Go Back   High-Def Digest Forums > Games > Game Room
Reload this Page Project Draco Details (Panzer Dragoon Successor)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last>>

Default Project Draco Details (Panzer Dragoon Successor)

Announced at last years Tokyo Game Show, Project Draco is from much of the team behind the cult classic Panzer Dragoon series. And from the brief concept trailer we were shown last year, it was clear that Draco would be a spiritual successor to Dragoon of some kind, largely dealing with dragon combat.
    After missions, you can feed your dragon food that you have earned, giving you an opportunity to upgrade and customise your dragon, as well as build a bit of a virtual bond with the creature. You can then take your dragon online and play alongside friends' dragons via 3-player online co-op.
    http://www.insidekinect.com/2011/09/...reens-and.html

From GAF:

- The story takes place 150-200 years in the future. After humanity migrates to another planet, some incident eventually causes the destruction of that world. The survivors of the incident create a new form of society where they modify dragons into means of transport and become dragon riders.

- The game is a rail shooter where you control dragons for combat. There are various different types of dragons to choose from, and in the demo session they showed off the first dragon you can use in the game - the Bloodskin.

- The game is directed by Yukio Futatsugi at Grounding, but the dragons are designed by Manabu Kusunoki who is currently at Land Ho. Both creators originally made the Panzer Dragoon games.

- In the demo they showed off the controls of the game for the first time. Reaching out with your right hand, you lock-on to multiple targets for the Homing Laser attack. With your left hand, you can trigger the manual Fire Breath single target attack. Swinging down both arms together will unleash the strong Eclipse Ray attack.

- But the game isn't just limited to these three attacks, there is an indepth system where you can develop and advance your dragon, including adding more attacks and options for combat.

- After completing a stage, you get food for your dragon. By feeding the dragon you unlock skills which expand what the dragon can do. These skills include being able to lock on to more targets, doing more damage, etc. There are 150 different types of skill to explore.

- Originally when they showed off the game, they showed that you can control the dragon using your hands on the Kinect. This was a mistake. It turned out to be a bad idea so now this game is a traditional rail shooter where the dragon moves on its own. Also, it is tiring if you move your hands around too much, so the ideal pace for a Kinect game is about 5 minutes for a single quest.

- Project Draco has been in development for about a year or so now. It is due for release in early 2012 on XBLA. The director hopes that it will be a new benchmark not just for Kinect-only titles (lol) but also for the quality and standard of XBLA games.

More pics at the link above.

I know I'm probably the only one here who'll get this, but as a HUGE Panzer Dragoon fan, this sounds awesome. Love how they got most of Team Andromeda together for this game, gives me a lot of faith.
    XBL: Kage Maru
    PSN: Kagemaru10g

Currently playing: DoA4, Halo Reach, GRAW2, Duke Nukem Forever, Uncharted 2, and Demon Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Favelle View Post
    Yup. Its all gaming. Hating on ANY platform is lame. You don't have to prefer a platform, but to be angry at OTHER people for playing it and enjoying it? Well that's just coldfoot/wellinformed/kagemaru mentality.
    This thread isn't about that though. Its about Battlefield 3. And you Coldfoot, get the shit version. Sorry.
    I'm a big Panzer Dragoon fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    And so it begins.
    At 12:43am this morning...he came back.

I knew I knew you, I knew I knew you. But you ain't you. You can't be you. We put you through the window. There ain't no coming back. This is the really real world, there ain't no coming back. We killed you dead, there ain't no coming back! There ain't no coming back! There ain't no coming back!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageMaru View Post
    http://www.insidekinect.com/2011/09/...reens-and.html

From GAF:

More pics at the link above.

I know I'm probably the only one here who'll get this, but as a HUGE Panzer Dragoon fan, this sounds awesome. Love how they got most of Team Andromeda together for this game, gives me a lot of faith.
    Absolutely not. Getting this as well. Panzer Dragoon is one of my favourite gaming series.
    The only thing I don't like about that new one is the lack of armour.
    PSN/XBL: BLINX1234

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Gates and Windows?
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    I'm a big Panzer Dragoon fan.
    You sure? Game doesn't have a jump button, you know.

Also a huge Panzer Dragoon fan. I hope the number of missions make up for the 5 minute mission time. One thing I loved about the Originals, and even Orta, was the variety of the missions as you were going through them.

This will be a day 1 buy for me.
    AOS Pyrochaos
    Pyrochaos
    Quote Originally Posted by WellInformed View Post
    Yes, X360 has technical advantages over the PS3. Bad code can still run on the X360. It can't run on the PS3.
    Never played a Panzer Dragoon game.. but Iíll be getting this one..
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, WiiU)
    Guess I was wrong, didn't realize you guys were PD fans too, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
    Also a huge Panzer Dragoon fan. I hope the number of missions make up for the 5 minute mission time. One thing I loved about the Originals, and even Orta, was the variety of the missions as you were going through them.

This will be a day 1 buy for me.
    Yeah, that was a bit of a downer for me too. Hopefully there are a lot of missions to make up for it. The fact that it's a XBLA and not a full retail release also makes this less of an issue.

I wonder if they saw how CoE was received at retail and changed this from a retail release to a XBLA title.

Currently playing: DoA4, Halo Reach, GRAW2, Duke Nukem Forever, Uncharted 2, and Demon Souls.

Yup. Its all gaming. Hating on ANY platform is lame. You don't have to prefer a platform, but to be angry at OTHER people for playing it and enjoying it? Well that's just coldfoot/wellinformed/kagemaru mentality.
    This thread isn't about that though. Its about Battlefield 3. And you Coldfoot, get the shit version. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinx123 View Post
    You sure? Game doesn't have a jump button, you know.
    You don't jump in flight. Also, it's not a fps.
    And so it begins.

I knew I knew you, I knew I knew you. But you ain't you. You can't be you. We put you through the window. There ain't no coming back. This is the really real world, there ain't no coming back. We killed you dead, there ain't no coming back! There ain't no coming back! There ain't no coming back!
    Must have.
    2014 Winner of the "Unfunny since 2007" Award!
    using Child of Eden controls is a good start, but limiting.
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo
    Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    Wait..is this a Kinect only game? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    2014 Winner of the "Unfunny since 2007" Award!
    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Wait..is this a Kinect only game? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    aye, would prefer to have controller as an option.
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    You don't jump in flight. Also, it's not a fps.
    Ya. But still. That's rather restrictive. Don't you think?

J/K, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinx123 View Post
    Ya. But still. That's rather restrictive. Don't you think?

J/K, btw.
    Flying is like being in a constant state of jumping. It's like jumping times infinity.
    And so it begins.

Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    I agree, though no more limiting than past PD games (sans PDS of course).