Thread: Forza vs GT
05-07-2012 04:21 PM #21286
But then new news comes in
I said I hoped GT Academy would have it's final round be on a new track not in GT5 so that people that have played it a lot wont have an unfair advantage......Looks like PD thought the same thing.
A german magazine has let slip that the final round is going to take place on the Twin Ring Motegi circuit.....It's been in previous GT titles but was missing from GT5. I wonder if this is a possible sign of it also making an apearance as DLC for GT5 after the Academy finishes up.
05-07-2012 04:31 PM #21287
Weak News = thread life supportCurrently Playing: Uncharted 3, Zelda: Skyward Sword
Back Burner: LBP2, LA Noire
Just finished: Anno 2070 (PC)
Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS3
Gaming PC: I5 2500k, GTX 670, 8GB Gskill 1600 RAM, 64 GB Patriot SSD, Samsung BD Drive
05-07-2012 07:21 PM #21288
So..........no different than any other thread in smackdown right now
05-08-2012 03:40 AM #21289
Did cuco finally decide he was too good for this thread? You people murdered this innocent thread with your anger!Great quotes on the internet:
I hear Galaxy is brilliant, and it probably is. Just can't picture myself sitting down and playing it. That would take time away from watching the Disney Channel and working on my coloring book.Ryan Payton (MGS4 Associate Producer)
05-08-2012 05:00 AM #21290Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Athens, Greece
Sucky oval tracks suck.
05-08-2012 08:14 AM #21291
There is an oval there but they wont be using that for the academy final.
That screenshot is showing Turn 10 (ironically ) of the road course.
05-14-2012 07:55 AM #21292
Just a reminder for anybody that is taking part.......rounds 3 and 4 of the GT Academy unlocked today. Faster cars.....more complex tests
Interesting fact........the first GT academy had 25,000 entrants.........this year they just passed half a million entrants
(that's roughly 23 entrants for every post in this thread )
Last edited by DaveS1138; 05-14-2012 at 12:43 PM.
05-14-2012 10:19 AM #21293
05-14-2012 11:08 AM #21294
There have been 4 winners so far.....this year we will be getting another 4 winners since there are 4 different competitions running at the same time.
So 8 Gran Turismo players that have gone on to become real race car drivers.......or looking at it another way 8 more real race car drivers than Forza has produced
05-14-2012 12:00 PM #21295
05-14-2012 12:08 PM #21296
05-14-2012 02:28 PM #21297
05-18-2012 06:06 PM #21298
The 2011 GT Academy winner Jann Mardenborough won pole in the first race of round 2 of the British GT Championship at the Nurburgring GP circuit. He & his team mate were winning the race comfortably but had a drive through penalty because their pitstop was 0.5 secs too short so they ended up finishing 3rd. Awesome work though. This time last year he'd never raced a car IRL
Top Ten Provisional Qualifying Times:
1. Jann Mardenborough/Alex Buncombe RJN Motorsports Nissan GT-R 1:43.793
2. Andrew Howard/Jonny Adam Beechdean Motorsport Aston Martin V12 Vantage 1:44.340
3. Jody Firth/Riki Christodoulou Team WFR Ginetta G55 1:44.554
4. Danielle Perfetti/Michael Caine Motorbase Porsche 997 GT3 R 1:44.556
5. Alasdair McCaig/Oliver Bryant Ecurie Ecosse BMW Z4 1:45.122
6. Luke Hines/George Murrells Optimum Motorsport Ginetta G55 1:45.293
7. David Jones/Godfrey Jones Preci-Speak Mercedes AMG SLS 1:45.370
8. Charles Bateman/Matt Bell United Autosports Audi R8 LMS 1:45.487
9. Duncan Cameron/Matt Griffin MTECH Ferrari 458 1:45.513
10. Freddie Hetherington/Benji Hetherington JMH Automotive Nissan GT-R GT3 1:46.438
1. Andrew Howard/Jonny Adam Beechdean Motorsport Aston Martin V12 Vantage 34 laps 1:01:40.468 / 153.411 km/h
2. Danielle Perfetti/Michael Caine Motorbase Porsche 997 GT3 R +16.305
3. Jann Mardenborough/Alex Buncombe RJN Motorsports Nissan GT-R +3.459
4. Duncan Cameron/Matt Griffin MTECH Ferrari 458 +4.180
5. Alasdair McCaig/Oliver Bryant Ecurie Ecosse BMW Z4 +0.986
6. David Jones/Godfrey Jones Preci-Speak Mercedes AMG SLS +8.983
7. Marco Attard/Marcel Leipert Rhino’s Leipert Motorsport Lamborghini LP600+ +1.714
8. Jon Minshaw/Tim Harvey Trackspeed Porsche 997 GT3 R +2.630
9. Steve Tandy/Joe Osborne Trackspeed Porsche 997 GT3 R +2.441
10. David Ashburn/Richard Westbrook Trackspeed Porsche 997 GT3 R +1.983
His non GT Academy graduate team mate Alex Buncombe only managed to qualify them in 10th for the 2nd race which is tomorrow morning.
Edit: He got 5th in race 2.
Anyone know how the Forza drivers are getting on this weekend?
Last edited by viewsonic; 05-19-2012 at 08:18 AM.PSN, XBL, Steam & Origin ID: Redswipe
05-19-2012 09:13 PM #21299
You're not allowed to brag about GT Academy since apparently turning GT players into real race car drivers who win real world races and take real world pole positions isn't that big a deal.
Equally impressive the very first GT Academy winner is right at this moment racing in the 24 hour Nurburgring endurance on the same team as Yamauchi...... how freekin cool is that?
Live feed here for anybody that is interested.
I have been watching some of the live stream for the overnight sessions......man did PD nail driving on the Nurburgring at night....It's stunning just how close they got to the real thing.....I guess all those times Yamauchi took part in the real race weren't the waste of time some would have us believe huh?
Good times on the 2012 academy view..... I only just have you beat
05-19-2012 10:43 PM #21300
The GT Academy may be a form of marketing but at the same time it also shows that there is a strong correlation between the form of skill needed to make good times in GT5 and some important skill Nissan is looking for when selecting candidates.
Such an Academy isnt stupid enough to select race drivers with no potential, to spend money on their training and risk vehicle damages just for the sakes of GT marketing. Nissan is investing and is betting money on these racing events thus needs people with the best potential. Actual racing events are more dangerous and certainly not the same as driving your car to go to the grocery store