Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mattedscreen is offline HDD Reviewer / Movie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    Yah I was pretty happy with the first season of Defenders so maybe they can improve on him.

And for the love of God they better stop using the friggin Hand in the show. Give us some good villains.
    I don't really mind The Hand as the villains in command, but whenever I hear the name spoken aloud I instantly go back to Ninja Turtles with The Foot - because they're a parody of The Hand and it makes me laugh and want to read my original run turtles comics again.
    Need something fun &/OR funny? Watch This!

dianebrat is online now Member

and tres suprise, I feel Jessica Jones is the strongest of the Marvel street-level shows, with Luke Cage second (but right behind JJ), Daredevil third, and Iron Fist way down at dead last, Defenders is off in its own category.

JJ does a fantastic job at being a very strong show and showing you just how broken emotionally she really is, if you haven't been there or known someone who was it might not resonate the same, in fact most of the first season is her growth from being broken and regaining her emotional strength, that strength then pays off in The Defenders where she's clearly grown from JJ S01.

On the BD front I'm very disappointed in the lack of any bonus features and the downgrade to BD from the 4K that I can watch streaming.

Plissken99 is offline Member

I actually just made myself finish Iron Fist so I could watch The Defenders. The writing on that show was atrocious, at first I thought it was Finn, however he'd actually grown on me by the end. Finn's brother and sister (in particular) continue not believing him for waaaaay longer than any reasonable person would. The first few episodes are stalled by his family BS.

Alison Jones was also a slow start, but it came together better in the end. Luke Cage was fun, but a bit laborious to get through. Daredevil is the real masterpiece of these shows.

Btw I wouldn't buy ANY of these. UHD rereleases at some point are guaranteed, the artwork screams "placeholder"!

dianebrat is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
    I actually just made myself finish Iron Fist so I could watch The Defenders. The writing on that show was atrocious, at first I thought it was Finn, however he'd actually grown on me by the end. Finn's brother and sister (in particular) continue not believing him for waaaaay longer than any reasonable person would. The first few episodes are stalled by his family BS.
    Those weren't Finn's brother and sister, they were the children of his Father's best friend and business partner (the not quite dead guy)

I also slogged through Iron Fist before The Defenders just to make sure I was up to date and while it was the weakest of their series, it added enough value to Defenders for me to feel it wasn't a total waste of my time. I also really liked how Defenders dealt with Danny Rand by having him be the annoying frat boy bro of the family.

Plissken99 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
    Those weren't Finn's brother and sister, they were the children of his Father's best friend and business partner (the not quite dead guy)
    Right my bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12