Page 970 of 1010 << First ... 470 870 920 960 968 969 970 971 972 980 ... Last>>
Results 14,536 to 14,550 of 15142
    Battleship - Not bad for a popcorn flick. Definitely won't win any awards but it was entertaining and sometimes that's exactly what you need. FX was great, LFE was awesome but story was full of holes.

However, I have come to the conclusion that Brooklyn Decker should be in every movie from now to the end of time.
    SHITFORMERS 3
    'A Good Day to Die Hard'. What a giant pile of crap that was. It's one of the ugliest photographed movies I've seen in quite sometime. Shaky-cam, lightning-fast edits, thick cyan and yellow filters, on and on. The whole visual aesthetic seems to be based off of the "looking through colored mud" thinking.

The entire movie is an incomprehensible mess. It's like they've completely forgotten what made the first two movies so damn good. It's all climax. There's no time to breathe. No time to actually understand what the bad guys are doing. Explosion, explosion, explosion, one-liner, end scene. Wash, rinse, repeat.
    I played hooky yesterday and watched Sunshine for the eleventy-billionth time. I still love it.
    = Salty Tarantula
    = SaltyTarantula

90% of people don't care about your problems and 10% are glad you have them.
    Watched Hobbit over the weekend. Damn good, really enjoyed the singing bits that were snatched from the cartoon series.
    The nerd is a tirelessly predictable creature whom the promise of boobies is like a bacon sandwich to a starving wolf. - Yahtzee
    List of My Games!
    Audio:
    Denon AVR4311CI+SVS 1646 PC Plus Subwoofer+Paradigm Monitor 9V5 x 2+
    Paradim CC-390+Paradigm ADP-370 x 2
    Video:Panasonic PT-AE2000U Projector
    Consoles:Wii+WiiU+Gamecube+PS3+360+DSi XLS & Lite+PSP*2+Dreamcast+Saturn+SNES+Genesis
    PSN/WiiU:Godstar/XBL:G0DSTAR --> with a zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
    'A Good Day to Die Hard'. What a giant pile of crap that was. It's one of the ugliest photographed movies I've seen in quite sometime. Shaky-cam, lightning-fast edits, thick cyan and yellow filters, on and on. The whole visual aesthetic seems to be based off of the "looking through colored mud" thinking.

The entire movie is an incomprehensible mess. It's like they've completely forgotten what made the first two movies so damn good. It's all climax. There's no time to breathe. No time to actually understand what the bad guys are doing. Explosion, explosion, explosion, one-liner, end scene. Wash, rinse, repeat.
    I was skeptical as soon as I saw the "Mother-Russia" poster.

Side Effects: Entertaining enough, but hopefully Soderbergh chooses to go out on a better film.
    A Bullet to the Head

Drogo was by far the best part. Stallone seemed to be sleep walking through it. Mr. Eko was okay. The Asian was okay. Kinda glad Tom Jane got fired from this now.
    Quote Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post

Saw it last night and agreed, it's horrible and lazy.
    Proud member of the BATMAN club and the CAT SQUAD... it's not what you think.

In memorium - Waggleton P. Tallylicker - Never Forget
    Aliens - been forever since I've seen it, good stuff.
    Proud member of the BATMAN club and the CAT SQUAD... it's not what you think.

In memorium - Waggleton P. Tallylicker - Never Forget
    North By Northwest. Liked it even better on the 2nd viewing. I got this one for free from this website. Don't remember what the deal was.
    final destination 5
    rise of planet of apes
    I watched the first half hour of Cobra for the first time. Based on a novel, the screenplay is by Stallone...which explains the wonderfully cheesey lines of his. Very 80s. I can't speak for the quality of the whole movie, but so far it's a fun watch. The picture quality isn't terrible, there is some nice detail in some shots, but there is no feeling of depth. I've seen worse (Miramax Jackie Chan movies).
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
    Aliens - been forever since I've seen it, good stuff.
    This, and Terminator 2, I can (and have) rewatched a crazy number of times.
    Silver Linings Playbook.

Excellent, an enjoyable Rom Com from start to finish, even if conventional towards the end. A good rom com needs to have sharp dialogue and great chemistry with the cast, and the movie delivered in spades.
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
    Jack the Giant Killer

Ugh, friends talked me into seeing it. It was terrible. Avoid at all costs. Yes, it is as bad as the trailers make it look.
    "How long is this movie?"

"Who directed it?"

"David Lean"

"Three hours...at least."