Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ME: Andromeda

Boston007 is offline Member

Badger3920 is online now Member

The addition of crafting could be interesting but I just watched the full gameplay trailer and I'm not feelin it. I can't put a finger on the exact words for it, but something about the way the gameplay looked in that trailer makes the game look old already.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

Ew, there's girls? What is this? Ghostbusters?
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

RM
    RM is online now Member

It's all down to the details, which we won't know until we get it in our hands. Until then, it's a coin-flip.

In general, I'll be happy to play a new Mass Effect game. Hope it turns out good.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design Define R4, i5 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    It's all down to the details, which we won't know until we get it in our hands. Until then, it's a coin-flip.

In general, I'll be happy to play a new Mass Effect game. Hope it turns out good.
    Just like the original Mass Effect trilogy, you'll get to make many different important decisions which will change the universe forever because, and to run with your coin-flip analogy, when it all comes to an end:

-If it's head's, and you've made several various plot decisions, the ending will have X happen.
    -If it's tail's, and you've made several -different- plot decisions, the ending will still have X happen.
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    It's got space dragons though.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    It's got space dragons though.
    And space dragons is really just code for krogans, and krogans is really just a code reference to blinx's avatar, and so what you really mean is that this game will have blinx or be blinx'd. In either case, that just means bad or broken. I see what you're doing here.

RM
    RM is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post

Just like the original Mass Effect trilogy, you'll get to make many different important decisions which will change the universe forever because, and to run with your coin-flip analogy, when it all comes to an end:

-If it's head's, and you've made several various plot decisions, the ending will have X happen.
    -If it's tail's, and you've made several -different- plot decisions, the ending will still have X happen.
    I'm totally fine with that, so long as the A and B endings aren't fucking stupid. But my "coin flip" comment was more about the overall presentation, not the plot.

I didn't play ME3 due to the bad press, then I listened to a spoiler-cast to see if it was worth my time. Once I heard about star kid, I felt justified in skipping it.

ME1 and 2 were amazing though. As a life long Star Trek fan, I felt like they made a game that was tailored to my tastes.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design Define R4, i5 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor

It's really too bad BioWare fumbled the plot right at the end. From a design perspective, MEIII really struck a good balance between the RPG mechanics of the first and the shooting of the second. I think they stripped away too much of the RPG-ness in MEII, but they brought it back a bit more for the sequel.

Hopefully they've been playing a lot of Witcher IIII, because after that game, it made pretty much everyone, especially Bethesda, look like amateurs when it comes to how you handle an open world RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    And space dragons is really just code for krogans, and krogans is really just a code reference to blinx's avatar, and so what you really mean is that this game will have blinx or be blinx'd. In either case, that just means bad or broken. I see what you're doing here.
    Honestly, Dragon is just Twonun code for penis. He's obsessed with it.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Boston007 is offline Member

Thank God they brought back a Mako-like vehicle!

I know some people hated it from 1 but that's what I really liked about ME1 and the planet exploration.

There is no controversy here. We all know fem Shepard is the real Shepard.

RM
    RM is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by themisfit138 View Post

There is no controversy here. We all know fem Shepard is the real Shepard.
    I did good gent/bad lady vanilla charaters. Good gent was forst, the I replayed as bad lady. Jennifer Hale was great.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    I did good gent/bad lady vanilla charaters. Good gent was forst, the I replayed as bad lady. Jennifer Hale was great.
    I did the reverse. I thought male Shepard's voice was better suited for the Rogue playthrough, and Jennifer Hale's voice worked best for my Paragon run.

RedRedSuit is online now Member

Hale is fantastic, period.

But in general playing like Renegade (which I did as male mostly) felt like shit. I really hope BioWare drops that system in favor of something smarter. That's a great area of game design within which to innovate, I feel: the whole thing with quantifying morality.

---

Replaying favorite spots in the 3 Mass Effects currently. God, what a beautiful art style they came up with... those horizontal blu-ish/reddish flares the lights give off... gorgeous. I still dream of Ilium or Virmire (that music!) sometimes, same as how I sometimes dream of Blade Runner's L.A.

Really hope Andromeda delivers. What's the thinking on this game? I haven't paid attention. The trailers don't strike me as particularly focused. I fear they'll fuck it up, mainly because I don't think that series did very well financially compared to its budget/marketing.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast