Palmer is offline Administrator

Default Baywatch - HDD Review

Worth a look for anyone looking for a raunchy comedy set on a beautiful beach with scantily clad men and women.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/47612/baywatch.html

Bryan is offline Founding Member

I have to admit that this movie was more fun than it should have been. I get why critics trashed it, but I'm kind of surprised it didn't find an audience in theaters. Of course, I'd also probably watch Alexandra Daddario read the phone book, so my opinion may be a little biased ...
    Oppo UDP-203
    Samsung UBD-K8500
    LG 55EF9500
    Pioneer Elite SC-95
    UltraHD Blu-Rays: 53
    Blu-Rays: Stopped counting after 300
    HD DVDs: 75

Boston007 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I have to admit that this movie was more fun than it should have been. I get why critics trashed it, but I'm kind of surprised it didn't find an audience in theaters. Of course, I'd also probably watch Alexandra Daddario read the phone book, so my opinion may be a little biased ...
    I was like puppy eyes with her in San Andreas.

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Lol, every time I see the title of this movie I am thinking it is a documentary about Michael Bay.
    Baywatch without The Hoff and Pam Anderson just doesn't seem right!
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

onaccountof is offline Member

Absolutely horrible movie....I guess if you want to be one of the people sucked in because of all the "pretty people" in the movie, you can just stare at them thru the mundane, non-funny story...all others: not worth the "watch"

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Lol, every time I see the title of this movie I am thinking it is a documentary about Michael Bay.
    Baywatch without The Hoff and Pam Anderson just doesn't seem right!
    Technically, The Hoff IS in this

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    Technically, The Hoff IS in this
    Hoff Cameo ??
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Csm101 is offline Member

I Redboxed this last night. It was pretty awful. I don't think I even chuckled once. I agree that Daddario and the other hot blond lifeguard lady were the only ones holding my interest. It seems like these new raunchy comedies think that dick jokes are the only way to get a laugh. The Chips movie was actually better than this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Csm101 View Post
    I Redboxed this last night. It was pretty awful. I don't think I even chuckled once. I agree that Daddario and the other hot blond lifeguard lady were the only ones holding my interest. It seems like these new raunchy comedies think that dick jokes are the only way to get a laugh. The Chips movie was actually better than this one.
    Maybe that's what the Transformers/FastAndFurious fans enjoy these days. Hollywood is pretty pathetic.

Definitely will be passing on this one.

Bolo is online now Member

I gave this a rent and wish I hadn't. I wasn't expecting anything better than that tongue-in-cheek 'Charlie's Angels' movie they did a few years back; something like that would've been good enough. But this was a really bad movie.

It almost feels like they made a fairly faithful update of the old show, then realized that that wasn't entertaining enough to be a modern movie and so then they went back crammed a bunch of over the top comedy in it. Honestly, if you told me everything involving that unfunny flabby guy was edited in through reshoots, I would believe you.

There were long stretches where it didn't feel like they were even trying to be funny, like they were making an action movie. So many of the "dramatic" moments were done almost completely straight. Then all of a sudden it would switch to desperate attempts at really over the top comedy, which were usually just lame raunchy cussy stuff. If they'd just gone with a pure 'Naked Gun' style spoof on 'Baywatch', that probably would've been better. This was just a confused movie that isn't good at anything.