Attebery is offline Editor-in-Chief

Default 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuarón Talks Dolby ATMOS

'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuarón Talks Dolby ATMOS

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...y_ATMOS_/12783

HDuser30 is offline Member

"For some, that's going to be in IMAX 3D, which is showing 'Gravity' with a taller aspect ratio than other formats"

Michael I don't know what you meant here, the film doesn't have any other aspect ratio other than 2.35:1. I saw it at digital IMAX and it's still shown at widescreen with black bar on top and bottom of the screen. I thought Cuaron and his DP was going to open up the aspect ratio for the IMAX screen but they didn't.

with all this hype I was all set to go see it - then I heard it's from the Children of Men guy -- which also got praised to death -- hated it.

waiting to borrow this one from my good pal Cool2BeYou
    Fedex Courier

Palmer is offline HDD Contributer

Quote Originally Posted by HDuser30 View Post
    "For some, that's going to be in IMAX 3D, which is showing 'Gravity' with a taller aspect ratio than other formats"

Michael I don't know what you meant here, the film doesn't have any other aspect ratio other than 2.35:1. I saw it at digital IMAX and it's still shown at widescreen with black bar on top and bottom of the screen. I thought Cuaron and his DP was going to open up the aspect ratio for the IMAX screen but they didn't.
    You are correct, sir. I read conflicting reports, and called an IMAX cinema to verify, they said it wasn't 2.4:1. Said days when the theatres themselves don't know anything about their product. I've updated the article, and added a note at the bottom. Cheers.

HDuser30 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    You are correct, sir. I read conflicting reports, and called an IMAX cinema to verify, they said it wasn't 2.4:1. Said days when the theatres themselves don't know anything about their product. I've updated the article, and added a note at the bottom. Cheers.
    Yeah I thought maybe you found an IMAX theater that shows the film in another aspect ratio.

Dubstar is offline Member

Default Blu-ray audio specs 5.1 (?!)

.. and yet with the announcement - bluray back cover states:

DTS-HD MA 5.1 (huh?) - why oh why!!!! what happened to the core 7.1 mix ???