Default bought i am legend from best buy, NO DISC INSIDE!?

So I was sort of excited to purchase I Am Legend, as it was the first Warner title Ion which 've opted for the Blu-Ray Disc over the HD DVD. I wondered if maybe watching it, the way the disc was presented, etc., would capture that magic feeling I always felt putting in an HD DVD that I don't feel when I play a Blu-Ray Disc.

But when I got home from work, conveniently just after Best Buy closed, I opened the disc in the parking lot of my complex, and, lo and behold, there was no disc inside. I was stunned and then began to think of the trouble I will most likely face tomorrow morning when I return to the store to exchange it. Luckily I used my Best Buy card (the only reason I will ever buy an HD disc from that place again with prices what they are) and they can see that I've got a pretty regular track record with them. I swear to god though, I better get my replacement, or there'll be hell to pay.
    Sometimes life is impossible, like that one level with the thorns and shit.
    That really blows. Someone really dropped the ball there. I wish you the best of luck, and hope that they don't hassle you.

Bad situation, all in all. I've never had that happen to me before.
    Samsung BD-P1600
    Toshiba HD-A2
    Sony 52" Bravia XBR4
    Yamaha RX-V659 (5.1)

--- In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns.
    Let us know how you get on, that is far more common than it should be.
    BLU HD DEFENDER is offline formerly HD DVD DEFENDER & RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER
    best buy is usually pretty good about replacing it when this happens.
    411 and rising as of November 22 2008 http://www.dvdspot.com/member=BLU+HD+DEFENDER
    as of Nov 22nd, all sales by me include signature confirmation upon delivery
    Samsung BD-P 1500(firmware upated to profile 2.0 )
    DLP 1080p Projector
    miss you dad 3-13-2008
    My friend had the same thing happen to him awhile back.
    Damn dude...that sucks. Best of luck
    Proud Member of the DC Fanboy Club
    I was browsing our BDs the other day and noticed a copy of Sharkwater was missing it's disc. We reported it as shrink but it wasn't. It had to have been shipped to us that way. It wasn't shrink wrapped, but there was a price tag on the case itself. The price tag is always on the shrink wrap.

Best of luck to ya though. Hopefully they just swap it out.
    TV: Samsung LNS4092D
    AVR: Yamaha RX-V463
    Speakers: Klipsch Quintet SL Series
    Subwoofer: Klipsch Sub-12
    Player: PS3
    : 200
    : TheRescue
    A friend of mine bought a PS3 game at best buy. No disc inside-- and the shrink wrap was generic. Brought it to best buy and got a new one no problem-- hopefully, you won't get any trouble
    = theatrain59
    Geez, that really sucks. Let us know how things go after you've been back to Best Buy.
    That sucks, I would have went off. They should also give you gas money for the trip, gas ain't cheap these days.
    "You come to fight a madman, and instead find a god?

Consoles
    2 Premium Xbox 360 consoles - 38 games
    2 HD DVD add ons - 101 HD DVDs
    80 gig PS3 - 6 games - 84 Blu-rays
    52'' Sony Bravia, 37'' Dell LCD tv and 23'' Dell LCD
    yeah, gas was $3.93 a gallon. anyway, they exchanged it, no questions asked. she said it happens sometimes.
    Sometimes life is impossible, like that one level with the thorns and shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by nusilver View Post
    yeah, gas was $3.93 a gallon. anyway, they exchanged it, no questions asked. she said it happens sometimes.
    Good to hear
    Samsung BD-P1600
    Toshiba HD-A2
    Sony 52" Bravia XBR4
    Yamaha RX-V659 (5.1)

--- In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns.
    So I was sort of excited to purchase I Am Legend, as it was the first Warner title Ion which 've opted for the Blu-Ray Disc over the HD DVD. I wondered if maybe watching it, the way the disc was presented, etc., would capture that magic feeling I always felt putting in an HD DVD that I don't feel when I play a Blu-Ray Disc.

But when I got home from work, conveniently just after Best Buy closed, I opened the disc in the parking lot of my complex, and, lo and behold, there was no disc inside. I was stunned and then began to think of the trouble I will most likely face tomorrow morning when I return to the store to exchange it. Luckily I used my Best Buy card (the only reason I will ever buy an HD disc from that place again with prices what they are) and they can see that I've got a pretty regular track record with them. I swear to god though, I better get my replacement, or there'll be hell to pay.
    That's precisely one of the reasons I gently shake the case whenever I'm browsing. If I can't hear anything inside (which has never happened before), then I know something's wrong. In any case, I'm glad things worked out for you. I know I wouldn't have been the least bit happy. It even blows that you had to go all the way back. I hate going back. I want what I want the first time I go; if I have to go back, it means all the time I spent there and on the trip to and from was a waste of time.
    ~~~~~~~ From the Blu skies above ~~~~~~~

PS3 60GB
    72" Toshiba DLP
    Blu-ray Discs owned - 85
    That happened for me once from Amazon with Alpha Dog, sealed and empty. They sent a new one though.
    Westinghouse 42" 1080P LCD + Onkyo 705 + Popcorn Hour C-200 w/ LG BD + X360 Elite + HD DVD + DS + Wii

Blu-rays: 53
    HD DVDs: 11
    HD MKVs: 194
    I had a couple of similar situations happen to me. I bought a game from a store that kept an empty display on the shelf and the actually games behind the counter in a glass case. I got home and realized that they put the display case in my bag instead of the retail copy. Another time I bought a copy of a new NHL game and got home to open the sealed case and find an NBA game in it.
    I know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

TV: SONY KDL-40XBR4
    Blu-ray: 160GB PS3 (60GB model)