Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favelle is online now Member

Default NES Classic Edition?

Didn't see this posted........awesome!

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nin...ole,32254.html

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    You don't keep friends who use low resolutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    "You don't keep friends who use low volume."
    Intel i7 4770k (@4.5Ghz) + CrossFire Gigabyte R9 290x's w/ 4GB video RAM! + 16GB DDR3 RAM (STEAM/Origin: Nealon_Greene)
    Elitist >> mindless peon
    Yamaha 6260 - 7.1 Polks - 2 LLT subs powered by 1000W
    Optoma HD20 with 123" fixed screen for movies

weasl is online now Member

I actually dig the SNES lineup more. Probably have to pass on this until they make the jump to Super.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

I like both libraries. I mean, Super NES obviously was a bigger leap. Saving was far more common. So, difficulty was adjusted. However, I still love me some Nintendo.

Has a solid library.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

Bolo is offline Member

This comes with a really good roster of games, many of which I would love to revisit. I could see picking this up considering the price is right. However, I'd rather they just made them available as downloads on the system I do have (an XB1)

I haven't owned a Nintendo system since the SNES. Aren't most of their classic games already available as downloads on their current system?

That is pretty nice, but I'm going to pass on it. If you could somehow play the original cartridges too then there'd be no question, I'd buy 2 of them.
    Supporter. Current Toys: Vizio M65D0, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Phillips BDP7501.
    Console List:
    PS4,ONE,Gamecube, N64, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, Saturn,PSTv,Vita,3DS, Retron 5
    Lifetime member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart
    2017 Completed List:http://forums.highdefdigest.com/game...inish-481.html
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

I'll probably get it myself. I mean sure, you could go the emulator route, but I prefer to go official with games.

Plus the NES was sort of before my time. It was the first game system I played on, but not the first I owned (Genesis followed closely by SNES).
    Current Computer Rig; 6850k (OCed to 4.0GHz), MSI GTX 1080 Twin Frozr VI, Asus X99-A, 32GB 3200MHz Ram, 2x 500GB 850 EVOs SSDs (OS/Programs | High Priority Games), 1x6TB WD Black (Media), 1x4TB WD Black (Games). Bunch of externals.
    Peripherals; Asus 23" 1080p 120hz Monitor, HTC Vive, Logitech G933 Wireless 7.1 Headphones, Corsair Sabre RGB, Logitech G510 Keyboard
    Region Free Player: Sony BDP-S5100

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
    Plus the NES was sort of before my time. It was the first game system I played on, but not the first I owned (Genesis followed closely by SNES).
    Same here. My parents bought my brother an NES for Christmas one year, but at the time I didn't care about gaming so I never really used it other than random Mario/Duck Hunt games. When the Genesis came out I was blown away by the Blast Processing!!!!
    Supporter. Current Toys: Vizio M65D0, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Phillips BDP7501.
    Console List:
    PS4,ONE,Gamecube, N64, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, Saturn,PSTv,Vita,3DS, Retron 5
    Lifetime member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart
    2017 Completed List:http://forums.highdefdigest.com/game...inish-481.html
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Around $70.
    This was posted in the Smackdown Forum Fav.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Bolo is offline Member

I think I've decided to hold out on this one. Just to see if Nintendo either makes these classic games available as downloads for the Xbox, or if they come out with another model of the Classic NES that is designed to have a growing library.

cupboy is offline Member

Did anyone ever get one? They (all the usual places) ran out of them before I could get one.

I never saw one in the stores, but I did see a lot of the Sega Genesis one.

awarlock is offline Member

Well, maybe I lucked out today. For some reason, today, I logged onto Amazon and saw they were selling the NES Classic Edition via a 3rd party for like $140 each. I was one of those several months back trying to get one on Amazon at like 2PM Pacific Time that ended up crashing the Amazon site because so many people were trying to order one at the same time. Back then I never did end up getting one and I was not going to pay some crazy amount for one.

So, I thought what the heck and went to Gamestop Online and there they were available for sale with a Feb. 1st shipping date. There were several different bundles but I could purchase one for $79.99 which included a wireless controller that typically sells for $19.99 so I was paying $59.99 for the NES Classic Edition itself.

So, I jumped on the bandwagon and ordered it along with an extra Nintendo NES Classic Edition controller plus extension cables and a carrying case. The order went through fine and I received a confirmation from Gamestop. I do have to pay shipping whereas Amazon is Free but what the heck.

Anyway, I just went back to Gamestop Online again because I received a shipping confirmation on the carrying case and poof, every bundle that was there this morning is gone now. I guess they sold out again and I just lucked out logging onto the Gamestop site when I did.

Update:
    I happened to do a search on the internet and found out that Gamestop sold out of the bundle I purchased within 30 mins. of posting it. I did not know Gamestop was getting these in again.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/nes-class...160133070.html
    Last edited by awarlock; 01-25-2017 at 06:48 PM.

RM
    RM is online now Member

These have been hacked pretty easy. Sounds like the programmers were expecting it based on some of the dev notes in the code. You can fit about 60 games on it if you flash it.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design Define R4, i5 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    These have been hacked pretty easy. Sounds like the programmers were expecting it based on some of the dev notes in the code. You can fit about 60 games on it if you flash it.
    I saw that last week. That actually makes me more likely to buy one. While I already have a Raspberry Pi and the GPD XD, I'm always a sucker for buying something else.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

RM
    RM is online now Member

I've got that iBuffalo Super Famicom controller and nice monitors at work and home, so no reason for a dedicated box. But it is nice looking.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design Define R4, i5 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast