Page 9 of 9 << First ... 7 8 9
    I got it out of the closet and tried it and it played a few discs properly but last night a DVD got stuck and I can't figure out how to get it out. Hitting eject gets the tray to move forward about 1/8th of an inch. I have the top off and can't see any easy way, it looks like removing the cover from the drive, if possible is the way to proceed. I had hoped for a manual eject option on the drive.
    Yeah Chris, remove the top cover and the four small screws from the Disc transport.
    Then you'll have easy access to your stucked disc.

* You can also try to shake the player, and open the disc tray fully; but you can damage your DUO player doing so!
    But then, this DUO player ain't much of a player now!

And Samsung is a big joke! Without customer support they are NOTHING in this world we live in now!
    Bob
    There & Gone
    Life, Love & the Blues
    <<< 3DDD!!! Way to go Baby! >>>
    => Click Me!
    I got 'Lawrence of Arabia', 'LOTR EE' Trilogy, & 'Avatar 3D' (without the Panny TV).
    => Audyssey Setup Guide
    "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison
    => Audyssey FAQ
    Yes, I was able to get the disc out and listed it as is on eBay starting at $10 and it will hopefully go to somebody with the means to fix it. I want nothing further to do with it.
    Wow! Almost three months later; that disc must have been stuck real good indeed!

Yeah, too bad about Samsung; doesn't win any confidence from people like us who invested serious money into that player.
    * Their last firmware update was in June 2010 (almost a year and a half ago)!

There is a thread on that player over at AVS forum, and this is the most pathetic thread ever! It goes non-stop between firmware version 1.4 to 1.6; and like that since June 2010!

I think it's fair to say that Samsung in this case (as well in other cases) did a big disfavor to their customers!
    They are doing the exact opposite of what a Blu-ray player normally/absolutely requires!
    Without firmware updates, it is simply and totally useless!

I wish my voice would have a bigger impact.

I simply cannot recommend their Blu-ray players to anyone!

* But look also at Panasonic Blu-ray players! My DMP-BD55 stop playing Blu-ray discs a long time ago! And there are many many people in the same boat! And from several of their models! The BD30, BD35, BD50, BD55, BD60, BD85 are the main culprits. They are some of the most unreliable BD players around, and all because of their defective Blu-ray lens! ...They just don't last at all (from 6 months to 2 years max on average)!

OK, this thread is about the Samsung Duo BD-UP5000 HD player, and this player including Samsung its manufacturer, and their customer support is the disgrace of the electronics world!

But then, most of you guys here already knew that.
    Bob
    There & Gone
    Life, Love & the Blues
    <<< 3DDD!!! Way to go Baby! >>>
    => Click Me!
    I got 'Lawrence of Arabia', 'LOTR EE' Trilogy, & 'Avatar 3D' (without the Panny TV).
    => Audyssey Setup Guide
    "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison
    => Audyssey FAQ
    ^But you went and bought another Samsung BD player after supposedly throwing the 5000 out the window, yes?

I turned on Samsung and never looked back...until last week when I bought a pair of Samsung washer/dryer appliances.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordoftheRingsEE View Post
    Wow! Almost three months later; that disc must have been stuck real good indeed!
    I actually got the disc out some time ago but have been reluctant to put another disc in. With 20 minutes to go on the auction, it is at $10, guess everybody knows this model is junk. The freezing, stuttering and unreliable playback is the bigger issue.
    Has anyone noticed that Superman:The Movie HD-DVD no longer plays after updating to latest firmware?
    Sammy 56" DLP/46" LCD, BD-UP5000, Toshiba HD-A1/HD-A2, Dish ViP722k/ViP211k, Panny BD-60, ,
    Titles: 122 29 (http://trekker4life.dvdaf.com/owned/high-definition)
    Looks like Avengers won't play either.
    Sammy 56" DLP/46" LCD, BD-UP5000, Toshiba HD-A1/HD-A2, Dish ViP722k/ViP211k, Panny BD-60, ,
    Titles: 122 29 (http://trekker4life.dvdaf.com/owned/high-definition)
    Always good to see an update to this thread...

As I still own my player, I can't say the last time I used it...

Lego
    My collection of over 1880 BLU / Hd-DVD / dvd!
    http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Legobricke
    Just any FYI in case you were not aware...

Believe it or not, Samsung recently released a NEW version 1.7 firmware for the 5000!!

Fixes SKYFALL and MANY problem BD's after the 2010 1.6 Avatar "fix"

Awesome!!
    Titles:.... 320 FINAL count after downsizing ......: 100 and counting slowly.
    Newest: Sold off 40 or so.................................. ALIEN Anthology
    Players: Toshiba XA2 (x2), A2, XBox Add On, ....: Sony PS3, Samsung BD-UP5000 HD/BD Combo(x2)

SD Titles:....231 still buying exclusives......Newest: Babylon 5 Movies Collection + Seasons 1 - 5
    Where did you find it and how well does it work?
    My collection of over 1880 BLU / Hd-DVD / dvd!
    http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Legobricke
    Right at the support page at samsung.com

Just google Samsung BDUP5000 1.7 and you will see a link.

It works flipping great!

I can even put in the newer Avatar Combo 3D/2D bluray and it will play the 2D selection just fine! This is a Bluray which would only seem to play on a 3D player before. My Sony PS3 cannot even play this disc on a NON-3D display or projector. I mean I would not even be able to select the 2D option if the PS3 was connected to a normal HD display previously. Curiosly, the 5000 would still allow playing of the 2D option with the 1.6 previous firmware... BUT, yhe video would stutter. It was very apparent during the first helicopter scene. But on the 1.7 firmware, the 5000 can play the 3D Avatar disc! (In 2D mode I mean)

I only burn updates to disc on cdr, but samsung has apparently RE-ENABLED upates fir the 5000 via network connection.

I have not played around with it too much yet except to verify that former problem BD's now play perfectly! I will just flip out if Sammy also enabled more audio options!

Wishful thinking, i know!
    Titles:.... 320 FINAL count after downsizing ......: 100 and counting slowly.
    Newest: Sold off 40 or so.................................. ALIEN Anthology
    Players: Toshiba XA2 (x2), A2, XBox Add On, ....: Sony PS3, Samsung BD-UP5000 HD/BD Combo(x2)

SD Titles:....231 still buying exclusives......Newest: Babylon 5 Movies Collection + Seasons 1 - 5