Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Default Yet another possible Amazon Dispute / Disney / Customers Lose

Well, from the looks of it Amazon is in dispute with Disney this time. Many titles can not be preordered or are simply not listed anywhere on there. Amazon is not going to win any ground when trying to fight the house of the mouse.

For 1/31, so far, MISSING from Amazon are:
    Queen of Katwe
    Bolt

And cannot pre-order:
    Fox & The Hound
    Lilo & Stitch
    Pinocchio Signature Edition

It should be noted that those titles are listed on Best Buy's site.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

dianebrat is offline Member

Almost all are just repackaging as far as I can see, aren't they? I'm not seeing new content.

Quote Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
    Almost all are just repackaging as far as I can see, aren't they? I'm not seeing new content.
    Pinocchio and Queen of Katwe are obviously NEW though. But yes, the previous ones are the latest round of repackages, which means a different cover art and a digital hd code as well. The prices that Disney Movies Anywhere and Vudu are selling for digital streaming only, it's practically cheaper to buy the disc and redeem the code (if that's your thing.)

SilentBob is offline Member

When i worked for Cineplex in Canada.The company got in big dispute with Disney right before the Iron Man 3 release in theatres. We didn't have any advance ticket sales for the film until 2-3 days before it opened. This big of a movie we would of had them at least 2 weeks ahead of time, if not longer. It was all about what percentage of the ticket sales they would get (think they wanted it all for the first week or 2) and demanded so many screens for the film in mostly 3D equipped houses. I think we had a little control in them conceding a few demands as we were/are basically the only theater chain in all of Canada. So it will be interesting to see what happens with Amazon here
    DVD/HD-DVD/BLU-RAY/UHD COLLECTION
    HOME THEATRE EQUIP:

JVC X950 4K e-Shift 3D Proj w. 106" screen
    Marantz sr7010 Dolby Atmos/DTS:X 5.2.4

GAME SYSTEMS: PS3, PS4, WiiU, XBOX ONE, SWITCH

malakai is offline Member

I'm surprised you didn't catch that Doctor Strange or Rogue One also couldn't be pre-ordered either. Doctor Strange is going to be released at the end of next month, and Rogue One is suppose to be released in April, if the information out there is correct. I would think that these films would have a lot of pre-orders already, if people could actually do it. People that like to pre-order as soon as these films show up online, they probably have already ordered them from Best Buy, Target, or Zavvi. Big loss for Amazon, no matter who is right or wrong in the dispute.

Quote Originally Posted by malakai View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't catch that Doctor Strange or Rogue One also couldn't be pre-ordered either. Doctor Strange is going to be released at the end of next month, and Rogue One is suppose to be released in April
    As I indicated - I did not look past January but would strongly suspect it did go further.

Dr Kain is offline Member

This is annoying. Amazon had Doctor Strange up for preorder like 3 days before it even came out and now that the BD has a release date, I can't even preorder the damn thing.

It looks like his dispute is going much deeper than preorders. Releases that are recent are still not available to purchase.
    Look up Pinocchio or Queen of Katwe for example, it says Available February 26.

Perhaps that means they have finally concluded this round of spats and that is when new product will become available again.

As commented in the Rogue One thread, I am pretty happy that Disney has decided to hold to their guns. With the loss in sales of Rogue One to Amazon, this one is huge. Anyone remotely interested in buying the blockbuster is not likely going to wait until Amazon gets it in stock, they will venture out to B&M locations or use other online sources. Good job Amazon!

Attebery is offline Member

Check out my author website and
    get a free copy of BRICK RANSOM!
    www.mikeattebery.com

Now that Rogue One streets today, wonder how much Amazon is losing here?
    They typically have a 1 week wait before Disney stock is available to sell.

Winner of this one: Disney by a mile.

Vidfreek is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
    It isnt for me, I actually dont like the look of that Steelbook, I'm grabbing the Target exclusive with changeable covers, plus I have no Best Buy around me and I'm not driving 50 minutes to get there or pay shipping to order it from their site

Boston007 is online now Member

I ordered both the steelbook from Best Buy and Target because I'm a Disney and Star Wars fanboy hahaha

I LOVE that steelbook. I think the black stormtrooper/pilots are some of the best looking in the Star Wars universe.

Looks like the dispute is continuing again.
    Try ordering Guardians of the Galaxy 2 from Amazon... Good luck!

Palmer is offline Administrator

It's really starting to piss me off that Amazon takes giant shits on pre-ordering the biggest movies of the year, which are important to helping out this site (and many others) who use affiliate links.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast