Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Companies think it is okay to make a mockery out of Japanese films/TV series because "it is cool."
    Michael Winslow on the Police Academy movies is a perfect example of said mockery. When he tries to be the kung fu master he does the skit with the bad dub.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Bolo is offline Member

I finally got around to watching this one and it's pretty bloody brilliant.

I'm used to disaster/kaiju movies approaching the human plotlines the same way, this was really refreshing and more along the lines of the original film in which experts work together to solve the problem instead of a family melodrama with buildings getting knocked over in the background.

I was very impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    More power to you. I hate dubs. It looks like the audio is out of synch when I watch them. Plus, bad dubs are the reason American audiences will not take these films seriously. Companies think it is okay to make a mockery out of Japanese films/TV series because "it is cool." That is why we have yet to have any official releases in the US for the Kamen Rider or Metal Hero series. Hell, look how long it took just to get Sentai.
    I agree with you almost 100%...the one exception for acceptable dubbing is Iron Chef.
    PSN, XBL, CFN, twitch, facebook, twitter, instagram: Opinionhaver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12