Page 51 of 467 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Onslaught X is offline Expert Industry Analyst

Welcome to 30 minutes ago Jake
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

Quote Originally Posted by KTA View Post
    Welcome the new head of Microsoft Game Studios Europe:
    http://games.ign.com/articles/122/12...source=twitter

Sony's loss in 2008, dude seemed to know what time it was. Poor Peter.
    Dunno about 'loss', as it seems Sony has been doing much better in terms of just about everything playstation related after 2008. Also, I'm guessing he will do just as good with MS as he did with atari and gojikiaiwkerjshawdawedj or whatever it is that he also left from.

In other words, nothing to see here.

KTA
    KTA is offline Member

I'd argue the latter. PS3 has been stagnant momentum wise the past 2 years and it's not like he's going to control what Sony as a whole does. He was responsible for buying up Media Molecule so there's that.

Xbox 4 Life.

And Benny my post was betta, I mean look at that mug shot.

Also i'm going to make a video like this:

I'd argue the latter. PS3 has been stagnant momentum wise the past 2 years and it's not like he's going to control what Sony as a whole does. He was responsible for buying up Media Molecule so there's that.

Xbox 4 Life.
    Nah, this guy is a bald-headed douche. Just look at him. MS will probably stick him to work on some avatar development or something. He looks like he might be able to design a nice skirt for master chief

Eh, they've been 'stagnant' but I think that's usually typical at the 4 year point with the rare exception being Microsoft, obviously due to Kinect/Redesign.

The PS3 has done so much better since 2009, even if growth has slowed down.
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

Bane is offline Member

I actually agree with Russ on this one, Harrison doesn't have the best record.
    One thing they do now, I noticed, is they have these platform wars, like "Xbox is better than Playstation." That's nerdy to me. What the fuck is the matter with you?
    - Ice-T on video game fanboys.

Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor

Welcome the new head of Microsoft Game Studios Europe:
    http://games.ign.com/articles/122/12...source=twitter

Sony's loss in 2008, dude seemed to know what time it was. Poor Peter.
    There is a part of me that has to wonder how die-hard PS3/Xbox fanboys react to this. If you're a PS3 fan and you loved Phil Harrison, do you have to hate him now? Conversely if you hated Phil Harrison as the Enemy, does this mean you have to like him now?

Man corporate musical chairs like this is tough on the faithful.

KTA
    KTA is offline Member

He always seemed to give level headed responses during interviews and make sense opposed to corporate jargain and side stepping. I always respected him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    There is a part of me that has to wonder how die-hard PS3/Xbox fanboys react to this. If you're a PS3 fan and you loved Phil Harrison, do you have to hate him now? Conversely if you hated Phil Harrison as the Enemy, does this mean you have to like him now?

I honestly don't know much about him, but the timing is awfully suspect in relation to the ps3 picking up steam with games and services. So i'll just blame everything shitty on it being his fault, and playstation cleaning up their act after he left. It's easier that way when I dont really care. Also, see Ataris revival and the online company gokikakakahf that everyone is using now as more testament of his success.

nmcmahan52 is offline Member

he has a very will arnettish face in that mug

PSN/Steam/Live: nmcmahan52

I'm thinking Smashing Pumpkins.
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Bane is offline Member

He always seemed to give level headed responses during interviews and make sense opposed to corporate jargain and side stepping. I always respected him for that.
    He's always seemed like a cool dude I agree, but his recent business ventures have not been stellar.
    One thing they do now, I noticed, is they have these platform wars, like "Xbox is better than Playstation." That's nerdy to me. What the fuck is the matter with you?

Badger3920 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post

I think the zealotry of people in this thread is pretty low. If this sort of thing had happened a couple of years ago, and been posted in smackdown before several extremists were banned, yeah I think you'd see some credibility seppuku on the part of several people. I think what you say is absolutely true, but mostly applicable to the zealots.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Bane is offline Member

Good news for Achievement whores: XBLA games are being updated to have 30 achievements with 400 gamerscore, with up to four DLC packs released one a quarter with 100 points each. 800 points for XBLA games is kinda crazy.

KTA
    KTA is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    He's always seemed like a cool dude I agree, but his recent business ventures have not been stellar.
    I'm not sure what anyone could do for Atari. I mean it's Atari. Not sure what the hell else he did. I don't think he's been anywhere long enough to truly judge anyway. If you influence a company in 2008 you aren't going to see that final product for at least 2 to 3 years likely. And that's if they stay the course. Obviously parties had issues.

Time will tell.