Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last>>

Default JVC debuts its first Blu-ray player!

Hmmmm I wonder what the price point is?
    - Sick Sol
    -CSD607
    http://www.jvc.com/press/index.jsp?item=697&pageID=1

Looks like the MSRP is $299, so it's pretty cheap.
    Blu-ray Discs Owned: 237

Pioneer 60" Kuro 600M
    SVSound SVS-01 5.1 Surround Sound
    Onkyo SR-TX805 Receiver
    Sony PS3 Slim 120GB Console
    Microsoft Xbox 360 S 250GB Console
    Logitech Harmony 720 Universal Remote
    JVC typically makes some very good CE products... If I was still in the market for a BD-Live player I'd have my eye on this one.
    Toshiba 55" 55HT1U LCD (1080p@24fps) w/Tivo HD, Harmony 880
    HDM Players: Toshiba HD-A30, Samsung BD-P2500 (wow! reon!)
    Onkyo TX-605SR, F Polk Monitor 50s bi-amped, C CS1, Yamaha sur & sub
    X-Box 360, Wii, DreamCast, DS
    HDM Count - Hopless
    Wii: 0774-4826-1902, Disney: Guest13971, WB: crazzeto Uni: Locutus4657 Sony: crazzeto

*view pictures of my home theater and movies (out dated)
    Thinking about getting a stand alone player for the living room. As I use the ps3 in the game room. I will look into this.

I would not be surprised to see it cheaper then that when released.
    - Sick Sol
    -CSD607
    Quote Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
    JVC typically makes some very good CE products... If I was still in the market for a BD-Live player I'd have my eye on this one.
    They do? That's not been my experience. Their digital receivers were famous for overheating. The Vizio for $100 less looks like the better deal, at least Vizio's TV's have been reliable if not the best picture quality. Their blu-ray player should be reliable too.
    silly question,but is there a BD player that doesn't support AVCHD (home made) discs?
    50" Pioneer Elite Pro-111fd |Pioneer Elite 92 A/V R | Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grands | Vienna Acoustics Hadyn Grands | Vienna Acoustics Maestro Grand | Martin Logan Dynamo subwoofer | 60GB (launch) | XBOX 360 Elite (with HDDVD Add on) | Oppo BDP-80 | Harmony 900 | Pro-ject Turntable |
    JVC = not for me.
    What I Watch On:
    50" 1080p Pioneer Elite
    Yamaha RX-V1800 7.1 Receiver
    Klipsch Reference 82 Towers
    Klipsch Reference Center Channel
    Klipsch Reference Surrounds
    Klipsch Reference 10" Subwoofer
    Sony Playstation 3 60GB

LCD is our misfortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by SickSol View Post
    Thinking about getting a stand alone player for the living room. As I use the ps3 in the game room. I will look into this.

I would not be surprised to see it cheaper then that when released.

Yeah, I could see it selling for around $229 on amazon brand new.
    Blu-ray Discs Owned: 237

Pioneer 60" Kuro 600M
    SVSound SVS-01 5.1 Surround Sound
    Onkyo SR-TX805 Receiver
    Sony PS3 Slim 120GB Console
    Microsoft Xbox 360 S 250GB Console
    Logitech Harmony 720 Universal Remote
    Quote Originally Posted by iontyre View Post
    They do? That's not been my experience. Their digital receivers were famous for overheating. The Vizio for $100 less looks like the better deal, at least Vizio's TV's have been reliable if not the best picture quality. Their blu-ray player should be reliable too.
    i've had 2 JVC receivers and never had a single problem with them, their projectors and DLP TVs were widly accepted as being top notch. Even their value oriented LCD's provide a very good value for the dollar.
    Toshiba 55" 55HT1U LCD (1080p@24fps) w/Tivo HD, Harmony 880
    HDM Players: Toshiba HD-A30, Samsung BD-P2500 (wow! reon!)
    Onkyo TX-605SR, F Polk Monitor 50s bi-amped, C CS1, Yamaha sur & sub
    X-Box 360, Wii, DreamCast, DS
    HDM Count - Hopless
    Wii: 0774-4826-1902, Disney: Guest13971, WB: crazzeto Uni: Locutus4657 Sony: crazzeto

*view pictures of my home theater and movies (out dated)
    i might try their new BD player if and when i get another SA player. i've had good experiences with their stuff.
    "The Hutts are gangstas!"

flickr
    If memory serves they've had players out in Japan for quiet sometime. This is just the first one they have released in the US.

As for JVC products, they usually have good reviews. I agree their receivers are hot but considering they are the size of a dvd player that makes sense.

In regards to this player and all the other new vendors in the Blu arena, I would sit back and let someone else do the testing and reevaluate my thoughts on how well these new players are working say six months from now. While I'm sure the players will be fine my concern is how long it will take these new vendors to get a firmware update out as soon as another disc comes along that is poorly authored or for some reason that is incompatible and refusing to play.
    Video: 70" JVC HD-70G886, Denon 2807, Toshiba HD-A2, Toshiba BDX2000, aTV, SageTV
    Audio: Athena WS-100 (F), WS-60 (C,SL/R), WS-15 (SBL/R), AS-P4100
    The Nightman Cometh "You've got to pay the troll toll to get into this boy's hole. You've got to pay the troll toll to get in!"

Quote Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
    i've had 2 JVC receivers and never had a single problem with them, their projectors and DLP TVs were widly accepted as being top notch. Even their value oriented LCD's provide a very good value for the dollar.
    I concur, my Zero 10 Reference Speakers are still going strong. I think I'll take a look at the player when it arrives. I've always had a soft spot for JVC.
    Welcome to blu-ray!
    SONY 55HX800 3D HDTV
    PSN: The-Termin8tor- (make sure you add the dashes)
    XBL: THE TERMIN8TOR

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/De...THE TERMIN8T0R
    The JVC MP3/CD player head unit I had for 2 years (until I got a new car) served me well...it even had a USB port (that recognized flash drives at least as large at 16GB) with undocumented support for Ogg Vorbis.