Page 573 of 574 FirstFirst ... 73473523563571572573574 LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 8597
    cupboy is online now Member

The Accountant UHD -- first time I've seen this movie -- an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10

Worth a Look? HA HA HA

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

2 Fast, 2 Furious [UK Import.] PQ/AQ were both pretty good.
    Average movie for a series that has somehow made it to 8 movies now! Not sure why why but ok.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Men in Black 3
    AQ PQ were both around a 4/5 IMO.
    I can't believe I didn't see this one. When I watched MIIB (Men in Black 2) months ago I thought it was quite a stinker. A sequel to a stinker could only be worse right?! Anyway, no, this one was well made and kept me interested the whole way. I kind of doubt we would ever see a MIB 4 as Will Smith's ego would demand more money than any major studio would pay for a franchise movie.

SilentBob is offline Member

TEEN TITANS: THE JUDAS CONTRACT 3/5
    PQ: 4/5
    AQ: 4/5

Well it wasnt a stinker but it was no where near as fun as the previous Teen Titans outting and epecially Dark Justice League. Now i'm also not familiar with the storyline from the much heralded comic run this came from either, but nothing seemed too surprising for where the roads lead certain characters. I was disappointed by the lack of storyline given to Raven after the events of the last movie (which really was her movie, but come on) I wish they could of dealt a bit with the previous movie while addressing the events of this one. We got hints and then forgotten really. The picture quality was overall good, but noticed some colour banding in a few scenes (especially near the final battle) I also wish they could tighten the lip sync to the characters just a bit more as well, but more a nitpick than anything. The audio served the movie, but thought it lacked some of the atmospheric chaos im use too. The rear channels didnt seem too active, but the subwoofer was put to good use. So for fans only recommendation, and stay to the end fo the credits for a hint of where they might be going next. I have no idea, but some fanboy might know.
    DVD/HD-DVD/BLU-RAY/UHD COLLECTION
    HOME THEATRE EQUIP:

JVC X950 4K e-Shift 3D Proj w. 106" screen
    Marantz sr7010 Dolby Atmos/DTS:X 5.2.4

GAME SYSTEMS: PS3, PS4, WiiU, XBOX ONE, SWITCH

Fast & the Furious - Tokyo Drift [UK Import]

Never watched this one before. Never realized our two best known stars were not in it. Also no actual heists or major crimes going on here. Let's call it the ugly duckling of the franchise?
    Anyway, PQ was on par for a movie from that year and the sound was well done.

SilentBob is offline Member

THE WALK (3D) 4.5/5
    PQ: 4.5/5
    3D: 4.5/5
    AQ: 4/5

Took me long enough to watch my copy but i'm glad i did. I really enjoyed the movie and the desire of this man's dream to walk the cable between the Twin Towers. I know they dramatized a few elements but a huge chunk of it was real and have proof of actual event too. JGL i thought did a great job and was worthy of a few acolades for his performance. I thought the disc was overall pretty good too, video was clean but a little soft looking to set the era of the film. The audio i didn't think was anything too special but for once i didn't need to consistantly adjust the audio so i could hear what the hell they were saying (although the subtitles might of helped) As for the 3D, it was good and then stunning when we see him looking down from the wire in the end. Great sense of depth, with a few cool pop outs here and there. Maybe I've been spoiled by other recent 3D presentations t garner the film a higher 3D score, but it must be seen for sure with his final act. Plus i think that was one great and simply powerful ways to end a movie
    DVD/HD-DVD/BLU-RAY/UHD COLLECTION
    HOME THEATRE EQUIP:

JVC X950 4K e-Shift 3D Proj w. 106" screen
    Marantz sr7010 Dolby Atmos/DTS:X 5.2.4

GAME SYSTEMS: PS3, PS4, WiiU, XBOX ONE, SWITCH

Pride Prejudice And Zomibies 4k UHD. Wasn't liking it much and then the power went out about half way through it. Then the next day played it again from the beginning and now I like it for some odd reason. Sound quality is excellent. One of the 2 free UHDs from the Sony X800 offer.

Quote Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
    Pride Prejudice And Zomibies 4k UHD. Wasn't liking it much and then the power went out about half way through it.
    Up this way we have the worst power outages. The ones that shut off for 2-3 seconds. Either way I have a fairly good sized back ups installed. Remember what often times damages your gear are the small blips in power or that spike when the power comes back on.

Logan Noir - I thought it was a pretty good movie, and in black and white the violence isn't as cartoony.

monty is offline Member

Just finished THE UNFORGIVEN on 4K UHD blu ray. What a stunningly beautiful transfer viewing on my LG OLED. I have had this film on Laserdisc, DVD and blu ray and this new 4K restoration is the best it will ever look!! Hoping Warner releases more catalog titles on 4K UHD and do their own restoration and not out-source like they did for Goodfellas. Because they can do wonders themselves on their catalog releases and The Unforgiven is proof of that.

Fast & Furious 5
    Now this seems to be the turning point where they still use fast cars but it becomes a lot more about heists. Pretty enjoyable. AQ & PQ were quite good too.

For Your Eyes Only. What crappy picture quality this has, and the sound is rather bland also. The movie is excellent though. Woops, where did the post button go, it's under some goofy ad.

John Wick 4k UHD. Excellent picture quality on this one, sound pretty good too. First time I've seen the movie.

Bolo is offline Member

'Female Prisoner Scorpion'

I remembered enjoying some of this 70's outlaw series and wanted to revisit it, so I bought the box set from Arrow. The films were far better than I remembered. I remembered the first two being good and the second two not so much, but this time I liked all of them, with the fourth one being the weakest. The first three were directed by Shunya Ito, who employs great style in telling the stories. He uses unconventional camera angles, extreme lighting schemes, and elaborate scene transitions that make the films really enjoyable to watch. The fourth one is directed by Yasuharu Hasebe, who is competent but far more conventional is his style. Meiko Kaji is a solid lead, who carries the films with her intense glare while frequently saying fewer than five lines over the course of each film.

This box set received negative reviews for its presentation and I would have to agree. The picture quality is not terribly good. I remember the films looking pretty murky when I rented them on DVD, the remastering has given them a high contrast look with deep saturation of a blue and yellow colour scheme. In my opnion this look is not inappropriate for the films (it reminds me a bit of Argneto's style), and I actually like it but can see why other don't. However, there is a lot of noise and lack of detail in many shots. The sound was okay, fairly clean sounding but nothing special. I've purchased other Arrow releases of 70's Japanese grindhouse films and they're frequently like this. They don't get the kinds of results Criterion gets, but when it comes to these types of films I am not that fussy about having them look pristine.

Boston007 is online now Member

Logan - great flick and blu ray