Page 1140 of 1156 FirstFirst ... 140640104010901130113811391140114111421150 ... LastLast
Results 17,086 to 17,100 of 17339
    Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Hey Boston, we know someone on this forum that will be selling an MSI SeaHawk GTX1080 soon
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Boston007 is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Hey Boston, we know someone on this forum that will be selling an MSI SeaHawk GTX1080 soon
    Too late, I already ordered the 1070. It arrives today, apparently NewEgg shipped it out super fast

The new card I got comes with For Honor or Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Any recommendations? Sell the code???

RM
    RM is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    The new card I got comes with For Honor or Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Any recommendations? Sell the code???
    Selling codes is a pain in the ass now:

Nvidia stops promotional game resales by tying codes to hardware

Graphics card maker Nvidia is putting a stop to the resale of bundled promotional game keys by tying them to a specific graphics card purchase.

Previously, retailers sent promotional game codes to customers that purchased a qualifying product. Those codes could then be redeemed on Nvidia's website, which spit out the relevant Steam, Uplay, Origin, or Microsoft Store key. Since the promotional game codes were not tied to a specific account, many users took to either gifting spare keys to friends or selling them on eBay in order to offset the cost of the graphics card purchase.

Now, users have to redeem codes via the GeForce Experience (GFE) app, which is directly linked to third-party services like Steam and Uplay. Users must also ensure that the requisite graphics card is "installed before redemption." GFE then performs "a hardware verification step to ensure the coupon code is redeemed on the system with the qualifying GPU."

Update: Nvidia has confirmed that while GFE checks to ensure a user has installed a qualifying graphics card like a GTX 1070 or GTX 1080, the game itself is not permanently linked to the hardware. GFE's hardware check is based only on the wider product range, and not on a specific serial number.

The company has also confirmed that the redemption process permanently adds the game to the appropriate third-party service. For example, if users redeems a promotional game key through to Steam, that game will be useable on any other device, just like normal Steam games. Users can also opt to uninstall GFE, or install a different graphics card, once the promotional code has been redeemed and still retain full ownership of the game. A full set of instructions for redeeming codes is now available on Nvidia's website.

Ars is awaiting clarification on the status of codes for those that purchase two graphics cards for SLI.

The lockdown of promotional codes isn't an entirely unexpected move. Last year, Microsoft was forced to revoke codes for Gears of War 4 after an Amazon loophole allowed users to order a GTX 1070, receive the code, and then cancel the order. However, users are likely to be irked by the requirement to use GFE to redeem codes. The latest versions of GFE require users to register and login in order to use any of its functionality, which includes streaming games around the home, automatic settings optimisation, and automatic driver updates. Previous versions of GFE did not require a login.

"Login is what establishes the link between your system and the rest of the GeForce ecosystem," an Nvidia developer working on GFE said in a recent Nvidia forum post. "That's how we establish the connection that lets you stream from your PC to your Shield. That's how you redeem GeForce Experience rewards into your account. It's what lets you stream games from GeForce Now to your PC...To the conspiracy theorists, this has nothing to do with spying, tracking, or other nefarious activities."

Nvidia's new terms and conditions for promotional codes can be found in its latest bundle, which offers the choice of For Honor or Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands with the purchase of a GTX 1070 or GTX 1080.
    Basically, you can only sell it to someone who has a similar card, which means they would probably already have the game.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Selling codes is a pain in the ass now:

Basically, you can only sell it to someone who has a similar card, which means they would probably already have the game.
    That SUCKS

Guess I will keep it. Just have to decide which of the two games I want. If anyone can recommend one over the other let me know thanks!

RM
    RM is online now Member

From what I've seen, I have no interest in either of them. For Honor looks fine, but I don't care for multiplayer games anymore. Wildlands has gotten some rough reviews and seems to be mostly good for co-op.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

From what I've seen, I have no interest in either of them. For Honor looks fine, but I don't care for multiplayer games anymore. Wildlands has gotten some rough reviews and seems to be mostly good for co-op.
    Which mean they both suck for me LOL

Which mean they both suck for me LOL
    According to The Page for the bundle, it should work with any 1080 Ti, 1080, and 1070. Which means I could use it. I have some small interest in Wildlands, but there is no way I'm paying $80 CAN for it. Or even $50 TBH. I'd probably wait until it was at least 66% off before I get it (About $32 CAN, so something like $25 US).

You could set up a game trade on the forum, and I could paypal you some moolah? Of course, if you'd rather keep it, or hold it for a better deal that's cool. I'm not THAT keen on it.
    Current Computer Rig; 6850k (OCed to 4.0GHz), MSI GTX 1080 Twin Frozr VI, Asus X99-A, 32GB 3200MHz Ram, 2x 500GB 850 EVOs SSDs (OS/Programs | High Priority Games), 1x6TB WD Black (Media), 1x4TB WD Black (Games). Bunch of externals.
    Peripherals; Acer Predator 27" WQHD 144hz G-Sync Monitor, HTC Vive, Logitech G933 Wireless 7.1 Headphones, Corsair Sabre RGB, Logitech G510 Keyboard, Asus 23" 1080p 120hz Monitor
    Region Free Player: Sony BDP-S5100
    UHD Player: LG UP970

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

It's going to take a 32" curved, 4k, IPS, G-Sync/FreeSync monitor to get me to upgrade, and those won't be affordable for a few years. There are some 40" FreeSync units out now, but I would prefer 32".
    More looking at comparing. The color on my current monitor is incredible but if a scene in a game is very dark there is a little to be desired. But the claim of 100,000,000:1 contrast ratio and the likes, I'm becoming more inundated with useless data. Maybe my issue here is I don't want the screen to be blazingly bright so that's why the few scenes in games are darker.
    Why is it all the IPS monitors are 4ms or greater while the TN monitors are 1ms? Would a TN monitor from this year probably perform better than the one I got several years ago, even though both rated at 1ms?
    I did some reading and it said that even at 144hz the refresh is essentially 6.9ms but then there were things about "overdrive" and a bunch of other little tricks they were doing to get the effective rates.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

RM
    RM is online now Member

More looking at comparing. The color on my current monitor is incredible but if a scene in a game is very dark there is a little to be desired. But the claim of 100,000,000:1 contrast ratio and the likes, I'm becoming more inundated with useless data. Maybe my issue here is I don't want the screen to be blazingly bright so that's why the few scenes in games are darker.
    With IPS screens, brightness can vary a lot between the different versions of the technology. My 30" Dell panels at work are really bright even though I've got the brightness turned all the way down. The difference between 0% and 100% feels like less than double the brightness. But the BenQ I have at home has a really wide brightness range. If I turn it all the way down, it's so dark it's comical. However at 40%, it feels like it's on eye blast. So it's a wider range than I need, but I have plenty of flexibility to tune the panel how I want.

The one VA panel I have (wife & kids PC) seems like the easiest on the eyes, but the colors are a bit dull. I have to turn the saturation up to 11 to get reds and blues to look nice in video games. Brightness and contrast are fantastic though. It would be perfect for working with grey-scale photos.

I can't stress enough how much a 10-Bit Panel looks better than an 8-Bit Panel. It's not as drastic as HDR over on the 4K TV front, but it really does make everything look much better. As a console gamer who is just using my PC as an overgrown console with an Xbox Controller, I'll stick with 60hz, but always demand 10-Bit from now on.

Why is it all the IPS monitors are 4ms or greater while the TN monitors are 1ms? Would a TN monitor from this year probably perform better than the one I got several years ago, even though both rated at 1ms?
    I did some reading and it said that even at 144hz the refresh is essentially 6.9ms but then there were things about "overdrive" and a bunch of other little tricks they were doing to get the effective rates.
    That millisecond rating is a very overrated measurement, just like contrast ratio. What's being measured there is the likelihood you will see ghosting - the trail of an image as the panel switches the pixel from one color to another. That's a separate function than the hertz rating - 60hz, 144hz, etc. They're related, but different.

Basically the only people who can honestly tell a difference between the 144hz IPS and TN monitors are highly competitive Counter Strike players. Even then, they have to play for hours and hours on both panels, then look at their stats over that time to judge the tiny performance delta between the two. If you're a more casual player, you probably couldn't demonstrate a difference in your performance between the two if you tried.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

RM
    RM is online now Member

If you have time, check his out:

IPS vs TN Monitors (ASUS PG279Q vs PG278Q)
    PS4 - Because Cronie

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
    According to The Page for the bundle, it should work with any 1080 Ti, 1080, and 1070. Which means I could use it. I have some small interest in Wildlands, but there is no way I'm paying $80 CAN for it. Or even $50 TBH. I'd probably wait until it was at least 66% off before I get it (About $32 CAN, so something like $25 US).

You could set up a game trade on the forum, and I could paypal you some moolah? Of course, if you'd rather keep it, or hold it for a better deal that's cool. I'm not THAT keen on it.
    The code is yours for $25 if you want it.

video card arrives today. Not sure I'll have time to install it tonight.

Best method to install new card?
    UNINSTALL old drivers, shut down PC, swap cards, boot up and install latest drivers?

The code is yours for $25 if you want it.

video card arrives today. Not sure I'll have time to install it tonight.

Best method to install new card?
    UNINSTALL old drivers, shut down PC, swap cards, boot up and install latest drivers?
    Cool. You could make it all official-like in This Forum if you want. There are two ways we could go about it. You could either send me the code first to make sure it actually redeems, then I'll toss $25 US your way via paypal. Or I could pay you ahead of time on the presumption that it will work (it should), but if it doesn't you'll have to send the moolah back. The latter is more bothersome in the event that the code doesn't work, but is obviously the safer option for yourself.

And I can't say I've done a card swap before, but that certainly sounds about right.
    Current Computer Rig; 6850k (OCed to 4.0GHz), MSI GTX 1080 Twin Frozr VI, Asus X99-A, 32GB 3200MHz Ram, 2x 500GB 850 EVOs SSDs (OS/Programs | High Priority Games), 1x6TB WD Black (Media), 1x4TB WD Black (Games). Bunch of externals.
    Peripherals; Acer Predator 27" WQHD 144hz G-Sync Monitor, HTC Vive, Logitech G933 Wireless 7.1 Headphones, Corsair Sabre RGB, Logitech G510 Keyboard, Asus 23" 1080p 120hz Monitor
    Region Free Player: Sony BDP-S5100
    UHD Player: LG UP970

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
    Cool. You could make it all official-like in This Forum if you want. There are two ways we could go about it. You could either send me the code first to make sure it actually redeems, then I'll toss $25 US your way via paypal. Or I could pay you ahead of time on the presumption that it will work (it should), but if it doesn't you'll have to send the moolah back. The latter is more bothersome in the event that the code doesn't work, but is obviously the safer option for yourself.

And I can't say I've done a card swap before, but that certainly sounds about right.
    I will send you the code via private message HERE when I get it. If it works I'll give you my email to send funds via Paypal. You've been on this forum long enough, I trust you.

RM
    RM is online now Member

If you have Geforce now, there is no need to uninstall the old drivers Boston. Just shut the PC down, swap cards, and let GeForce Now update when you boot back up. If you don't already have it installed, I would do that first before you swap cards. Once it's installed, it will handle the video card driver stuff for you.

For all the complaining about that program from the fringe of the PC crowd, it's always worked perfectly for me. I haven't had a single issue with drivers in the 4 years I've had my PC. It has an option to adjust graphics settings in game, but you can just ignore that.
    PS4 - Because Cronie