Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    RedRedSuit is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    I honestly liked FFXIII more at this point (14 hours in).
    You said at the time that the only thing keeping FF 13 from being a 5/5 game for you was the hard final dungeon.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

KTA
    KTA is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    You said at the time that the only thing keeping FF 13 from being a 5/5 game for you was the hard final dungeon.

RedRedSuit is online now Member

(To be fair... ALL in all... I liked FF XIII, because of the post-game stuff in Pulse being tons of fun given the sweet battle system. I did a lot of the optional stuff and didn't get bored at all by it. But yeah, huge disappointment as a story-driven RPG.)
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

weasl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    The one thing that I really, really like about how they handled the story this time is that they kept it simple. My two biggest issues with FFXIII were the not very likable personalities of nearly the entire cast (my God, Vanille...) and the pointlessly complicated story they were trying to tell.

Here, they keep things simple. They concentrate on the Bros, build up their characters, and then give you a plot you can follow, with simple, deposed prince stuff, as opposed to L'Cie, Fal'Cie, "We are fighting our focus," and all kinds of bizarre, made up, meta-physical/existential angst. I wasn't a big fan of Lightning, especially when compared to other FF female characters like Terra or Celes. Here, with the random conversations and character-building scenes, they actually take the time to make you understand and hopefully like these characters.
    Fang was my favorite of the FF13 cast, and Vanille didn't bug me as much as Camera Bro since she just had a shitty voice actor in the english dub. I feel nothing for any of the main characters in 15. They're just black shadows on my screen while I wait for someone more interesting to appear.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

KTA
    KTA is offline Member

Fang was my favorite of the FF13 cast, and Vanille didn't bug me as much as Camera Bro since she just had a shitty voice actor in the english dub. I feel nothing for any of the main characters in 15. They're just black shadows on my screen while I wait for someone more interesting to appear.
    Did you watch the anime? It helps with that a bit imo

KTA
    KTA is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
    I can't tell if 'Not that it matters' now is a call back to something I tried to make happen as a recurring joke.

None of my jokes stuck. Fuck you guys
    Oh wow, Onslaught. I totally forgot about this guy. The last I heard he went on some kind of love cruise with Indy and then their ship sunk after some kind of pirates boarded it.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Boston007 is online now Member

I actually liked FFXIII and I did finish the main story
    I think I did some of the post-game stuff too.

I disliked Snow the most.

weasl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by KTA View Post
    Did you watch the anime? It helps with that a bit imo
    I know his background, but I never watched the actual episode. I don't hate the game, but it's more of an 8/10 for me.

weasl is offline Member

*fast travels to car so he can fast travel to the city* x2 the loading fun.

Shoeless is online now HDD Contributor

Out of curiosity, are you playing this with the English voice acting or the Japanese?

I tried out the first opening minutes in both, but because I'd watched the Brotherhood anime on YouTube, I'd already gotten used to the Japanese voices, so I decided to stick with them. I dunno, they feel like decent characters to me, the camaraderie feels genuine enough.

So for some reason I picked this up as my 3rd game in the Best Buy buy 2 get 1 free game sale today.

I haven't been into FF in quite awhile...but I'll give this one a try.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

KTA
    KTA is offline Member

I just got to the empire portion... this is easily the worst 90 minutes i've ever spent playing a Final Fantasy. Whom ever though this segment was a good idea should be fired. Well they probably were and just couldn't cut this from the game???

This has just about killed all the positive vibes I had going for this game. If it doesn't get better quick after this 6/10 feeling right now. This so little mainline story it's almost depressing.

weasl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    I did? I liked the game but I don't remember liking it perfect score. Sounds kind of made up since i score out of 10 most of the time.

KTA
    KTA is offline Member

I did? I liked the game but I don't remember liking it perfect score. Sounds kind of made up since i score out of 10 most of the time.
    The Russian never forgets, and never forgives lmao

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast