Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I dunno. Is there much of a market anymore for Japanese games? Seems like a niche audience will always be there, but when was the last time a Japanese game actually sold in numbers equivalent to Western releases? Final Fantasy, maybe? Anything outside that?
    Just put minis in it. Big booty minis. It'll boost the numbers.

Honestly, the hurdle isn't the work to port it, but the rights to secure it. I would pay full price for both Bayonetta 1 and 2. If it means they'll live on hardware for future generations to enjoy. Scarcity pisses me off.

I just bought Nier on Pc to support Platinum. I probably won't even get to the panty raiding until Alaska. Weasl will have to describe in detail the panty action.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

thejnc is offline Member

No autosave and the game tells you it will tell you how to save as you play the game. Go into the menus during the game and the save icon is greyed out. Died 40 min into game and have to start from the beginning. Yeah, I just turned it off.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Thejnc has essentially perfect grammar around here...

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

Quote Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
    No autosave and the game tells you it will tell you how to save as you play the game. Go into the menus during the game and the save icon is greyed out. Died 40 min into game and have to start from the beginning. Yeah, I just turned it off.
    Did you let the update download? Apparently, that's a biggy.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

RedRedSuit is offline Member

I dunno. Is there much of a market anymore for Japanese games? Seems like a niche audience will always be there, but when was the last time a Japanese game actually sold in numbers equivalent to Western releases? Final Fantasy, maybe? Anything outside that?
    Resident Evil?
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

thejnc is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Did you let the update download? Apparently, that's a biggy.
    I did. .
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

weasl is offline Member

Ouch. I was wondering what would happen if you died in the first mission, though it does let you save after, and have a strangely valid reason for not letting you save, since save function actually has a story behind it.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

weasl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Just put minis in it. Big booty minis. It'll boost the numbers.

Honestly, the hurdle isn't the work to port it, but the rights to secure it. I would pay full price for both Bayonetta 1 and 2. If it means they'll live on hardware for future generations to enjoy. Scarcity pisses me off.

I just bought Nier on Pc to support Platinum. I probably won't even get to the panty raiding until Alaska. Weasl will have to describe in detail the panty action.
    You can look up her skirt and see a thong. Most of the time you do it she'll dodge out of the way. If you're more invested supposedly you can explode her skirt and have her run around in her leotard bottoms. Oh and there's a trophy for looking up her skirt 10 times. Game was made by a serious pervert. It's fucking awesome.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor

Resident Evil?
    Looks like you're right. RE7 sold 3 million worldwide as of February 15, and Capcom is claiming its recouped development costs, so anything else they make for the remainder is pure profit.

I guess you could make an argument that RE7, while being made in Japan, doesn't feel very Japanese compared to other games like Persona or Yakuza, but now we're splitting hairs. FFXV made a splash by ditching turn-based combat and going with a more Western open-world approach, and RE7 ditched third-person and went with the more Western first-person approach, so it's interesting that maybe these games did well by being less Japanese and more Western in design philosophy.

Dennis M. is offline Member

Looks like you're right. RE7 sold 3 million worldwide as of February 15, and Capcom is claiming its recouped development costs, so anything else they make for the remainder is pure profit.

I guess you could make an argument that RE7, while being made in Japan, doesn't feel very Japanese compared to other games like Persona or Yakuza, but now we're splitting hairs. FFXV made a splash by ditching turn-based combat and going with a more Western open-world approach, and RE7 ditched third-person and went with the more Western first-person approach, so it's interesting that maybe these games did well by being less Japanese and more Western in design philosophy.
    It's only natural that Japanese developers will be influenced by foreign studios though.

I finished up Horizon: Zero Dawn and now I'm getting into this game. Yeah, the game uses a standard Japanese convention of you having to visit some kind of "save station" in this case, it's a literal station that looks like a vending machine. But yeah... it's a Yoko Taro game. He does some weird stuff like that. You'll be fine as long as you don't die in the Prologue, but if you do... yup. Gotta' start all over again.

That has apparently been enough of a stumbling block for some people that want to play on the Hard difficulty level that they've temporarily shelved the game.

thejnc is offline Member

I finished up Horizon: Zero Dawn and now I'm getting into this game. Yeah, the game uses a standard Japanese convention of you having to visit some kind of "save station" in this case, it's a literal station that looks like a vending machine. But yeah... it's a Yoko Taro game. He does some weird stuff like that. You'll be fine as long as you don't die in the Prologue, but if you do... yup. Gotta' start all over again.

That has apparently been enough of a stumbling block for some people that want to play on the Hard difficulty level that they've temporarily shelved the game.
    I finally got past the prologue, so I'm good now. About 10 hours in 1st playthrough and loving it. I'm getting ready to move, so we'll see if I can finish it before that happens. I'm sure I'll get through ending 1, it's the other 2 I'm worried about.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

I finally got past the prologue, so I'm good now. About 10 hours in 1st playthrough and loving it. I'm getting ready to move, so we'll see if I can finish it before that happens. I'm sure I'll get through ending 1, it's the other 2 I'm worried about.
    The other thing to keep in mind is that the save stations actually have a "wireless range," so you don't actually have to be standing in front of the station in order to conduct a save. If you've got the right chip equipped, the game will have "saving possible" on the upper screen somewhere to indicate you can just go into your menu to do it.

So far, I would also describe the combat as "Bayonetta-lite." It's got that responsiveness that Platinum is famous for in 3rd person action/combat games, but so far hasn't been too crazy with its demands for insane combos to pull off high damaging moves. It's actually a comparatively simple combat system compared to stuff like the old DMC or Bayonetta games.

Well, hit the start of the C ending part. Damn, that starts off with a bang, doesn't it?

Boston007 is online now Member

Hit the C ending and then got the other main endings.

Wow, as is standard for a Yoko Taro game, I have no idea of exactly what to make of what I just experienced. It's still the same craziness you got from Drakengard and other the past Nier games, but with that Platinum polish on the combat. I'm still debating just how much I should cheat on the trophies and how much I should get the legit way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast