Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Landy is offline Go Jets Go!

NJScorpio is offline Member

Already preordered 'Knight Rider' earlier today. I do hope it drops below the $99 price before the release.

Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

Will be buying them both.
    I know Quantum Leap was done on BD elsewhere, hopefully we get it here too.
    I would have bought the domestic Airwolf but had imported it what feels like years ago.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Boston007 is offline Member

OMG!
    OMG!

I have the Miami Vice DVD set in faux leather.

I don't think people know what a huge fan of the show I am. Here in Boston my friends nicknamed me "Sonny" Crockett LOL

Day 1 for me, and I ay Day 1 KNight Rider as well

Blu Monday is offline Member

Amazing news re: the Miami Vice Blu set. I'm glad I held off on getting the regular DVD's back in the 200X's - this series will look amazing in high-def.

I grew up back in the '80's, and remember watching this show when it was on.

MV is quite possibly my favorite '80's TV series, and IMHO definitely epitomizes the decade more than any other show from that era. The clothes/fashion, music, attitudes, and social issues/problems of that time period are spot-on in this series. It was perfect timing that the show began in '84 and ended in '89.

I know this thread would explode if we posted our wishlists for other shows we would love to see on BD.
    Many shows we wish for are already in HD, just check Netflix and the like.
    I guess we could show our support by buying these two entries and sending Mill Creek requests afterwards.

eNoize is online now The Professor

I'm really excited for 'Knight Rider.' Man, I was such a huge fan of the show. Now I need 'The Greatest American Hero,' and I'm a happy camper!!
    M. Enois Duarte
    High-Def Digest Contributor
    Hi-Def Collection
    Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
    we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Monday View Post

MV is quite possibly my favorite '80's TV series, and IMHO definitely epitomizes the decade more than any other show from that era. The clothes/fashion, music, attitudes, and social issues/problems of that time period are spot-on in this series. It was perfect timing that the show began in '84 and ended in '89.
    Agreed. Not only did it epitomized the 80s it set the fashion for that Miami look back then that became so popular - "no earth tones!"

When I started re-watching some of the episodes of Miami Vice I was slightly appalled - could not believe how violent this show actually is. Love it, will but em both.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Monday View Post
    Amazing news re: the Miami Vice Blu set. I'm glad I held off on getting the regular DVD's back in the 200X's - this series will look amazing in high-def.
    Apparently Mill Creek released the first two seasons on DVD a little while ago and they're from HD remasters and they look leaps and bounds better than the sets that Universal first released, according from what I hear. I'm so looking forward to this box set. Amazing show.
    How am I not myself?

Live everyday like it's the best day of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
    Apparently Mill Creek released the first two seasons on DVD a little while ago and they're from HD remasters and they look leaps and bounds better than the sets that Universal first released, according from what I hear. I'm so looking forward to this box set. Amazing show.
    With 80s music, I pray the audio is upgraded!

mattedscreen is online now HDD Reviewer / Movie Fan

My hope is these sell well enough to get Mill Creek to punch out The Incredible Hulk on Blu-ray!
    Need something fun &/OR funny? Watch This!

Quote Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
    My hope is these sell well enough to get Mill Creek to punch out The Incredible Hulk on Blu-ray!
    If this forum is indicative, they will

I may preorder knight rider as well.

mattedscreen is online now HDD Reviewer / Movie Fan

I'm tempted to jump at Knight Rider, but Miami Vice is calling my name pretty loudly - gonna have to wait till Christmas at the rate these catalogue titles are stacking up!
    Need something fun &/OR funny? Watch This!

Quote Originally Posted by eNoize View Post
    I'm really excited for 'Knight Rider.' Man, I was such a huge fan of the show. Now I need 'The Greatest American Hero,' and I'm a happy camper!!
    I was a huge fan of TGAH growing up, but I have to tell you, I'm not sure I want to see the series in HD. It had terrible effects even compared to other '80s series that all had terrible effects. The stunt double used for Ralph whenever he took off to fly actually makes me burst out laughing: it was this guy with a beer gut wearing a really bad curly wig, and he's on the screen long enough each time to absolutely tell it isn't William Katt. The blue screen for the flying sequences was also some of the worst I've ever seen. Ralph's alien suit looks like he got it during a clearance sale the day after Halloween. And that's just what's noticeable in SD.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast