Reply 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last>>
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1

    Default 2 ps3's in house can I


    Hello all new to site , what I need to know is how to link my players together so I can use the same network name and password or should this happen anyway thanks Will ..
  2. #2

    Default ps3


    Well you can't be logged in with the same PSN account on both at the same time. But you can use your same account on both just not at the same time. So you can get all the stuff you downloaded on both of them. On your new one when you go to sign in just click use an existing account and sign in with the same PSN info as you do on your other one.
  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,034
    Like the other guy said, I don't think you can be logged in at the same time.

    If you want to "share" any DLC or games you downloaded, simply log in on the other PS3 using the same PSN ID that bought the content and go to your DL list and download again. I don't think you can share downloadable PS3 games like Warhawk, Socom, and Burnout Paradise. You can share content like the extra maps for Warhawk (I've done this) and I'm not sure, but you may be able to share the PS1 games or PSN arcade games.

    I also have 2 PS3's and I created a separate PSN account for my other PS3. If you're interested in playing LAN games, you need to have both PS3's connected to the same router or use a special cable (can't remember what it's called) to connect them directly since a standard ethernet cable will not work. (yes this is different from the xbox 360. You can connect two xbox 360's with a standard ethernet cable and LAN games will work, but for some odd reason Sony had to make it more difficult.)
  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManShow View Post
    Like the other guy said, I don't think you can be logged in at the same time.

    If you want to "share" any DLC or games you downloaded, simply log in on the other PS3 using the same PSN ID that bought the content and go to your DL list and download again. I don't think you can share downloadable PS3 games like Warhawk, Socom, and Burnout Paradise. You can share content like the extra maps for Warhawk (I've done this) and I'm not sure, but you may be able to share the PS1 games or PSN arcade games.

    I also have 2 PS3's and I created a separate PSN account for my other PS3. If you're interested in playing LAN games, you need to have both PS3's connected to the same router or use a special cable (can't remember what it's called) to connect them directly since a standard ethernet cable will not work. (yes this is different from the xbox 360. You can connect two xbox 360's with a standard ethernet cable and LAN games will work, but for some odd reason Sony had to make it more difficult.)
    The special cable is called a crossover cable. The same thing is needed if you want to connect 2 PCs without a router, for instance. Basically, the send and receive wires cross over to different pins on the connector.

    No idea about how the 360 does it.
    Vizio M3D460SR 3D LED
    PS3 slim 320GB, Samsung BDP-1600, Onkyo TX-NR609
    70+ (7 are 3D)
    Netflix streaming (now in 3D), Amazon Prime

    BD-live-- Disney: HDDjcc WB: jcc Uni: jcc1960
  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jcc View Post
    No idea about how the 360 does it.
    Software I would imagine. You can emulate crossover cables with most decent/newer network cards.

    Also, it's not so much that Sony is being difficult, it's just MS going the extra mile. I imagine a firmware update could probably fix this, I just don't see the demand for it.
    My Setup
    : Jakebonz
    : Jakebonz
    : 380
    Member of the I Have Two Three Demon's Souls Platinums Club
    The Boletarian Badass
  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebonz View Post
    Software I would imagine. You can emulate crossover cables with most decent/newer network cards.

    Also, it's not so much that Sony is being difficult, it's just MS going the extra mile. I imagine a firmware update could probably fix this, I just don't see the demand for it.
    yeah, with online capabilities and routers in homes becoming more common, the demand isn't there. PS3 LAN games over a router work great though. I should rephrase my previous statement... Sony doesn't make it as convenient as MS.
  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    600
    Can the PS3 be connected to one another via an Ethernet cable to play a game on coop., each player in its own console/screen?

    Like the X360 does with the Halos, GoW, etc.?

    What games support it?
    for - 247 movies / 8 concerts / some TV shows...
    for - 9 movies
    Also gaming on PS4 & Wii U!
    Sony 46" EdgeLED HDTV ~ Looking forward to a 3D projector upgrade
    Onkyo TX-SR606 w/ Elemental Designs front speakers & sub + Polk rears
  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Lugo View Post
    Can the PS3 be connected to one another via an Ethernet cable to play a game on coop., each player in its own console/screen?

    Like the X360 does with the Halos, GoW, etc.?

    What games support it?
    See posts above. You need a "cross over" cable to connect two PS3's since a standard ethernet won't work.

    I have no idea what PS3 games support local co-op. Off the top of my head, you could look into Call of Duty: WAW, Resistance 2, Mercenaries 2, and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. All of those games have online co-op... so it's possible some of them might support local co-op.
  9. #9
    You know, those little 5 port Linksys switches are about $25. Plug that thing into an Internet connection and you can both hop online "locally."

    There is also the option of buying a crossover converter, which turns any regular cat5 cable into a crossover cable. They're about $3
    My Setup
    : Jakebonz
    : Jakebonz
    : 380
    Member of the I Have Two Three Demon's Souls Platinums Club
    The Boletarian Badass
  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Posts
    685
    If you have a wireless network you can do it provided you have a different username on each PS3. Then you add the user name to the friend list. I've done it with "Army of Two." It worked great!
    My Theater:
    Panasonic AE4000U Projector, 100" Elite Screen, Onkyo TX-SR606 Reciever, Klipsch Synergy F1 Towers, C1 Center speaker with B1 bookshelf Surrounds, 2 Boston Acoustics 12" Subs, 1 KLH 10" sub behind my chair (don't knock it till you try it!)
    Sony PS3 60g, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung BD-UP5000, Sony 400 disc BDP-CX960 Blu-Ray changer
  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManShow View Post
    See posts above. You need a "cross over" cable to connect two PS3's since a standard ethernet won't work.
    so is it possible at all to connect 2 ps3s with the crossover cable so that you can play with more than 1 person on each console. for example COD4 2 vs 2 on 2 differant ps3s and tvs?
  12. #12
    Monoprice has crossover cables...
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/se...ssover%20cable
    3' = $0.77
    7' = $1.19
    14' = $1.70
    25' = $2.97
    50' = $6.20
    100' = $10.99



    You can get a adapter to put on a regular cat5e cable for $2.47
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
  13. #13
    I have 2 PS3's... Here's a list of facts I've found...

    1. You can't login as the same user on each at the same time... You CAN, however, at different times.
    2. You can download most of the < $20 games from the store to both of your PS3's using the same login.
    3. You MUST have a different account to download movies to your second PS3... Each username is "married" to a single PS3 for movies. I found this out the hard way... I payed for a movie on my bedroom PS3, only to get a message telling me it can only be played on my other PS3 when I tried to play it.


    Other Notes: I havn't really tried any LAN play, per say, but I have done some internet play using both consoles with different logins.... works fine. Only problem is that you need two discs - The trick I used to do on PC's of loading up the game on one box, then moving the disk to the other and loading up doesn't work. I'm not likely to buy two copies of the same game just so I can multiplay with my son in the house. Too expensive.
  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen11 View Post
    so is it possible at all to connect 2 ps3s with the crossover cable so that you can play with more than 1 person on each console. for example COD4 2 vs 2 on 2 differant ps3s and tvs?
    Very few games support splitscreen LAN games. COD4 does not support splitscreen LAN... it's either 2 versus 2 on one TV or 1 versus 1 on two TV's. Warhawk is the only game that supports splitscreen LAN on the PS3 as far as I know.

    There was an update to the PS3 version of Unreal Tournament 3 so it has splitscreen... not sure if it can do LAN splitscreen games though.
  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Falls Church, Virginia
    Posts
    23,596
    Quote Originally Posted by javajake View Post
    3. You MUST have a different account to download movies to your second PS3... Each username is "married" to a single PS3 for movies. I found this out the hard way... I payed for a movie on my bedroom PS3, only to get a message telling me it can only be played on my other PS3 when I tried to play it.
    Actually, that's not completley true. You can download movies to both PS3's using the same account. However, only one PS3 can be 'active'. You do this buy going into your account information and choosing which PS3 you would like active, and it gives you the list of PS3's you've longed on with.

    Just a helpfull FYI.
    The nerd is a tirelessly predictable creature whom the promise of boobies is like a bacon sandwich to a starving wolf. - Yahtzee
    List of My Games!
    Audio:
    Denon AVR4311CI+SVS 1646 PC Plus Subwoofer+Paradigm Monitor 9V5 x 2+
    Paradim CC-390+Paradigm ADP-370 x 2
    Video:Panasonic PT-AE2000U Projector
    Consoles:Wii+WiiU+Gamecube+PS3+360+DSi XLS & Lite+PSP*2+Dreamcast+Saturn+SNES+Genesis
    PSN/WiiU:Godstar/XBL:G0DSTAR --> with a zero.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts