Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Apparently this title is not playing properly on all Blu-ray players. From AVS:

The BD-P1000 - can be finicky, some have stuttering
    BD-P1200 - get a screen saying to update firmware, will not play
    LG BH100 - reports that it doesn't work

Seems to be OK on the following:

Pioneer - ok
    Sony - ok
    Panny - ok
    BD-P1400-ok
    Visit MidnightWatcher's Blogspot or follow my NEWS feed on Twitter.

kcmurphy88 is offline Member

Gotta love that extra DRM. Too bad Fox was more concerned with "pirates" than with their customers. Or maybe they don't see the difference.

Wonder how long Fox allows their discs to be played over component...

jvs33 is offline Member

Default about BH100

with the last firmware bh100 load the disc but the menu doesn`t work properly and the movie get a sound problem, and after that, video completely out of sinc,and this repeat until the last scene.I hope this LG new firmware comes quicly

sorry for english errors,ým brazilian

Pimboli is offline Member

I have to say for Samsung to say the firmware update will be a 'couple of weeks' is pathetic to say the least if LG can do it in a few days.

At least the format is young enough that early adopters are expcting these bugs but can you imagine J6P being told he wont be able to see his movie for 'a few weeks' having just bought it. Id flip if it was me.

I think this whole BD+ lark is a complete sham especially if its only for Fox. Disney have far more money to lose than Fox from pirates and they dont seem too interested in it.

nelll is offline Member

I do not know what I am going to do. I almost got a Samsy BD player for $399.00 at Sears. I am going to wait until fox can get it right.
    Why...... So......Serious?

Wouldn't it seem like Fox would have tested these disks in all the players before they released the movie. It is not that difficult being that there are only a handful of players out there.
    Toshiba 50HM66 50"
    Xbox 360 + HD DVD
    PS3
    Samsung BD-P1000
    Toshiba HD A30
    Xbox

Yeah dfficult situation, I hope it all works out. Shame you can't watch these movies on your $1000 players. One of my friends has the 1000 and is having problems.

polyh3dron is offline Banned

My guess is that these are the same problems that delayed Master and Commander, but Fox didn't want to delay even more titles.

FF2 works fine on my PS3 and I didn't experience any long loading times.

Legobricke is offline Founding Member

Amazing that after a year there are still these issues and with the release of newer players on the horizon, it make one wonder how long these issues will continue...

Nothing like buying a player and having to wait a few weeks to play a newly bought disc....

This format will never take off if every time someone buys a flick and only to find out that there are issues...

lego
    My collection of over 1880 BLU / Hd-DVD / dvd!
    http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Legobricke

Big J is offline Member

Apparently, these discs also have issues with the Sony S300.
    I cant post a link yet.

After being around for a year now, there is no excuse for this kind of sloppiness.
    J

vektsilver is offline Member

it funny how i got slagged saying there might have been some truth to the reported rumor of a delay on this disc.

I thought if there was a delay initially and they took the delay off due to perceptions, it was probably because there was some buggy stuff about the disc they wanted to correct. Sounds like Fox rushed it out the door just to have it on shelves to say "No there is no problem its fine, no need to look over here keep moving along"

whether the issue is a result of Fox's inability to grasp the format correctly or it being something in the Sony production of the disc, remains to be seen. However this does put a blemish on the Studio and the format. I'd imagine the most upset are going to be the companies that make those BR players as it makes them look bad.

JamesS is offline Member

It's no different than DVD's growing pains...but the ability to update via downloadable firmware is a great asset that we didn't have a decade ago.

That said, it's inexcusable for Fox at the moment. What are there ten or twelve BD current and discontinued players right now? It shouldn't be that hard to pop a disc into each and every one of them to make sure they work. What's it going to be like three years down the line when player models number in the hundreds?

bodin is offline Member

just wait until the interactivity of 1.1 comes, i would be surprised if old players play those without any trouble

nexpos is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by bodin View Post
    just wait until the interactivity of 1.1 comes, i would be surprised if old players play those without any trouble
    I think the HD DVD fans are all over this because it makes them feel better in retrospect about the 2 month loading time of the earlier HD DVD players.

Ahhh Toshiba. Still will never understand how all of a sudden their disc players excite people.

Strahan92 is offline Member

Default You HD DVD fan boys are ridiculous!

High Definition media whether it's Blu-ray or HD DVD have had teething issues! Combo playback, BD-Java loading time etc. The Blu-ray players that have had no problems w/loading times are the BDP-1400, Playstation 3 (2 of the newer Blu-ray players). Pretty sure the 1st generation, & some 2nd generation players have had problems w/new advanced Blu-ray discs or HD DVD's.

AND YES I AM AN EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY SUPPORTER BUT I WILL NEVER MAKE POSTS BASHING RIVAL FORMATS!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast