mattedscreen is online now HDD Reviewer / Movie Fan

Default Alien: 6 Film Collection Coming August 15

Currently this set is only available for pre-order through Target and Best Buy

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4892...ollection.html
    Need something fun &/OR funny? Watch This!

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Assuming they do not make two more movies then this is a nice complete set. How many of us though do not own copies of the others already?
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Dr Kain is offline Member

But there's only TWO Alien movies?

Pugheaven is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Assuming they do not make two more movies then this is a nice complete set. How many of us though do not own copies of the others already?
    Thta's the problem, we already own them all, I'm just waiting on 4k versions of them all individually

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    But there's only TWO Alien movies?
    Only two good movies. For some reason I enjoy Resurrection, but there is not much to like about 3.

Boston007 is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by themisfit138 View Post
    Only two good movies. For some reason I enjoy Resurrection, but there is not much to like about 3.
    I actually liked BOTH of those
    I would gladly watch them again over Prometheus day in and day out.

I defended Prometheus long and hard because - while imperfect - it felt like it left the franchise room to breathe and explore and go someplace. Alien Covenantisn't where I hoped things would go.

Dr Kain is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
    I defended Prometheus long and hard because - while imperfect - it felt like it left the franchise room to breathe and explore and go someplace. Alien Covenantisn't where I hoped things would go.
    Which makes all of the times I defended Prometheus moot. Covenant spat all over those who liked Prometheus and gave us the middle finger. Scott clearly cares more about pandering to the lowest denominator audience rather than those who actually enjoyed the new mythology he was setting up. This is also why a movie being made just for a sequel to exist is utter bullshit. I can never watch Prometheus again thanks to that travesty of an Alien movie.

Resurrection may be a piece of trash, but at least it is a full story and you don't need to watch 4 other sequels to understand it.

Which makes all of the times I defended Prometheus moot. Covenant spat all over those who liked Prometheus and gave us the middle finger. Scott clearly cares more about pandering to the lowest denominator audience rather than those who actually enjoyed the new mythology he was setting up. This is also why a movie being made just for a sequel to exist is utter bullshit. I can never watch Prometheus again thanks to that travesty of an Alien movie.

Resurrection may be a piece of trash, but at least it is a full story and you don't need to watch 4 other sequels to understand it.
    Resurrection also features what I call a cast of proto-Firefly characters which can be fun. You can kinda see where Joss was going to go eventually with the show.

Josh Z is offline HDD Blogmaster General

Quote Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
    Resurrection also features what I call a cast of proto-Firefly characters which can be fun. You can kinda see where Joss was going to go eventually with the show.
    Whedon was very disappointed with the way Resurrection turned out, so he basically took all of his ideas from the original script and made a TV show out of them. (Which is pretty much the same thing he did with Buffy.)
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

Boston007 is online now Member

THIS is exactly correct and it's been pandemic throughout many industries throughout the US and has been going on for years.