Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NJScorpio is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    Actually, the first Fast was the best one, IMO.

E is right, they were trying to do too much and establish too much in this one movie for the universe.
    I think the first F&F was a very basic, solid, surprisingly well acted high school date night movie. It was good, but I don't think anyone seriously thought it was "franchise building" good at the time. In contrast, I think most of us ended 'John Wick' immediately wanting to see more of that world.

Plissken99 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
    Regarding the humor, there were quite a few moments of lame Tom Cruise dialog that made me laugh. Still, one line really, REALLY hurt enjoyment for me...
    Spoiler:
    When Tom says to the Mummy, 'It's not me, it's you." First of all, that reversal of "it's not you, it's me" is more played out than "take my wife, please!". Second, that is ONLY any kind of burn when the person you are speaking to has heard the original phrasing before. Otherwise, it is literally just a statement of fact. Clearly, it is not him, it is her, that is the issue. The joke did not work at all, and it was at a very important moment, so it highlighted how terrible it was. It's like if John McClane's 'Die Hard' quote was "Don't have a cow, man!"
    Or how about the chick encouraging Cruise to fisticuff fight a Mummy? You can tell, because she actually fucking imitates fisticuffs.
    Last edited by Plissken99; 09-13-2017 at 05:07 PM.

cupboy is offline Member

Is the Best Buy exclusive a digibook?
    Can anyone confirm?
    Looks like it but I didn't buy one so can't say for sure. It has the usual indentation on the left side of the front cover and is hard so it sure seems to be a digibook. I have some pictures.

Boston007 is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
    Looks like it but I didn't buy one so can't say for sure. It has the usual indentation on the left side of the front cover and is hard so it sure seems to be a digibook. I have some pictures.
    Yes that's a digibook thanks! I want it LOL

NJScorpio is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
    Or how about the chick encouraging Cruise to fisticup fight a Mummy? You can tell, because she actually fucking imitates fisticups.
    Haha, yes, that seemed incredibly stupid for someone who studied this field her whole life. It reminded me of the open scene of Way of the Gun.

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Yes that's a digibook thanks! I want it LOL
    If only it were 4K combo as well, I would be all over it.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Dr Kain is offline Member

This movie could have been a lot worse. For as bad as it is, it isn't anywhere near as bad as Covenant, Underworld Bloodwars, Resident Evil The Final Chapter, Death Note, Ghost in the Shell, The Bye Bye Man, Rings, or King Arthur.

The biggest problem this thing had was Tom Cruise was devoid of any personality and it spent more time trying to set up the sequels than being a movie about a mummy. This felt like it was the 5th movie in a franchise.

hiFiHigh is offline Member

It'll easily be a blind buy for me - Cruise fan and a big fan of this genre' so yeah...not a big decision here.

Dr Kain is offline Member

I hope IT's box office success shows Universal that the Dark Universe can be done as horror movies over action ones. All it takes is good writing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12