Page 1118 of 1161 FirstFirst ... 118618101810681108111611171118111911201128 ... LastLast
Results 16,756 to 16,770 of 17415
    Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Anyone the missed out on Doom real cheap should know that it is at Walmart for $19.73.
    It is one of the fake 'physical' copies. Meaning it has a Steam key in the package and the disc is nothing more than a Steam installer.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Favelle is offline Member

Vega/Ryzen is launching with PCI-e 4.0 support? I had no idea!

http://www.pcgamesn.com/pcie-4-release-date
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    You don't keep friends who use low resolutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    "You don't keep friends who use low volume."
    Intel i7 4770k (@4.5Ghz) + CrossFire Gigabyte R9 290x's w/ 4GB video RAM! + 16GB DDR3 RAM (STEAM/Origin: Nealon_Greene)
    Elitist >> mindless peon
    Yamaha 6260 - 7.1 Polks - 2 LLT subs powered by 1000W
    Optoma HD20 with 123" fixed screen for movies

For those 3 people that still have not bought Witcher 3, cdkeys has it for $16.19
    http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/the-w...hunt-pc-cd-key

OTOH, Fallout 4 for so many of us that have not, same price, $16.19
    http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/fallo...c-cd-key-steam

Mafia III, $18.69
    http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/mafia-iii-3-pc-steam

RM
    RM is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    For those 3 people that still have not bought Witcher 3, cdkeys has it for $16.19
    http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/the-w...hunt-pc-cd-key
    Out of stock.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Out of stock.
    You're one of those 3? Lol.
    Kinguin had it for $16.69

RM
    RM is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    You're one of those 3? Lol.
    Kinguin had it for $16.69
    I have such a deep backlog of games, I can only justify buying stuff that's really, really cheap.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Linus digging deep into Ryzen...pretty cool stuff:

And later he goes hands-on with VEGA:

Intel i7 4770k (@4.5Ghz) + CrossFire Gigabyte R9 290x's w/ 4GB video RAM! + 16GB DDR3 RAM (STEAM/Origin: Nealon_Greene)
    Elitist >> mindless peon

Quote Originally Posted by Favelle View Post
    Linus digging deep into Ryzen...pretty cool stuff:

And later he goes hands-on with VEGA:

AMD has also confirmed that all Ryzen processors will be overclockable. No "K" vs "non-K" bullshit.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd...erclocked.html

One more for the weekend. I actually already mentioned this bit of in in one of my earlier posts, but it is now confirmed. AMD will release several RYZEN model CPUs at launch. What wasn't confirmed just yet IF they would be overclockable , e.g. like an unlocked K model Intel processor. This is now confirmed.

All CPUs will be multiplier unlocked, the launch also invokes several models positioned lower then the 8-core flagship (also unlocked). There is obviously a motherboard restriction to be able to overclock, here you will not run into any problems either as the X370-, X300- and B350 chipsets will all support processor tweaking. Only the low-end A320 model chipset will not be overclockable.

AMD also announced that there will be several Ryzen models, models with perhaps 6 cores as well as 4 cores. According to a spokesman "a full range" will assist the launch, however if that is a quad-core model remains unknown for now. Ryzen also will not be a no paper launch, you will see full availability immediately. The latest rumors indicate late February as launch date.
    Elitist >> mindless peon

RM
    RM is online now Member

It all sounds very promising, but it also hinges entirely on pricing and release dates. The Fury X was a really neat product that landed with as much enthusiasm as a stillborn puppy. Hopefully they learned from that and they'll come in at an aggressive price, like they did with the RX 480.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

It all sounds very promising, but it also hinges entirely on pricing and release dates. The Fury X was a really neat product that landed with as much enthusiasm as a stillborn puppy. Hopefully they learned from that and they'll come in at an aggressive price, like they did with the RX 480.
    Yeah, I feel at this point its becoming a little TOO hyped. Like everyone WANTS it to be the next big thing because of CPU stagnation and because of shitty GPU prices....but that may be asking a little much. I will say though, like everyone that has commented, AMD is certainly doing this right so far. If they can nail the pricing and a hard launch, they are back in the game. The biggest thing that made me do a double take was the TDP on the Ryzen that was matching the 140TDP $1000 Intel chip. It was 90W. Those numbers in the last 10-12 years are usually the reverse, lol.
    Elitist >> mindless peon

RM
    RM is online now Member

Intel has already responded by adding Hyper Threading to some of their lower end G series chips, which will probably make the Core i3 line irrelevant now. If Rysen can push Intel to make the quad-core w/hyperthreading chip the $250 price point, and the $330 becomes a hex-core w/hyperthreading, then we'll have a pretty interesting fight.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

Intel has already responded by adding Hyper Threading to some of their lower end G series chips, which will probably make the Core i3 line irrelevant now. If Rysen can push Intel to make the quad-core w/hyperthreading chip the $250 price point, and the $330 becomes a hex-core w/hyperthreading, then we'll have a pretty interesting fight.
    Exactly. And this is what it all boils down to regardless of the fanboy crap. Having a legitimate contender to push Intel is only going to benefit all of us. I just want the 3rd party benchmarks to come out already. MSI and Asus are putting some serious weight behind Ryzen as well. MSI alone is making 20 Ryzen-based motherboard SKUs!
    Elitist >> mindless peon

I didn't know Jay built Terry a PC? I thought Terry had built a super expensive rig and that was the end of it.

Elitist >> mindless peon

zero_zep is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    yep, i'd replace my entire CPU/MB/RAM setup.
    hopefully coordinates with 1080ti launch

i get more stable WatchDogs2 and Mafia 3 performance on my PS4 pro than my 980ti
    Speaking of which, I have purchased a pro myself and feel like besides 60fps on everything the console world has really caught up. It's not like the last few years anymore where pc was head and shoulders above consoles. It's time for me to decide to upgrade the pc or not and I'm not so sure anymore. I almost feel like pro/scorpio will be so close, minus the fps, it feels like way too much over lap. Any opinions from anyone?

RM
    RM is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by zero_zep View Post

Speaking of which, I have purchased a pro myself and feel like besides 60fps on everything the console world has really caught up. It's not like the last few years anymore where pc was head and shoulders above consoles. It's time for me to decide to upgrade the pc or not and I'm not so sure anymore. I almost feel like pro/scorpio will be so close, minus the fps, it feels like way too much over lap. Any opinions from anyone?
    I agree. These new consoles do make an expensive PC upgrade hard to swallow if you've already comitted to them. But, the PC offering 60fps on everything with more control is just a different animal.

My backlog is the biggest thing holding me back from upgrading my PC, or buying a Pro. I've just got too much good stuff to play with the hardware I have.
    PS4 - Because Cronie