Page 572 of 575 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572573574 ... LastLast
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 8619

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens.
    "Have a Good Time, All the Time." - Viv Savage, This Is Spinal Tap.

SilentBob is offline Member

DOCTOR STRANGE 3D 3.5/5

PQ: 4.5/5
    AQ: 4.5/5
    3D: 4.5/5

Many compared it to Tony Stark and his venture into the world of superheroes and I overall agree. An arrogant Doctor on top of the world has it all taken away and must fix himself to become a better man. Ok, not exactly but they are both arrogant SOBs. The movie I found had a slow journey into the art of mystic realm of power, but once he has almost mastered it. The action picks ups and so does the pace of the movie. Visually this thing is stunning from the VFX and to the amazing 3D depth/layers presented here. Wish we had more pop outs but the depth still worked great, especially because it would open up for a good portion of these scenes to an IMAX 1.90:1 ratio. Big boost in clarity and pop to the image because of it. I know Jungle Book looked great and won the Oscar for VFX, but this should of won hands down. It was like watching Inception but to extreme with a psychedelic drug added for your viewing pleasure. The audio was overall great with plenty of surround mix action, deep bass throughout but again the vocals seemed a bit low for my liking. Either way it is a nice edition to the Marvel universe, but try to watch it in 3D. It's not a ploy, it actually works wonders for the creative multiverse worlds it inhabits.
    DVD/HD-DVD/BLU-RAY/UHD COLLECTION
    HOME THEATRE EQUIP:

JVC X950 4K e-Shift 3D Proj w. 106" screen
    Marantz sr7010 Dolby Atmos/DTS:X 5.2.4

GAME SYSTEMS: PS3, PS4, WiiU, XBOX ONE, SWITCH

Wild - The movie was alright. I thought it would have been better if it would have shown more of the hiking and less of the flashback back story, but that is more of a personal preference. I thought hiking the Pacific Crest Trail was the more interesting part of the story and it was only a quarter of the movie, at most.

Boston007 is offline Member

Doctor Strange- I really liked it

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Fast & The Furious (original one) (UK import - 1-7 movies)
    Been awhile since I've seen this film. First time ever watched on Blu Ray. If I had to insert a complaint anywhere it would be that the 2 rear channels were too loud. The music kicked in during a few scenes I had to lower the volume a bit. Then the dialog was hard to hear.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Fast & The Furious (original one) (UK import - 1-7 movies)
    Been awhile since I've seen this film. First time ever watched on Blu Ray. If I had to insert a complaint anywhere it would be that the 2 rear channels were too loud. The music kicked in during a few scenes I had to lower the volume a bit. Then the dialog was hard to hear.
    Those movies are not made to listen to their dialog

cupboy is online now Member

Zombie Strippers. For some odd reason I thought there were two versions of the movie on the disk. I didn't see the option to choose this time. Maybe just some defective brain cells. Badges?

Rich86 is online now Member

"Passengers" - 2016 - enjoyed it, love all sci-fi & I could watch Jennifer Lawrence read a phone book and probably enjoy it.
    "Forsaken" - a western including the 1st time father & son Sutherlands are acting together in the same film. And it is a terrific movie!
    Sony BDP-S1000ES + Toshiba HD-A35
    Sony 1080p LED/LCD + Yamaha RX-V3900 + M&K Speakers & Subs

Quote Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
    "Passengers" - 2016 - enjoyed it, love all sci-fi & I could watch Jennifer Lawrence read a phone book and probably enjoy it.
    "Forsaken" - a western including the 1st time father & son Sutherlands are acting together in the same film. And it is a terrific movie!
    I want to see Passengers, when is this site going to do a review or will they?

I happen apon "Brewster's Millions" yesterday. It has been a long while since I had last watched this, it is a fun movie that has a good 80s feel.

Quote Originally Posted by themisfit138 View Post
    I happen apon "Brewster's Millions" yesterday. It has been a long while since I had last watched this, it is a fun movie that has a good 80s feel.
    I held this on in my hands today as well, at $7.50 I probably will get it soon. A few places over from it is the Hindenburg movie.

I held this on in my hands today as well, at $7.50 I probably will get it soon. A few places over from it is the Hindenburg movie.
    The 70s one with George C.Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by themisfit138 View Post
    The 70s one with George C.Scott?
    Yes... It's $9.96 though. If your store is laid out the same Brewster's Millions is in the top row, towards the center. In the same section about 3 rows down to the right of the section.

Yes... It's $9.96 though. If your store is laid out the same Brewster's Millions is in the top row, towards the center. In the same section about 3 rows down to the right of the section.
    Yeah it was laid out the same, I went back today and picked it up, also.

Bolo is online now Member

'Glengarry Glen Ross'

I hadn't seen this one in forever, and it just came out on blu ray a little while back, so I picked it up and I'm glad I did. It's a great movie. The film uses its cast very well. Pacino's acting was at its loudest during this period, but the movie wisely never lets him dominate the show. It's a great ensemble piece that holds its steam with sharp macho dialogue.

The presentation is good. It looks and sounds as good as I expect from a movie of this era.