Page 1161 of 1161 FirstFirst ... 161661106111111151115911601161
Results 17,401 to 17,405 of 17405
    Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

Naturalvision GTA V mod. Looks sweet.

Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Looks pretty good, I might have to check it out at some point. I still haven't tried GTAV on this computer.
    Current Computer Rig; 6850k (OCed to 4.0GHz), MSI GTX 1080 Twin Frozr VI, Asus X99-A, 32GB 3200MHz Ram, 2x 500GB 850 EVOs SSDs (OS/Programs | High Priority Games), 1x6TB WD Black (Media), 1x4TB WD Black (Games). Bunch of externals.
    Peripherals; Acer Predator 27" QHD 144hz G-Sync & Asus 23" 120hz Monitors, HTC Vive, Logitech G933 Wireless 7.1 Headphones, Corsair Glaive & Polaris RGB, Logitech G510 Keyboard
    Region Free Player: Sony BDP-S5100
    UHD Player: LG UP970

Mouse settings... Enhance Pointer Precision. Yes or No?

I have my first "Gaming" mouse on its way, I chose a Corsair, it has 6000 DPI. I have seen mice with 12,000 DPI. This particular mouse I have coming most closely resembles a regular mouse. Some of them are insane with their appearance and button options. Currently though I have a plain-jane Logitech M100 wired mouse. I have had some challenges with accuracy in games, my previous Logitech mouse was a champ. I have seen much controversy as to whether enhanced precision is good or bad. With my QHD display online it certainly feels different.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Taking the QHD/10-bit color plunge this week.
    Ben-Q Designer PD2700Q "Zowie" monitor. Have discussed these recently. ASUS never got back to me on how their monitor achieved 10-bit color, I suspect dithering.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16824014591

It will do 76 hz vertical refresh and supports official REC-709 color palette. My experience form the CRT days was that anything 72 hz or above got rid of the noticeable flicker. This monitor is claiming flicker-free even at 60.

The one I had bookmarked was the same model number but discontinued. There must have been a revision done somewhere.

Out of the box I had a few issues.

1) Multiple attempts to get it to show it was receiving a signal. Using mini- Displayport. Guide said something about Displayport 1.1 and 1.2 and what to do if no video is received but that was not the case. I guess it is possible the graphics card was stuck in DVI mode but I don't know. I doubt it.
    2) Color was terrible - specifically White, it looked very burnt, sort of a yellow brown. I switched from Standard mode to several other modes til I found one that looked correct, ended up being sRGB but Animation mode looked white as well, had to increase the brightness at that point but that's fine. REC709 mode has a serious gamma issue. Probably Nvidia related as they lock out 10 bit color in the control panel on "consumer" cards - allegedly 10-bit color works on Consumer Nvidia cards only in a DX11 Exclusive mode.
    3) Refresh rate - monitor alleges it will display 76 hz but when I go to that mode it says "out of range". I settled on 72 as it is a multiple of 24 (ie: film mode). Any novice would not know how to do this as Windows is straight 60 hz
    4) The install disc that came with the monitor is stupid. It is browser based and I cannot get past the test pattern program. It says to launch the program and press the "auto" button on the monitor and it would calibrate. This monitor does NOT have an "Auto" button in it. There are buttons 1 - 5 and power. 1 - 5 control the OSD. I still would like to know if I am missing something with the intention of this test pattern. The pattern itself looks correct so who knows!

Afterwards though - very pleased with the monitor. As an advanced user those little obstacles (except #4) are nothing. If I was a novice this monitor would be in need of help as I would not resolve any of those issues and it being a weekend to install it I would be very discouraged.

My previous post with the mouse question - relevant to this monitor as well. With 70% more surface area to cover the mouse settings had to be tweaked a bit. I turned off the enhanced mode but turned up the speed to a 6/11. I think when I get my gaming mouse online this will be tweaked a little more.

RM
    RM is online now Member

Reviews for RX Vega just hit. It's basically what everyone expected: Vega 56 ($399) is a little better than the 1070, and Vega 64 ($499) trades blows with the 1080. The 56 is only 10% less performance than the 64, but it's 20% less cost. As usual, they dominate the Nvidia cards in Doom and EA games, while Nvidia dominates them in GTA V.

Seems like Nvidia will drop price on the 1070 and 1080 within a week and erase any advantage Vega 56 might have had against the 1070.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e