Page 3 of 1132 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast
    Favelle is online now Member

For eye candy...I know its over a year old, but seriously, Bad Company 2 running with full-detail @ 1080p or higher is simply jaw-droppping. The level of effects in the destruction, the smoke, the explosions....its nutso man. Especially at ~ 60fps.

Other than that, for eye candy I would go with Witcher II, also, Dead Space 2 has some pretty epic moments.....
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    You don't keep friends who use low resolutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    "You don't keep friends who use low volume."
    Intel i7 4770k (@4.5Ghz) + CrossFire Gigabyte R9 290x's w/ 4GB video RAM! + 16GB DDR3 RAM (STEAM/Origin: Nealon_Greene)
    Elitist >> mindless peon
    Yamaha 6260 - 7.1 Polks - 2 LLT subs powered by 1000W
    Optoma HD20 with 123" fixed screen for movies

Quote Originally Posted by brandoshido View Post
    I've done red faction guerrilla, crysis 1 and 2, witcher, bulletstorm, fallout 3. All 1080p, completely maxed settings, all play with no lag and buttery smooth. The games look miles away from console counterparts.
    As far as crossfire goes, I've never had sli before so I can't make any comparisons to that. It was easy to setup though, plugged in both cards, attached the bridge, and everything just worked flawlessly.
    I don't disagree with this!

Are you on PC Bad Company 2? We should match up sometime. I'd love to knife you..hehheh!
    Intel i7 4770k (@4.5Ghz) + CrossFire Gigabyte R9 290x's w/ 4GB video RAM! + 16GB DDR3 RAM (STEAM/Origin: Nealon_Greene)
    Elitist >> mindless peon

brandoshido is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Favelle View Post
    I don't disagree with this!

Are you on PC Bad Company 2? We should match up sometime. I'd love to knife you..hehheh!
    not on PC. But seeing as to how cheap it isI i wouldn't mind repurchasing it (if only to compare how it looks on my 360). Is it compatible with the 360 controller? I really only like to play conquest as well, which I guess is frowned upon. I feel like I'm a pretty decent player, but maybe the PC crowd is more of a challenge...
    GamerTag: Brandoshido

New Pc Build 21APR11:
    CPU: i5-2500k
    MoBo: MSI P67A-GD65
    Case: Coolermaster HAF 932
    GPU: Sapphire 7970 3GB
    RAM: 12GB DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX
    PSU: 750w Corsair professional series
    Storage: 80GB OCZ Vertex2 SSD/60GB Vertex 3 SSD/3TB External HDD

Quote Originally Posted by brandoshido View Post
    not on PC. But seeing as to how cheap it isI i wouldn't mind repurchasing it (if only to compare how it looks on my 360). Is it compatible with the 360 controller? I really only like to play conquest as well, which I guess is frowned upon. I feel like I'm a pretty decent player, but maybe the PC crowd is more of a challenge...
    No, you have it the opposite. Conquest is maybe frowned upon on the consoles, but its the ORIGINAL map-type for Battlefield games. If there's 20,000 people playing BC2 on the PC, 19,000 of them are playing Conquest. I have 477 hours played on Bad Company 2...474 hours are Conquest! Battlefield 2 didn't have any other map-type except Conquest!

Be warned though, unless you're in a chopper, you'll get OWNED by using a controller. Some of these dudes are GOOD man. Lightning fast. But you'll hold your own. And the visuals are off the hook!!!
    Elitist >> mindless peon

Blinx123 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    I can see you'd need a huge case for that. I cant stand having one the size of a minifridge though lol. I never need THAT much hdd space as I'm a rather tidy person (i delete things im not using; especially large files or installs). As it is, you can get cheap 2TB drives, or a bit more for 3 TB drives - so unless you're ridiculously media intensive (like copying hundreds of blu-rays to your hdd for the fun of it) you'd never really need "3-4 HDDS, and 1-2 SSD's." The tower I went with (a mid-tower) has:
    External 5.25" Drive Bays: 4
    External 3.5" Drive Bays: 1
    Internal 3.5" Drive Bays: 6
    Internal 2.5" Drive Bays: 2
    Well. Yea. Not too big of a fan of 2-3TB drives. All those platters tend to hike up drive failure.

The reason I have so many drives is rather easy: When my last IDE/ATA drive broke (motor failure. Served me well for 9 years), I put my (formerly external) Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 (SATA II) in my PC. This one broke on the morning of New Year's Eve. To repair it, I'll need another drive (the Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB I'm going to buy soon) and some cables.

And then there is this 600GB Western Digital Velociraptor that I'm looking forward to.

So, it seems pretty ample. You can do a BD drive, SDD drive, a couple HDD's etc. I think the HAF X is definitely a nicer case though. It's just massive.
    I'll most likely need two Blu-Ray drives if I want to be able to play those Region 1 discs I plan on buying.

What I really don't like with the HAF X is the cheap plastic front. I don't like plastic. An all-steel case would be my favourite, but I can't find a good one, so an aluminum one is ok to.

Thanks, hope to have it up soon. Not sure what games I should test it out with. I have Starcraft 2 - but that's not going to be too much in the way of eye candy. I'm more excited to see the improvement 8gb of RAM provides in huge battles in SC2 - along with a much better processor (not getting bogged down) and no low framerates during huge battles thanks to the gtx 570.

I'm thinking maybe I'll pick up Metro 2033? Any other suggestions for major eye candy to test out the new rig next week?

Lord of the Rings Online. Definitely.
    It's free, it's DX 11 and the Shire just looks stunning.
    PSN/XBL: BLINX1234

Bernie 2016!

Interim Project Leader @ Platinum Arts

Currently working on the next generation of Platinum Arts Sandbox.
    An easy to use, multi-platform gaming engine for Windows, Mac OS X and GNU/Linux (next generation console releases TBA)

weasl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blinx123 View Post
    That's still one level above my hardware, lol.

What hardware did you play Final Fantasy XIV (14) with?
    Was playing it with the a 370 and Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 . I got a second 370 in hopes that it would quiet down the first but no luck.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

That IS an awesome case. 1000x better than my 1999 Antec case. Its the one thing I NEVER upgrade. One day though!
    Yeah, I don't like spend $100+ on a case. It's the one thing I don't see netting me performance. So, I usually go with "good enough." However, I fried my last card because the airflow on my old case sucked balls. Once I went SLi my cooling needs changed drastically. Especially, since the Gigabyte board I snagged only has two 16x slots, and forced me to use the slot directly under my top gpu. Ugh, raises those temps by 10c.

Going to install the gpu vent today. So, I should see my temps hopefully level at 85c. Still hot, but that's only on Furmark. Nothing gets my gpus that hot. Hottest Crysis got it up to was 77c.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

Well. Yea. Not too big of a fan of 2-3TB drives. All those platters tend to hike up drive failure.
    Drive failure is common no matter the size. I realize that it goes up slightly the larger and more numerous the platters...but a good drive, is a good drive. For performance have it run off your main HDDs. Either, SSD raid, or just your fastest combo. For storage...I have my massive drives. Which, I'm going to throw 2 2tb drives in their soon.

If you are doing mass media stuff, you should be swapping your drives every few months. If you're super serious...every project.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

weasl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    Was playing it with the a 370 and Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 . I got a second 370 in hopes that it would quiet down the first but no luck.
    My bad i have GTX 470s

weasl is offline Member

That CPU is totally fine for current games. Its only the next-gen games that will truly start using multi-threads and start taxing our CPU's. Its all GPU-driven right now....
    Oh really? I would have never guessed.

Badger3920 is online now Member

The reason I have so many drives is rather easy: When my last IDE/ATA drive broke (motor failure. Served me well for 9 years), I put my (formerly external) Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 (SATA II) in my PC. This one broke on the morning of New Year's Eve. To repair it, I'll need another drive (the Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB I'm going to buy soon) and some cables.
    But if you go bigger than the HAF X, it's no longer a "little pc" and thus cannot be talked about in this "little pc corner" thread!
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

But if you go bigger than the HAF X, it's no longer a "little pc" and thus cannot be talked about in this "little pc corner" thread!
    HAHAHAHAHA!

That made me laugh. A good thing too...in these dark times.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Rapture is upon us??
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Rapture is upon us??
    Soon. 6pm Eastern Time.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Thanks for clearing that up, I need to go have se..... semantic debates on the forums one last time.