Page 465 of 466 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466 LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 6987
    nmcmahan52 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
    So I went to a mystery movie marathon featuring 4 Nicolas Cage movies at the Alamo Drafthouse over the weekend. I had no idea what they were showing other than it was 4 Cage movies.

First movie - Vampire's Kiss - - ho-lee-shit, this movie is insane in the best way. So many Cage moments it's just incredible. I don't know what the point of the movie was other than to give Cage and opportunity to be an insane person. If you love crazy Cage, you need to watch this.

Second movie - Bringing Out the Dead - - Cage was much more grounded in this one, but it was still a pretty good movie. Cage is a burnt out paramedic who falls for the daughter of one of his patients. Pretty dark movie, but plenty of funny parts and lots of cool people in it - Goodman, Sizemore, Rhames, and Arquette. Worth a watch.

Third movie - Wild at Heart - Never heard of this one before either, but it's a pretty weird film - as expected I suppose since David Lynch directed it. It starts of awesome as Cage beats a man to death with his bare hands and then it turns kinda weird in a good way. Sadly I had to leave half-way through, but I'll have to find a way to watch the rest of it.

Last movie - Face/Off - seen it plenty of times and it's fantastic, so not terribly upset I missed it in the theater. I figured it'd be this or The Rock. I ended up watching The Rock the next day to compensate for missing the last movie.

I love that Alamo does shit like this. It's something no other theater around here would do and apparently people eat it up. There were over 100 people at the Cage showing so I hope they do more. They had a Stallone one last year that was fantastic as well.
    i haven't seen vampire's kiss since i was 10 probably, one of those random cinemax movies that would come on all the time for a short bit then disappear into oblivion

PSN/Steam/Live: nmcmahan52

RM
    RM is online now Member

Even though I've seen every episode of Rosanne twice, when I think of John Goodman, I think of Bringing Out the Dead and the ending of Barton Fink.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Shoeless is online now HDD Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Even though I've seen every episode of Rosanne twice, when I think of John Goodman, I think of Bringing Out the Dead and the ending of Barton Fink.
    The ending of Barton Fink is one my wife's all time favorite scenes in a movie ever, for reasons that still escape me to this day.

HuskerGuy is offline Member

I don't think I'd ever even heard of Bringing Out the Dead until then. Great part with Goodman was when he was sleeping, Cage wakes him up and he about drives them off a pier.

Speaking of movies I'd never heard of, Barton Fink would be another. Looks interesting.
    Proud member of the BATMAN club and the CAT SQUAD... it's not what you think.

In memorium - Waggleton P. Tallylicker - Never Forget

Shoeless is online now HDD Contributor

Speaking of movies I'd never heard of, Barton Fink would be another. Looks interesting.
    It takes some well deserved pot shots at both the Hollywood conveyor belt of creativity, and pretentious artists. I really enjoyed the movie and liked it a lot. Also kind of surreal in a Lynch-lite way. Not as bad as Wild at Heart, though by Lynch standards, he was actually holding back on that movie, I feel.

Onslaught X is offline Expert Industry Analyst

So I went to a mystery movie marathon featuring 4 Nicolas Cage movies at the Alamo Drafthouse over the weekend. I had no idea what they were showing other than it was 4 Cage movies.

First movie - Vampire's Kiss - - ho-lee-shit, this movie is insane in the best way. So many Cage moments it's just incredible. I don't know what the point of the movie was other than to give Cage and opportunity to be an insane person. If you love crazy Cage, you need to watch this.

Second movie - Bringing Out the Dead - - Cage was much more grounded in this one, but it was still a pretty good movie. Cage is a burnt out paramedic who falls for the daughter of one of his patients. Pretty dark movie, but plenty of funny parts and lots of cool people in it - Goodman, Sizemore, Rhames, and Arquette. Worth a watch.

Third movie - Wild at Heart - Never heard of this one before either, but it's a pretty weird film - as expected I suppose since David Lynch directed it. It starts of awesome as Cage beats a man to death with his bare hands and then it turns kinda weird in a good way. Sadly I had to leave half-way through, but I'll have to find a way to watch the rest of it.

Last movie - Face/Off - seen it plenty of times and it's fantastic, so not terribly upset I missed it in the theater. I figured it'd be this or The Rock. I ended up watching The Rock the next day to compensate for missing the last movie.

I love that Alamo does shit like this. It's something no other theater around here would do and apparently people eat it up. There were over 100 people at the Cage showing so I hope they do more. They had a Stallone one last year that was fantastic as well.
    I'm ready. Ready for the big ride baaaaaaby
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

RedRedSuit is online now Member

If you want to see a fucked up obscure Cage film, try to track down Zandalee. You'll plotz. Featuring the honorable Judge Reinhold as well.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Dennis M. is offline Member

I don't think I'd ever even heard of Bringing Out the Dead until then. Great part with Goodman was when he was sleeping, Cage wakes him up and he about drives them off a pier.

Speaking of Cage and the Coen brothers, he was in Raising Arizona

HuskerGuy is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    If you want to see a fucked up obscure Cage film, try to track down Zandalee. You'll plotz. Featuring the honorable Judge Reinhold as well.
    Yeah, that looks awesome - in a bad Nic Cage movie sorta way.
    Proud member of the BATMAN club and the CAT SQUAD... it's not what you think.

In memorium - Waggleton P. Tallylicker - Never Forget

KTA
    KTA is offline Member

Got to see Troy this weekend briefly at Magfest.

You guys should go to Magfest next year. I may end up setting up Harambe memorials around the con randomly with flowers. It'll be funnier if the meme is dead.

i think i might actually join this century and buy a ps4 finally

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

Quote Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
    i think i might actually join this century and buy a ps4 finally
    Get a PC. Winners get a PC. Losers go home and cry how they don't have a PC.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

Quote Originally Posted by KTA View Post
    Got to see Troy this weekend briefly at Magfest.

You guys should go to Magfest next year. I may end up setting up Harambe memorials around the con randomly with flowers. It'll be funnier if the meme is dead.
    It was my favorite Magfest so far.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Get a PC. Winners get a PC. Losers go home and cry how they don't have a PC.
    thanks captain john patrick mason

anyway, too late