Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Lee Stewart is offline Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Quote Originally Posted by two2tone View Post
    You need to quit overhyping this technology because I've seen demos and it's just like... ok... nothing special. However I will tell you what was special about it is that it did gave me a headache after viewing it for about 30 mins... what people dont know and told is that there is a potential health issue in the future... 3D tech is bogus IMO... I will not support 3D tech anytime soon *dizzy*

Here:

3D games damaging to eyes?
    3D TV Projects No Eye Damage

Scientists announced that the newly-released technology of three dimensional televisions is not harmful to the human visual system and poses no threats other than the ones, normally posed by the previously recognized television sets.

The health risks associated with watching a 3D TV is proved to be nothing, but hyperbole. Professor Colin Clifford of the Vision Centre and The University of Sydney said that it is unlikely that the 3D TV would have any effect on the human brain, as long as it is not watched for more than few hours every day. Children, pregnant women, and adults, who suffer from sleeping disorders, are recommended to lessen the hours they spend, being subjected to the 3D TV.

In case of children, extra safety measures should be taken to ensure the safety of their eyes and brains.

Professor Clifford also added, "In actual fact, two-dimensional TV creates more of a conflict for our visual system than 3D TV, because we have to interpret a 3D image out of a flat screen, whereas 3D TV is just giving us a 3D picture".

However, as a general advice for viewers who watch televisions of any sort, Professor Clifford advised to stay in a proper distance from the TV screen and to limit the hours one spends watching the TV
    http://www.today3d.com/search?update...&max-results=3

The reason why YOU get a headache while watching 3D? Your eye muscles are not in balance. You should visit an eye doctor and have an eye exam. You do not have Stereo Acute vision.

two2tone is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
    The reason why YOU get a headache while watching 3D? Your eye muscles are not in balance. You should visit an eye doctor and have an eye exam. You do not have Stereo Acute vision.
    My vision is fine thanks, but I can see that YOU need to see an eye doctor, because you seem too GET overhyped for overpaying this tech, which has been around for decades now. Thank you and be a sucker... see you @ the clinic

My vision is fine thanks, but I can see that YOU need to see an eye doctor, because you seem too GET overhyped for overpaying this tech, which has been around for decades now. Thank you and be a sucker... see you @ the clinic
    LOL! If your vision was fine - then you wouldn't be experiencing any headaches when viewing 3D.

MOST people - like you for instance - aren't even aware they have an eye issue because it only surfaces when they attempt to watch 3D.

But go right ahead and think you have perfect vision. It is obvious that you don't.

DENIAL is NOT a river in Africa.

two2tone is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
    LOL! If your vision was fine - then you wouldn't be experiencing any headaches when viewing 3D.

MOST people - like you for instance - aren't even aware they have an eye issue because it only surfaces when they attempt to watch 3D.

But go right ahead and think you have perfect vision. It is obvious that you don't.

DENIAL is NOT a river in Africa.
    http://gizmodo.com/5592956/is-3d-alr...yline=true&s=i

LOL @ 3D

Film executives scoff at notion of '3D fatigue'

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...0bba225cb0419f

LOL @ you!

vindrus is offline Member

Despite the fact that I actually got a 3D TV in November I would not say that 2010 was the year for 3D television. In my opinion the limited number of titles and prevalence of exclusive deals for most of what was available is a big factor in preventing it being the year for 3D.
    We are quickly approaching CES for 2011 and I presume a new "CES 2011 Discussion" sub-forum, I am sure that 3D television will still be a presence in 2011 and perhaps2011 will truly be the year for 3D.

Wayne Klein is offline Member

With the economy the way it is, I doubt that we'll see any widespread adoption for some time of the format. Add in the fact that many people are just now catching up with Blu-ray and you've got a situation where the many consumers are playing catch up. I know I'm not interested in having to wear glasses all the time to watch a 3D movie--event movies, yes, but how often would most folks watch 3D movies and bother with the glasses?

I hope they start making more 3D Blu-Rays as there are only a handful out right now. I'm currently considering buying a 3D TV but with the limited about of movies made for them I'm unsure right now if I should get one or not.

vinnie97 is offline Member

First, ask yourself if you're in the market for a new HDTV in the first place. Much of the tech that goes into 3D also helps to improve 2D PQ.

Arkadin is offline Member

weird, I thought it was just the opposite. (confused smiley)

ChrisMoreno is offline Member

It has been quite a time since the 3d technology was launched, but still the accessibility is pretty low. Samsung recently launched a tv which has a whopping price tag. Apart from the cinematic experience, the home based 3d tv's are not that popular.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345