Attebery is offline Member

Default 'Phantasm: Remastered' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'Phantasm: Remastered'. Here's what he thought...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/38697/phantasm.html

Stoner71 is offline Member

As a true 80 movie aficionado, especially in the horror genre, this title was most welcome and very impressive. If you love 80's horror blended with a shot of sci-fi, you will be pleased with this release. Watched it two times over the last few weeks just for kicks.

Plissken99 is offline Member

Honestly Phantasm Ravager was so godawful, I've been in no hurry to even pick this release up.
    HT gear: JVC X570r 4K e-Shift projector, 150" screen, Yamaha CX-A5100 preamp, Klipsch ProCinema 7.2.4 Atmos,Oppo UDP-203(region free), Xbox One, Playstation 4, RetroN 5, , Xbox 360, Toshiba XA2

Bolo is offline Member

I saw this film for the first time recently and loved it, so I bought the blu ray. I'll admit, I did not see all the meaning in that Enois reads into it. Most horror movies have some sort of obvious moral hook or subtext, whereas this one seemed like one crazy surreal thing after the next.
    Spoiler:
    I never really took the Tall Man turning corpses into zombified dwarfed slaves as a metaphor for anything. But I'll give it some more thought and consider it the next time I watch it.

I am going to continue to check out this series. I saw the second one and although it was enjoyable, it didn't really cover enough new ground. It pushed the characters forward a bit. I hope the third one will expand on the mythology a bit more.

eastx is offline Member

Glad this movie got a proper remaster! Having seen it maybe once ever, I bought the Blu-ray and am looking forward to a rewatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    I am going to continue to check out this series. I saw the second one and although it was enjoyable, it didn't really cover enough new ground. It pushed the characters forward a bit. I hope the third one will expand on the mythology a bit more.
    I haven't seen it since it came out, but the third movie wasn't very good. It sounds like they get worse as they go along from there.
    -Paul Acevedo
    Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
    Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo
    Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!
    • Display: Samsung LN52A550 52-inch LCD
    • Surround: Sony something
    • Player: Sony BDP-S580