Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mattedscreen is online now HDD Reviewer / Movie Fan

Default Divergent Series 3-Film Collection coming October 10

Need something fun &/OR funny? Watch This!

Dr Kain is offline Member

This is kind of pointless without the ending.

Josh Z is offline HDD Blogmaster General

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    This is kind of pointless without the ending.
    I would argue that the series is pointless regardless.
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

There were three of these films!?!

Boston007 is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by themisfit138 View Post
    There were three of these films!?!
    yes. There were 3 books but they split the last book into 2 movies because they thought they could make more money like previous films have done (Hunger Games and Harry Potter)

But it bit them in the ass because these movies are junk

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    yes. There were 3 books but they split the last book into 2 movies because they thought they could make more money like previous films have done (Hunger Games and Harry Potter)

But it bit them in the ass because these movies are junk
    It really bit them in the ass when the third movie bombed, so the studio canned the expected fourth movie, leaving the story unfinished.

They're currently planning to wrap it up as a TV series on Starz, without Shailene Woodley. Even those plans are in some doubt.
    Josh Z
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
    It really bit them in the ass when the third movie bombed, so the studio canned the expected fourth movie, leaving the story unfinished.

They're currently planning to wrap it up as a TV series on Starz, without Shailene Woodley. Even those plans are in some doubt.
    Not even a straight to video

And how can you not have Shailene Woodley? Awful

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

So just like tv series then it might be hard to adopt a movie series as they might fail to finish it? Bomb or not, you don't leave people hanging at 75% done!
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

dianebrat is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    So just like tv series then it might be hard to adopt a movie series as they might fail to finish it? Bomb or not, you don't leave people hanging at 75% done!
    Apparently this movie series proves you do
    I'll admit it, I enjoyed the first 2 enough that I bought the UHD set of the 3 at Walmart for like $25 and I thought that was suitable and the UHD and ATMOS presentation is better than average but not spectacular.

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Quote Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
    Apparently this movie series proves you do
    I'll admit it, I enjoyed the first 2 enough that I bought the UHD set of the 3 at Walmart for like $25 and I thought that was suitable and the UHD and ATMOS presentation is better than average but not spectacular.
    Everyone that bought these movies, some in both formats should demand Liongate/Summit issue refunds if they do not conclude the rest of the story. WTH were they thinking splitting the last one, then leaving people high and dry?
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Not even a straight to video

And how can you not have Shailene Woodley? Awful
    Woodley's contract only required her to be in feature films. When they asked her to be in the TV show, she said, "Uhh, no thank you."

Did you see the trailer for the third movie? She couldn't even disguise how bored she was.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    WTH were they thinking splitting the last one, then leaving people high and dry?
    Well, they were thinking that the movies would continue to make lots of money, like the first two did. The audience had other ideas and stopped going.
    Josh Z

Dr Kain is offline Member

They should have just ended the third movie with the wooden main girl's death. At least it would have been some sort of ending.

Although, the actress is a total snob. She should be thankful the series even casted her talentless ass as if it weren't for these movies, she would have to sell her body off a street corner to those who are desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Although, the actress is a total snob. She should be thankful the series even casted her talentless ass as if it weren't for these movies, she would have to sell her body off a street corner to those who are desperate.
    Shailene Woodley is a fine actress when given good material that she gives a shit about. She was excellent in The Descendants. I think with this series, she just fell into the trap of taking the job for the big paycheck, expecting it to open up her career and allow her to do better things. But then when she actually got stuck in the cycle of churning out these movies year after year, standing in front of green-screens staring at nothing and pretending that the franchise's utterly stupid plot made any sense, she stopped caring about any of it very quickly.

Watching the second and third movie grow progressively worse (when even the first one wasn't particularly good to start with), and being locked into a contract that requires you to keep making more of them, is the kind of thing that can easily break a person's spirit. I can't blame her for taking the first opportunity to bail.
    Josh Z

Woodley's contract only required her to be in feature films. When they asked her to be in the TV show, she said, "Uhh, no thank you."

Did you see the trailer for the third movie? She couldn't even disguise how bored she was.
    Didn't see there trailer, Ill have to youtube it

Didn't see there trailer, Ill have to youtube it
    I'll save you the three minutes. This look says it all.

Josh Z

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast