Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... Last>>

Default Final Fantasy IX coming to PSN?

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...x_psn_release/

PSN already has Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII, so a Final Fantasy IX release seemed inevitable. It looks like some first steps are being taken towards that end.

Over the past few days, Square Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto has been collecting opinions on Final Fantasy IX via the Square Enix Members Twitter. Earlier today, he wrote: "Thanks to everyone for your opinions on FF9. Regarding an FF9 download release, everyone is so passionate about it that I'll be proposing it at the next board meeting. Look forward to next week!"

If Hashimoto is really "proposing" the idea of an FFIX release at a coming board meeting, it may seem like a release is a ways off. But there is that "look forward to next week" line in there, so at the very least we can probably expect some news next week.

In other Square Enix Members Twitter tidbits, Hashimoto has been continuing to quiz staff members on their current projects. A Mr. Kanemori, presumably Versus XIII planning director Yuuchi Kanemori, writes: "Recently, I finished FF13 and am taking a breather. From here, I'll be putting my full strength behind FF Versus XIII."
    I own disc copies of all three of the PS1 games, and I've bought both of the games on PSN, but what I really want is FFIX because of my discs being all gnarly.

I am stoked. FFIX was such a good game, it's sad it was overlooked by many. FFIX is better than the game before it and the game after it.
    +32in Sanyo Vizon
    +: 24 (Now Playing: Various)
    +: 7 (Now Playing: )
    +PSP: 9 (Now playing: )
    +PSN/XBL: Radant128 (When you add me, lemme know you're from HDD)

Next games:
    :
    :
    PSP:
    Quote Originally Posted by BBM128 View Post
    I am stoked. FFIX was such a good game, it's sad it was overlooked by many. FFIX is better than the game before it and the game after it.
    You sir are crazy. FFX is probably the best FF game ever made. 9 Is meh I would put it above 8, 1, and currently 13(it may change if I play it for the 20+ hours before it becomes fun, but even if it turns out to become fun it never will rate in my top 3 since a game should take 20 hours to be fun). But that is about all it is better then.
    Waiting for the day when sales or graphics or reviews matter again.
    FFIX was such a good game, it's sad it was overlooked by many. FFIX is better than the game before it and the game after it.
    Lies. You, sir, are spreading lies.

"How long is this movie?"

"Who directed it?"

"David Lean"

"Three hours...at least."
    FF9 was medicore, Viva was cool. The monkey kid with the tail was a twat.

They should start incorporating trophies with these somehow like XBL's Gameroom. You don't get achievements in the games themselves but you get achievements "out of game" from there high scores etc.

I'm sure sony could mock something up for the ps1 classics like that. It'd make me much more interested in playing them again. And don't act like i'm the only whore here.
    XBL: Phil Collins117
    PSN ID: kickingtotalass
    www.kickingtotalass.com
    I survived Delusions of Grandeur '07
    Follow me on Twitter or Die
    Only Other Member of the I Have Two Three Demon's Souls Platinums Club
    Quote Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
    FF9 was medicore, Viva was cool. The monkey kid with the tail was a twat.

They should start incorporating trophies with these somehow like XBL's Gameroom. You don't get achievements in the games themselves but you get achievements "out of game" from there high scores etc.

I'm sure sony could mock something up for the ps1 classics like that. It'd make me much more interested in playing them again. And don't act like i'm the only whore here.
    The benefit I see from these is to be able to play them on one's PSP. $10 for a portable version of your PS1 classic is a good deal if you ask me. Adding trophies would not make me want to replay any PS 1 game on my PS3.
    Waiting for the day when sales or graphics or reviews matter again.
    You can make portable versions for the PSP for free.
    "How long is this movie?"

"Who directed it?"

"David Lean"

"Three hours...at least."
    9 sucked. easily the worst of the whole lot.
    I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-A to chimpanzee. No, you'll never make a monkey out of me!
    Blah, I loved FF9. It was a return to form, a more fantastical setting as opposed to the primarily futuristic stylization of FFVII and FFVIII.

I feel Zidane was also a refreshing change from the brooding angsty antagonists of FFVII and especially FFVIII. Zidane might have been a little too animated for many people's taste, but I liked his character. It just felt like a Final Fantasy of yore while also feeling like a new game, nonetheless. FFIX never really took the massive shit that FFVIII really did around discs two and three.

But hey, people are free to disagree, but I loved that game to death. I can't wait to have a copy that functions. I so want to play through it again.
    +32in Sanyo Vizon

Next games:
    :
    :
    PSP:
    Blah, I loved FF9. It was a return to form, a more fantastical setting as opposed to the primarily futuristic stylization of FFVII and FFVIII.

I feel Zidane was also a refreshing change from the brooding angsty antagonists of FFVII and especially FFVIII. Zidane might have been a little too animated for many people's taste, but I liked his character. It just felt like a Final Fantasy of yore while also feeling like a new game, nonetheless. FFIX never really took the massive shit that FFVIII really did around discs two and three.

But hey, people are free to disagree, but I loved that game to death. I can't wait to have a copy that functions. I so want to play through it again.
    I love 9 as well. I never bought the psn ones as I have the real ones in mint condition.

ff9 to me > ff7 and ff8

ffX probably tied with ff9 for me
    Xbox 360 GT: TRANSAMF4N
    PSN: allmotor
    I don't remember details about IX anymore. I do remember really liking it. I think I played it after X, which was rather a letdown, and I liked IX more. I recall enjoying the overworld, probably the best one in an FF to date, and the ending was nice for once. I think the battle system was super-simplistic. Wasn't it get-a-level-gain-a-skill, basically?

Anyway, this was a long time ago. But it was clearly an elite RPG.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), GBA SP
    PC: Intel i5 3570k, nVidia GTX 670 4GB, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 160GB, Dish ViP722 HD DVR
    TV: Sony XBR2 46" 1080p LCD
    FF9 was one of the worste FF there were. The overworld was interesting had good mini quests with the chocobo system. Red the lvling system was like a mix of star ocean and FF3 when you leveled you got slots basically (point values) that you filled with abilities you learned while killing monsters with specific gear. For a game series wich is largely valued for its characters and and story 9 was a letdown. Everyone other then Steiner and Vivi sucked.

Spoiler:
    I wouldn't of thought it possible to create a stupider ending then 8 with the whole oh no its a sorceress from the future twist but 9 did it with the crystal thingy.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    I don't remember details about IX anymore. I do remember really liking it. I think I played it after X, which was rather a letdown, and I liked IX more. I recall enjoying the overworld, probably the best one in an FF to date, and the ending was nice for once. I think the battle system was super-simplistic. Wasn't it get-a-level-gain-a-skill, basically?

Anyway, this was a long time ago. But it was clearly an elite RPG.
    How it worked was that abilities were learned via equipment. You can use skills you haven't learned yet as long as the appropriate item is equipped. Once you master said ability, you can move on from there and use the skill regardless.

Final Fantasy VI was the last game to use the "Gain a level, gain a skill" curve but as far as magic was concerned, it was limited and you were better off gaining said spells via Espers.

FFIX was filled to the brim with sidequests to do, but you had to want to branch off to look for them, the game would not alert you to their availability. By itself, it's already a 30 hour venture, but to go through and do every sidequest would probably push the game to around 80 to 90 hours. Perhaps even 100.

But you are right. It was a pretty great RPG.
    +32in Sanyo Vizon

Next games:
    :
    :
    PSP:
    How it worked was it sucked ass.
    fixed for accuracy.
    XBL: Phil Collins117
    PSN ID: kickingtotalass
    www.kickingtotalass.com
    I survived Delusions of Grandeur '07
    Follow me on Twitter or Die
    Only Other Member of the I Have Two Three Demon's Souls Platinums Club
    Quote Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
    fixed for accuracy.
    You fail. FFIX's ability system > FFVIII's ability system.
    +32in Sanyo Vizon

Next games:
    :
    :
    PSP:
    Lawlz, FFVIII > IX, X, XII, XIII
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club