Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Resident Evil 7

  1. #16
    michealo's Avatar
    michealo is offline Watcher of stances
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27,418

    Default

    finally getting through my backlog and beat RE7 last night.
    the 'condemned' references are on point, which is a good thing.
    first person view is fine, FOV was a little tight but i played on PS4 pro. perhaps this is adjustable on PC.
    audio was impressive, played with headphones.
    plot was thin but that's to be expected for an RE title

    my only real complaint is perhaps the lack of variety in enemies overall.
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

  2. #17
    Boston007's Avatar
    Boston007 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    finally getting through my backlog and beat RE7 last night.
    the 'condemned' references are on point, which is a good thing.
    first person view is fine, FOV was a little tight but i played on PS4 pro. perhaps this is adjustable on PC.
    audio was impressive, played with headphones.
    plot was thin but that's to be expected for an RE title

    my only real complaint is perhaps the lack of variety in enemies overall.
    How does it compare to RE5. I LOVED RE5 and played through it multiple times. I passed on RE6 because of all the abysmal user and critic reviews.

  3. #18
    weasl's Avatar
    weasl is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    10,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    How does it compare to RE5. I LOVED RE5 and played through it multiple times. I passed on RE6 because of all the abysmal user and critic reviews.
    Almost nothing like it. It's more like Condemned crossed with some RE inventory management and a semi open world.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

  4. #19
    RM's Avatar
    RM
    RM is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    11,864

    Default

    Seeing the reviews for this game made me go buy the PS4 version of RE5.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

    PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

  5. #20
    Boston007's Avatar
    Boston007 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Seeing the reviews for this game made me go buy the PS4 version of RE5.
    I LOVED RE5 and would probably pick it up on the Pro. I think they got rid of the egg glitch? I did that and got the money I needed for worthy upgrades

  6. #21
    thejnc's Avatar
    thejnc is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tillamook Cheese Factory
    Posts
    14,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    I LOVED RE5 and would probably pick it up on the Pro. I think they got rid of the egg glitch? I did that and got the money I needed for worthy upgrades
    The one where you give to partner then quit game and you both keep? Still there as of around summer time last year. And being a $20 title, I doubt Capcom patched it.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Thejnc has essentially perfect grammar around here...

  7. #22
    Boston007's Avatar
    Boston007 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
    The one where you give to partner then quit game and you both keep? Still there as of around summer time last year. And being a $20 title, I doubt Capcom patched it.
    Yes that beautiful bug

  8. #23
    RM's Avatar
    RM
    RM is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    11,864

    Default

    On the 360, you could have two gamertags signed in at the same time, so I did the rotten egg glitch on my own. PS3 didn't allow two users to be signed in at the same time, so I wasted an hour of Onslaught's time - thanks again sir!

    PS4 does allow two different accounts to be signed in for local co-op, so I'm hoping I can do this offline like I did on the 360.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

    PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

  9. #24
    Boston007's Avatar
    Boston007 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    On the 360, you could have two gamertags signed in at the same time, so I did the rotten egg glitch on my own. PS3 didn't allow two users to be signed in at the same time, so I wasted an hour of Onslaught's time - thanks again sir!

    PS4 does allow two different accounts to be signed in for local co-op, so I'm hoping I can do this offline like I did on the 360.
    Yup that's exactly what I did on my 360
    It's a WONDERFUL bug hahaha

    I guess you can't get the game on PS4 with DLC, lame. Why didn't they come out with a gold edition for PS4 which included everything?

  10. #25
    RM's Avatar
    RM
    RM is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    11,864

    Default

    Wasn't the DLC that awful mercenaries mode?
    PS4 - Because Cronie

    PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

  11. #26
    thejnc's Avatar
    thejnc is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tillamook Cheese Factory
    Posts
    14,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    Yup that's exactly what I did on my 360
    It's a WONDERFUL bug hahaha

    I guess you can't get the game on PS4 with DLC, lame. Why didn't they come out with a gold edition for PS4 which included everything?
    PS4 version comes with everything. I did the dlc missions.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Thejnc has essentially perfect grammar around here...

  12. #27
    Boston007's Avatar
    Boston007 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
    PS4 version comes with everything. I did the dlc missions.
    AWESOME! I may buy this today

    Thanks!

  13. #28
    RM's Avatar
    RM
    RM is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    11,864

    Default

    So I guess you unlock the DLC with the main campaign?

    Beat chapter 3-1 for Lost in Nightmares.

    Beat the chapter where you fight Wesker and Jill I believe and you unlock Desperate Escape.
    Does it then show up as an option on the main game menu? I didn't play these on the previous versions.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

    PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

  14. #29
    twonunpackmule's Avatar
    twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    2-D Theater
    Posts
    32,474

    Default

    Do you punch boulders in RE6?
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

  15. #30
    RM's Avatar
    RM
    RM is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    11,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Do you punch boulders in RE6?
    Leon doesn't have the guns.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

    PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

//
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1