Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last>>

Default How can I play HD mkv file on the PS3?

I have a HD mkv file but how can I watch it on the PS3? I want it to stay in High-Definition.
    Xbox 360
    PS3 160GB & PS3 Slim 250GB
    Wii
    Wii U
    PS Vita

Default Tversity

This might not be the answer your looking for but you might want to look into Tversity. It is a program that you can use to stream photos, music and video to your PS3. Do a google search for PS3 AVI TVERSITY and you'll find a lot of guides on how to set it up. I typically copy any videos I want to play to the PS3 first before playing since the wireless connection can be slow and cause the video to stutter. You also need a fast PC to do live transcoding.
    They don't work. I have a bunch of these and they come up as DATA CORRUPTED. I think once video codecs are finalized that they *may* play on the PS3. Would be nice though! Remember, you would need some sort of CCCP Codec pack or Defiler pack for the PS3.
    the only way will work is to demux the mkv file and then remux into an mp4 container.

This can be done using mkvextract to demux and then use YAMB to remux everthing into the mp4 container. Do a search for mkv to mp4 for more information.
    Just buy the movies, gawd.
    Westinghouse 32" LCD HDTV (32w6)
    Logitech Z-5500 5.1/Sony MDR-V300 Headphones
    PS3 60GB (4 Games, 20 )
    I hav mkvs working fine on my 360 after a 15 min conversion process similar the one posted above. I just got a ps3, so ill see if the sam thing works.
    I tried using ps3video9, I gave up when it takes more than one day to process the file.

Default video converting

ive found on google try searching ( super s converter ) and look for SUPER CONVERTER-papajohns archive it is afreeware converter and it allows you to convert an mkv file ( AND MANY OTHERS )to a ps3 format. ive done this with transformers mkv file and it worked fine on the ps3 hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by venk View Post
    I hav mkvs working fine on my 360 after a 15 min conversion process similar the one posted above. I just got a ps3, so ill see if the sam thing works.
    How do you do this?
    Proud Member of the DC Fanboy Club
    i thought ps3 plays mkv files now
    i use mkv2vob, it works great, and the conversion process doesnt take too long
    Keep Moving Forward!

I'm a lead farmer motherf***er!

Congratulations President Obama!
    Quote Originally Posted by sunstar715 View Post
    i use mkv2vob, it works great, and the conversion process doesnt take too long
    yes, mkv2vob is your best option. if the file is a 720p rip, there is no transcoding at all, very fast, with no quality loss, just repackages the file as a .vob, then burn a data disc, and the ps3 can read it no problem.

TV: Sony 40" KDL-40XBR4
    Blu Player: PS3 60gb
    HD Player: Toshiba HD-A30
    Blu-ray Discs: 45
    HD-DVD Discs: 4
    DVD Discs: : 200+
    I use mkv2vob but convert to avi. Sometimes for unknown reasons, I get conversion errors, but if it converts it plays on the PS3 no issue. I do this all the time for episodes of Entourage, Weeds, 30 Rock, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectdark View Post
    i thought ps3 plays mkv files now
    Not yet. DivX 7 will use Matroska as a container format. Assuming the PS3 gets updated to DivX 7 when it's released, it will support mkv files then.
    When is DivX 7 going to be released?
    Where ever you go, there you are.

Oppo BD-83
    Denon 3808CI AVR