Go Back   High-Def Digest Forums > Games > Gaming Smackdown
Reload this Page Just got my console (and I assume my account) banned from Live for playing Halo 4.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last>>

Thumbs down Just got my console (and I assume my account) banned from Live for playing Halo 4.

Maybe old but search shows no threads about this??

I was searching for threads about LIVE customer service improvements and saw this thread on another site:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497472

Welp, guess that solves that whole argument. Fuck you, Microsoft.

I have a legitimately purchased game. It says there is no recourse on the main page.

Should I still try calling them tomorrow? I can obviously provide pictures of my game; no mod/downloaded bullshit, here:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8193/8...d6fa0d23_z.jpg
    To stir mens blood dreams must be vast or else they have no power.
    How do we know it was legitimately purchased? I didn't check the whole thread, did they ever show a receipt or anything?
    One thing they do now, I noticed, is they have these platform wars, like "Xbox is better than Playstation." That's nerdy to me. What the fuck is the matter with you?
    - Ice-T on video game fanboys.
    Guy says he doesn't have a receipt because the place he bought it from was going to wait till release day to make one so they wouldn't get in trouble.

I don't know about this one, it's plausible and it could be bullshit. Story isn't far fetched. But if he did buy it, it sucks about the banning.

Now is it banned from Live or just Halo 4?
    Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Correction:

This person got their console banned for playing Halo 4 before the street date. That's the risk you take when playing the game before its released.
    So, you're saying that if some uniformed gamer/Mom bought the game for their kid, without knowing that it wasn't released, that it's "their" fault? Really? It's on the store...not the purchaser. I've bought and played many games before launch. In fact, I have the original LBP disc. The one that was recalled. I had it a month before it actually ended up coming out.

No bans for this guy.

I'm just saying that if it's legitimately purchased, MS doesn't really have a right to ban the user. They have a right to fine the store...but the purchaser isn't to blame.

Now...if it was pirated that's a different issue.
    "How long is this movie?"

"Who directed it?"

"David Lean"

"Three hours...at least."
    Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    If I had to wager, I'd say just his console got banned.

That is how MS has dealt with cheaters and pirated games in the past.
    Picture shows a RETAIL Halo 4.
    So if I buy a RETAIL Xbox 360 game and decide to play it an hour or two before street date then it results in a ban??

So if the clueless store employee goofs on the street date by a few hours the buyer/purchaser of a RETAIL game gets a ban hammer??

If that were me then its camp out an entire week on BF in front of a Video game store giving interviews to any and all media outlets.

Banned for being a rules following good RETAIL consumer and not using easily pirated games on 360...........HELL NO!!!!!!

So the guy played the game a few hours early?? so what??
    How does this equal piracy??

Time to delete some Win 8 OS from some new laptops in favor of Xubuntu.
    Microsoft??....bah!
    To stir mens blood dreams must be vast or else they have no power.
    He's not saying it's "piracy." He's saying that's how they've dealt with it. Companies that do these things tend to make mistakes. Steam has done this a few times, and they try to correct it when they make a stupid mistake. MS I'm sure if given the right "proof" will undo the ban. I don't understand why they need a receipt. I think merely giving them the UPC should be enough.

"Who directed it?"

"David Lean"

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Blu View Post
    Picture shows a RETAIL Halo 4.
    So if I buy a RETAIL Xbox 360 game and decide to play it an hour or two before street date then it results in a ban??

So if the clueless store employee goofs on the street date by a few hours the buyer/purchaser of a RETAIL game gets a ban hammer??

If that were me then its camp out an entire week on BF in front of a Video game store giving interviews to any and all media outlets.

Banned for being a rules following good RETAIL consumer and not using easily pirated games on 360...........HELL NO!!!!!!

How does this equal piracy??

Time to delete some Win 8 OS from some new laptops in favor of Xubuntu.
    Microsoft??....bah!
    So you know for a fact that it is his copy of Halo 4 and not a buddies and you know for a fact that he didn't buy it after getting caught?
    I have 3 friends who all bought Halo 4 before launch and played it and they aren't banned. Every time I have seen a story like this, it always ends up with them being proven to have played a downloaded copy or on a modded console. They all plead innocence.'

Also, are you that hard up for some Anti-MS stuff that you are now importing threads from other sites here? Mad that the Tsunami still hasn't come and that your favorite company is quickly swirling down the toilet financially? Weak effort man, weak.
    Winner of the 2014 "coworkers are looking at me for apparently laughing at nothing" award.
    Quote Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
    Seriously, change your sig. My coworkers are looking at me for apparently laughing at nothing.
    Even a receipt could be his buddies. There really is no way of proving said copy is actually the users. Trust is just going to have to be given. As long as he has a way to show some proof.

"Who directed it?"

"David Lean"

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Even a receipt could be his buddies. There really is no way of proving said copy is actually the users. Trust is just going to have to be given. As long as he has a way to show some proof.
    Yeah. Something seems fishy though.

I suppose it's possible that he was banned by accident, but it doesn't seem to happen often so kind of weird,

There was a thread when Reach came out of people claiming they were banned for no reason. Bungie actually came into the thread and posted user by user what the infraction was and what time and everything and shut them all up. For pages and pages they denied any modding or cheating....then when the evidence was unleashed, they were suddenly quiet lol.

I also like this his evidence is a piece of paper with his name on it and the date of 10/26 but he didn't post it until 10/29. For what reason would you on the day you buy something take a pic of it with your name and date? As if you couldn't write any date at any time on it lol

Also, Rev "searching for threads on xbox live customer service improvements" WTF lol. You really are obsessed with MS.
    Winner of the 2014 "coworkers are looking at me for apparently laughing at nothing" award.
    Seriously, change your sig. My coworkers are looking at me for apparently laughing at nothing.
    I'm so let down by all of this. I thought it was actually Reverend Blu who had this happen to him.

All my joy entering this thread has been erased.

Have fun deleting Windows 8?
    Also, Rev you didn't mention this one important fact. Multiple users are now talking on there how Stinkles (a 343 employee) commented in the thread and hinted that the reason for the ban was piracy in the past on that account.

Here is the 343 employees quote

I'm on vacation, skeilington's case is VERY complicated and his own story didn't help him at all. As I am sure he would admit himself. The work we're doing to fix his case is outside of normal policy. I will send a reminder mail. He is still at the mercy of his own actions however, which again, while unfortunate, are not in any way normal or represntative of a typical case.

What's all this "few hours" bullshit? The dude started the thread talking about his banning a week before the game came out.
    One thing they do now, I noticed, is they have these platform wars, like "Xbox is better than Playstation." That's nerdy to me. What the fuck is the matter with you?
    - Ice-T on video game fanboys.
    I was searching for threads about LIVE customer service improvements
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, WiiU)
    ^ Ok that got me good.
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
    Lolzthreadz
    Currently Playing: Bioshock Infinite
    Next:
    Just finished: Infamous SS
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS3
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 770 4GB, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 256gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 64gb Patriot SSD