Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    weasl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I'm not completely sure as I usually have a policy of closing out the dungeon within the first week and then using the free days afterwards for social links and stuff. Although subsequent dungeons will give more warning about when the Actual Point Of No Return is and mark it on your calendar.

This has always been my philosophy for Persona games.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

weasl is offline Member

Beat the third dungeon last night, currently at a little over 30 hours in. Stuck the game on safety mode about 10 hours in after realizing how damn long the game was going to be and how often I'd probably have to jump out of dungeons for SP (pre learning about the coffee). At this point I'm over leveled and with insane amounts of money. Game is great even with the now laughable combat difficulty, but damn am I sick of being told to go to bed by that stupid cat. Seriously if you want to lock me out of doing anything at night just skip the whole sequence.

Still this game is life sucking. I can't imagine how long it's taking people that aren't cake walking the combat like I am.

Probably going to take a break at some point at 50 hours just so I don't spend all of April playing Persona 5...

Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    Beat the third dungeon last night, currently at a little over 30 hours in. Stuck the game on safety mode about 10 hours in after realizing how damn long the game was going to be and how often I'd probably have to jump out of dungeons for SP (pre learning about the coffee). At this point I'm over leveled and with insane amounts of money. Game is great even with the now laughable combat difficulty, but damn am I sick of being told to go to bed by that stupid cat. Seriously if you want to lock me out of doing anything at night just skip the whole sequence.

Still this game is life sucking. I can't imagine how long it's taking people that aren't cake walking the combat like I am.

Probably going to take a break at some point at 50 hours just so I don't spend all of April playing Persona 5...
    There's an accessory for regenerating your SP every turn in combat. You get 7 points back per turn, so I've got my entire party outfitted with that, and if they start to get low, I get into a fight with a low level enemy and just hit them with despair or forget status ailments so they waste turns doing nothing while my part regens SP.

It basically means I can clear out any dungeon on the first day. Or at least, the "secure infiltration route" part. Much more efficient for time, and leaves more free days for stat/social link building.

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

There's an accessory for regenerating your SP every turn in combat. You get 7 points back per turn, so I've got my entire party outfitted with that, and if they start to get low, I get into a fight with a low level enemy and just hit them with despair or forget status ailments so they waste turns doing nothing while my part regens SP.

It basically means I can clear out any dungeon on the first day. Or at least, the "secure infiltration route" part. Much more efficient for time, and leaves more free days for stat/social link building.
    I feel like you just bestowed upon me some deep knowledge.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    I feel like you just bestowed upon me some deep knowledge.
    I can get pretty OCD about maximizing time in Persona games. Anything that will give me a few more days for social linking or stat building I will take.

weasl is offline Member

Where do you get them?

Did you pick up the teacher's social link? The free time she gives you in classes (hers and others) is pretty nice.

Where do you get them?

Did you pick up the teacher's social link? The free time she gives you in classes (hers and others) is pretty nice.
    Spoiler:
    It's the Death social link, otherwise known as the Doctor in your neighborhood. She sells an accessory called SP Adhesive at rank 5 for 100K, but discounts that to 50K at rank 7.

weasl is offline Member

Spoiler:
    It's the Death social link, otherwise known as the Doctor in your neighborhood. She sells an accessory called SP Adhesive at rank 5 for 100K, but discounts that to 50K at rank 7.
    Time to work on a new social link. Just did the Shogi girl, ability to swap out party members in combat sounds useful, have yet to try it out though.

weasl is offline Member

Really not digging the Pyramid dungeon. The whole vertical, and convulted nature of it's killing my Persona 5 vibe.

Really not digging the Pyramid dungeon. The whole vertical, and convulted nature of it's killing my Persona 5 vibe.
    Needs more panties.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

If you're still in it, and you have the ability to grind there, just take my advice and do this:

Attack the enemies that drop aluminum sheets, Anzu and liquid mercury, Anubis. Get 20 sheets and 10 mercury.

Spoiler:
    Those are the components for the Eternal Lockpick, so you'll never have to craft them again.

Shoeless bestowing more wisdom. This thread will hopefully make my playthrough painless.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Shoeless bestowing more wisdom. This thread will hopefully make my playthrough painless.
    One of the nice things about Persona 5 is that pretty much all the social links bestow useful perks now, so they're all worthwhile when it comes to advancing them. The only real problem is finding the time to do it during the course of the game's calendar. But yeah, it's not longer strictly a matter of "Just max out your party's social links and all the rest you do either for trophies or to follow their storylines."

Spoiler:
    Temperance, and Fortune can maximize your time, Moon is great for getting XP, Death and Star for grinding in dungeons, and the combo of Tower and Hanged Man makes you pretty overpowered in combat.

weasl is offline Member

If you're still in it, and you have the ability to grind there, just take my advice and do this:

Attack the enemies that drop aluminum sheets, Anzu and liquid mercury, Anubis. Get 20 sheets and 10 mercury.

Spoiler:
    Those are the components for the Eternal Lockpick, so you'll never have to craft them again.
    Crap, well I finished the dungeon last night.

weasl is offline Member

Needs more panties.
    There is a disturbing lack of panties in Persona games.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast