Boston007 is offline Member

Default Your Arrow blu ray MUST OWNS

Not sure if this is the right forum for this post but those who own many Arrow blu rays, what would you say are your must own Arrow blu rays?

Thanks!

Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

Donnie Darko & Re-Animator.
    I like their thick format special editions.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

mattedscreen is offline HDD Reviewer / Movie Fan

My favorites so far have been:
    Re-Animator
    Bride of Re-Animator
    Hellraiser Trilogy
    Hills Have Eyes

All have been massive improvements over any previous release.
    Need something fun &/OR funny? Watch This!

Thanks guys!

Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

I still want to buy "The Stuff" but that's a standard meh, so-so quality release. It's an upgrade to previous versions and I suspect that Arrow is not to blame here, it's the source material.

The Thing
    promises to be a great release but it is UK only. Unconfirmed yet but it's supposedly going to be region free.
    I am thrilled at my copy of The Bird With The Crystal Plumage too! These last 2 though are once again the fat packs they release.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    I still want to buy "The Stuff" but that's a standard meh, so-so quality release. It's an upgrade to previous versions and I suspect that Arrow is not to blame here, it's the source material.

The Thing
    promises to be a great release but it is UK only. Unconfirmed yet but it's supposedly going to be region free.
    I am thrilled at my copy of The Bird With The Crystal Plumage too! These last 2 though are once again the fat packs they release.
    Glad I got Bird as well!

Bolo is online now Member

I've bought a lot of their releases. The presentation quality is very hit and miss. When it comes to yakuza movies, it's more miss than hit. Criterion does wonders with comparable Japanese releases (like 'Lady Snowblood' and the 'Zatoichi' series), so I know better results are possible. I'm glad to have these movies on blu ray, but I can understand why their Japanese releases get criticized for their quality.

Their European and American titles usually fare much better, but they are still not always the best I've seen. My local cinema recently did a giallo fest showing what I'm pretty sure were Arrow's releases of several giallo titles. They looked and sounded good, but I've seen better results of comparable films released by Synapse.

I intend to buy their release of 'Dillinger' at some point. I quite like that film.

mattedscreen is offline HDD Reviewer / Movie Fan

For their transfer quality and presentation value considering the titles they get, I put them somewhere between Criterion and Shout/Scream Factory - depending on the title. Their release of The Thing is really exciting because they're doing a 4K scan from the negative - but as I understand from their various FB posts the release is Region B - whether or not its locked that way remains to be seen. The second pressing of their UK release of Shivers (another great one BTW) said it was Region B but proved to be Region Free.
    Need something fun &/OR funny? Watch This!

Quote Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
    For their transfer quality and presentation value considering the titles they get, I put them somewhere between Criterion and Shout/Scream Factory - depending on the title. Their release of The Thing is really exciting because they're doing a 4K scan from the negative - but as I understand from their various FB posts the release is Region B - whether or not its locked that way remains to be seen. The second pressing of their UK release of Shivers (another great one BTW) said it was Region B but proved to be Region Free.
    I have my Oppo player which can play other region blu rays so I am ok. It still stinks they lock them down to certain regions.

I'd like to add RONIN. Arrow did an awesome job this this release. The video is awesome!

Are you guys going to be reviewing it or no?