Page 1 of 1028 12311511015011001 ... LastLast
    Tejstar is offline Super Moderator

Default What did you watch last night?

I thought I would start a thread where we all can share what we watched last night, whether it is recommended or not, whether you'd watch it again and so on.

This can be about any films (including those just released), but will not include discussion about PQ and AQ of HD DVD's or BD's - please keep that discussion to the appropriate forums.

So come on guys 'n' gals - what did you watch last night and was it any good?

eNoize is online now The Professor

I just watched Volver last night. I've always enjoyed Almodóvar films, Talk to Her and Live Flesh being my personal favorites. I see his style of directing and writing as the next Fellini or Bergman with a little Hitchcock on the side. Volver is a really amazing movie! One might find it boring or uneventful if they don't understand the European style of filmmaking; but this is a beautiful picture about life in the mundane and how women handle those sometimes overly dramatic events in life, overly dramatic to the point of being a soap opera.

BTW, the picture was astounding on my A1! Anyone with an HD DVD player must watch this DVD just for its upscaling abilities. I was really blown away by the picture -- I almost thought I was watching an HD disc. I hope Canal+ in Spain releases this film soon on HD DVD, because I know I'll be the first to order.
    M. Enois Duarte
    High-Def Digest Contributor
    Hi-Def Collection
    Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
    we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael

The Bandit is offline Member

I keep a journal with what I'm watching and thoughts here --

http://2bq.livejournal.com/

The last week has been pretty productive for me, as I've been off work for Passover.

BostonMA is offline Member

i didnt watch any hd movies last night but i watched my latest hd purchase, the punisher on blu-ray last monday. and i watched the red sox last night, shit on the royals Dice K's pitching today, gonna be sick.

glocks out is offline Banned

I watched a documentary on the making of The Joshua Tree.

Darko is offline Member

I watched "Performance at the White House, Thelonius Monk... on PBS HD

Quote Originally Posted by The Bandit View Post

The last week has been pretty productive for me, as I've been off work for Passover.
    That's funny, I'm doing the same here. Spending the week not working, but catching up on movies. Just finished watching The Believer, which was interesting, and will watch Total Recall HD DVD tonight.
    M. Enois Duarte
    Hi-Def Collection

~ Pauline Kael

CPBuff22 is offline Member

Ok well I only realy want to do this once so here is my regular TV listing:

Monday: 24 and then directly over to WWE Raw

Tuesday: Usualy some thing on Discovery, A&E, or History... not a big TV Night for me

Wendsday: Bones, South Park

Thrusdays: TNA iMPACT

Fridays: I catch about an hour of WWE SmackDown after I get home from Basketball.

Saturday: If i watch TV its usualy Discovery, A&E, or History Channel

Sunday: Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad.

On any given night I may tune in to Cartoon Network to watch Futurama or Family Guy. Also NBA Basketball, Hockey, or Football when in season from time to time.

divian is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by eNoize View Post
    I just watched Volver last night. I've always enjoyed Almodóvar films, Talk to Her and Live Flesh being my personal favorites. I see his style of directing and writing as the next Fellini or Bergman with a little Hitchcock on the side. Volver is a really amazing movie! One might find it boring or uneventful if they don't understand the European style of filmmaking; but this is a beautiful picture about life in the mundane and how women handle those sometimes overly dramatic events in life, overly dramatic to the point of being a soap opera.

BTW, the picture was astounding on my A1! Anyone with an HD DVD player must watch this DVD just for its upscaling abilities. I was really blown away by the picture -- I almost thought I was watching an HD disc. I hope Canal+ in Spain releases this film soon on HD DVD, because I know I'll be the first to order.
    There are a lot of filmakers that have been inspired by Almodovar.
    One of the movies that I like a lot and reflects Almodovar is '' Amercican Beauty''

If you are interested about his movies you can always buy ''Viva Pedro - Pedro Almodovar Classics Collection ''

...but if you really want to get into his movies I would really suggest you to buy his very first movies. Most of them are very underground and also for some critics they are the best. Too bad they are not included in the box set.

Titles:

1-Pepi, Lucy Bom y otras chicas del monton.
    2-Laberinto de Pasiones
    3-Entre tinieblas
    4-What have I done to deserve this?

Kitsch at its best.

divian is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Bandit View Post

Wow I am impressed. You are really into great films.

Quote Originally Posted by divian View Post
    There are a lot of filmakers that have been inspired by Almodovar.
    One of the movies that I like a lot and reflects Almodovar is '' Amercican Beauty''

If you are interested about his movies you can always buy ''Viva Pedro - Pedro Almodovar Classics Collection ''
    I'm very familiar with his work and I know of the box collection. But unfortunately, I've been buying his movies on DVD for years now, so no point in buying a collection. The box set is also missing his early work and that's a real shame.
    M. Enois Duarte
    Hi-Def Collection

~ Pauline Kael

nelll is offline Member

Talking

South Park: Monday to Friday at 9:30 Miami Time.

I watched last night:

Mazinkaiser, Vol. 2: A Fire Blast From the Past!

and

Gundam Wing the Movie - Endless Waltz (Special Edition)

Why...... So......Serious?

Godstar is offline Member

Watched Gorillaz music special on InHD channel.
    The nerd is a tirelessly predictable creature whom the promise of boobies is like a bacon sandwich to a starving wolf. - Yahtzee
    List of My Games!
    Audio:
    Denon AVR4311CI+SVS 1646 PC Plus Subwoofer+Paradigm Monitor 9V5 x 2+
    Paradim CC-390+Paradigm ADP-370 x 2
    Video:Panasonic PT-AE2000U Projector
    Consoles:Wii+WiiU+Gamecube+PS3+360+DSi XLS & Lite+PSP*2+Dreamcast+Saturn+SNES+Genesis
    PSN/WiiU:Godstar/XBL:G0DSTAR --> with a zero.

mischa316 is offline Founding Member

Smile

I watched the Mets vs Cardinals on ESPN2 HD and on my premium base ball package on mlb.tv my husband and I watched Atlanta VS. Phillies. Wendsday night is usually baseball or movies!! I might watch Idenity tonight before my Yankees play the Devil Ray's so I will probably be watching that. Tomorrow night is trivia and free chicken wing night at a bar we usually go to. Saturday night is usually trivia night as well at the same bar. Sunday we just usually sleep!! Monday my Yankees again are playing on ESPN 2 against the Twins so that's what I will be doing that night!! Tuesday night is trivia night as well!!
    Xbox 360 & Playstation Network Gamer Tag mischa316
    Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD Player. HD DVD Disks 21.
    Magnavox Blu Ray Player & 80GB PS3 Blu Rays 30.
    42" Philips 1080i w/Ambilight Plasma TV.
    Philips FR 968 Receiver.

Godstar is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by mischa316 View Post
    I watched the Mets vs Cardinals on ESPN2 HD and on my premium base ball package on mlb.tv my husband and I watched Atlanta VS. Phillies. Wendsday night is usually baseball or movies!! I might watch Idenity tonight before my Yankees play the Devil Ray's so I will probably be watching that. Tomorrow night is trivia and free chicken wing night at a bar we usually go to. Saturday night is usually trivia night as well at the same bar. Sunday we just usually sleep!! Monday my Yankees again are playing on ESPN 2 against the Twins so that's what I will be doing that night!! Tuesday night is trivia night as well!!

You hate baseball or something?
    The nerd is a tirelessly predictable creature whom the promise of boobies is like a bacon sandwich to a starving wolf. - Yahtzee
    List of My Games!
    Audio:
    Denon AVR4311CI+SVS 1646 PC Plus Subwoofer+Paradigm Monitor 9V5 x 2+
    Paradim CC-390+Paradigm ADP-370 x 2
    Video:Panasonic PT-AE2000U Projector
    Consoles:Wii+WiiU+Gamecube+PS3+360+DSi XLS & Lite+PSP*2+Dreamcast+Saturn+SNES+Genesis
    PSN/WiiU:Godstar/XBL:G0DSTAR --> with a zero.