten, Mythos One

    - MSI Z170A X Power Titanium Edition Mother Board
    - I7-6700K
    - Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler
    - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid
    - Samsung 1TB SSD
    - GSkill Ripjaw V-Series DDR4 16GB RAM
    - EVGA 850W P2 Power Supply
    - Windows 10 64B
    - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Case
    - Ben Q 32" BL3200PT 1440P

  8. #8
    weasl's Avatar
    weasl is online now Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    10,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PETMIC View Post
    How long is the game? Hours?
    10+ from my experience, two endings, lots of collecting. I was a wuss and played through on easy and resorted to a guide at times and my final playtime recorded at over 8 hours which actually seems a bit low.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    1,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    10+ from my experience, two endings, lots of collecting. I was a wuss and played through on easy and resorted to a guide at times and my final playtime recorded at over 8 hours which actually seems a bit low.
    I don't think 8 hours is too low. Does anyone recall other RE games being significantly longer/shorter? I think I'm almost halfway through the game as
    Spoiler:
    I just left venture in to the Old house.
    . So far I'm really loving this game and the tension is pretty awesome. I've been recommending it to many of my friends that were not planning on trying it due to the last 2 games in the series.
    Supporter. Current Toys: Vizio M65D0, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Phillips BDP7501.
    Console List:
    PS4,ONE,Gamecube, N64, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, Saturn,PSTv,Vita,3DS, Retron 5
    Lifetime member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart
    2017 Completed List:http://forums.highdefdigest.com/game...inish-481.html
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

  10. #10
    weasl's Avatar
    weasl is online now Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    10,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hairlesswookiee View Post
    I don't think 8 hours is too low. Does anyone recall other RE games being significantly longer/shorter? I think I'm almost halfway through the game as
    Spoiler:
    I just left venture in to the Old house.
    . So far I'm really loving this game and the tension is pretty awesome. I've been recommending it to many of my friends that were not planning on trying it due to the last 2 games in the series.
    You're probably 1/3rd'ish it through the game.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

  11. #11
    RedRedSuit's Avatar
    RedRedSuit is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    25,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hairlesswookiee View Post
    I don't think 8 hours is too low. Does anyone recall other RE games being significantly longer/shorter?
    RE4 was definitely way longer than that. Actually to me it's the poster child of shockingly long action games without losing quality at any point. That game was a healthy 15 hours, 20+ if you looked in every nook and cranny.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

  12. #12
    KTA's Avatar
    KTA
    KTA is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    23,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    How far have you gotten? It feels like it slides between different games. It definitely feels like a western horror game though. Last section even gave off FEAR vibes.
    I just finished the last tape... I'll try and stay away from details so Yuri doesn't have a fit so won't even name the location of the last tape lol.

    I would have finished the game awhile ago but Yakuza 0 addiction yo. I think 8 to 10 hours of this type of horror is plenty. This game delivers a lot of variety in the anxiety compared to past Resident Evils so I'm good with it not being 15 hours lol.

    But I'll likely replay it on madhouse difficulty and easy too for cheevos. I bought the Play Anywhere version so mostly been playing on PC.

  13. #13
    weasl's Avatar
    weasl is online now Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    10,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KTA View Post
    I just finished the last tape... I'll try and stay away from details so Yuri doesn't have a fit so won't even name the location of the last tape lol.

    I would have finished the game awhile ago but Yakuza 0 addiction yo. I think 8 to 10 hours of this type of horror is plenty. This game delivers a lot of variety in the anxiety compared to past Resident Evils so I'm good with it not being 15 hours lol.

    But I'll likely replay it on madhouse difficulty and easy too for cheevos. I bought the Play Anywhere version so mostly been playing on PC.
    I'm about to start my Yakuza 0 addiction. How is it so far? Like on an scale of how awesome it is.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

  14. #14
    Shoeless's Avatar
    Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    I'm about to start my Yakuza 0 addiction. How is it so far? Like on an scale of how awesome it is.
    Feels less bloated than Yakuza 5, if you played that. Story is pretty tight in the beginning, and the it doesn't take very long for the game to start opening up with its open world aspects. Shrinking it down to 2 characters was definitely a smart move, especially for the story.

  15. #15
    weasl's Avatar
    weasl is online now Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    10,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Feels less bloated than Yakuza 5, if you played that. Story is pretty tight in the beginning, and the it doesn't take very long for the game to start opening up with its open world aspects. Shrinking it down to 2 characters was definitely a smart move, especially for the story.
    Sounds good. Yakuza 5 tended to drag at points and there was way too many characters (mostly that did nothing for me)
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

//
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1