Page 3 of 10 << First 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
    As of right now, it appears Disney is only releasing the film in Digital 3D (as in digital download). A Blu-ray 3D version might not get released in the US at all.

Again: Disney, more so than any other studio, wants to get out of the disc business.
    Disney was the first studio to spearhead 3DBD and to bundle it regularly in their combo packs. They were also aggressive in re-releasing many of their films in 3D, theatrically and later in packaged media (e.g., TS/2/3, Up, MI, B&tB, etc.). Heck, we just finished watching "Finding Nemo" again and I love seeing my 5-disc combo in all its glory!

Which is why your comment seems strange if true. Can you elaborate? And does it have anything to do with their Digital Copy Plus?

Quote Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
    Well Best Buy does have a listing for the 3D version, but what exactly we will get is anyones guess right now. Plus the BBY listing is currently sitting at $59.99. I know it should go down around release time ,but still. I will be extremely pissed if there is no US 3D release though.

Also of note, Frozen is not the only change they are making as it pertains to releases. Apparently they are dropping the dvd that normally comes with these combo packs in the Thor 2 release. I don't know if this will be the norm, but that is the way the 3D and 2d versions are listed on the DMC site.

I know quite a few will applaud this move, but I do like having the dvd's with these releases. Especially if it is an animated one since I have a young child and no need for a BD player in her room yet. Plus they're nice to have for road trips which we do a few times each year. I don't always use them, but they are good to have just in case.
    Yup, I also mentioned the missing DVD in a Thor thread here. I also like having a DVD for the same reasons you state, in fact, it allows me to create a backup which I use instead and store the original for safekeeping.

Default Unhappy about Frozen not being released on blu-ray 3D in the U.S? –*LET THEM KNOW

Frozen is scheduled for blu-ray 3D in other territories (check amazon.co.uk) at this time but not in the US. This follows a similarly disappointing treatment of Oz the Great and Powerful where there was no 2D/3D combo pack. Let them know!

The BS of these releases and retailer exclusives has to end. One package, available everywhere!

http://www.disneystudioshelp.com/Contact_Us.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie View Post
    Yup, I also mentioned the missing DVD in a Thor thread here. I also like having a DVD for the same reasons you state, in fact, it allows me to create a backup which I use instead and store the original for safekeeping.
    I do the same. That way if my daughter damages the dvd while changing it out for another dvd(more than likely Spongebob), it's not that big of a loss as I can just make another copy.
    180+
    200+
    want list
    All these comments are based on conjecture, but here goes.

Quote Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
    This is just PISS POOR from Disney!! We, the consumers, buy the expensive 3D tickets at the theater. And now...a movie that almost every 3D fan wants on 3D Blu-ray are being screwed for Digital 3D!!!
    I have a dsl connection that states it is 18Mbps, however, I would never trust it to stream video. It struggles on simple youtube stuff sometimes. Too many variables. I refuse to own anything that's cloudware anyway. Still looking for Microsoft Office 2013 on DISC. F U and your download only copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie View Post
    It gets worse.

Appears that a physical 3D copy is not available in North America, except for everywhere else -- as you've noted above, thanks for the links!!!
    Regardless of which country elsewhere you get it, it is Disney and will most likely be all-region. Also, many of the European releases contain more language options so English is pretty much always included as well.

It also begs to differ once again - why are U.S. customers being treated like shit as always? It reinforces what I have complained about over and over again - the studios hate America.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
    Again: Disney, more so than any other studio, wants to get out of the disc business.
    Remember the reason Disney got into the home video business to begin with.... BOOTLEGGING. Disney wanted a piece of the money that was being made. If they really think consumers are ready for digital only copies, I cannot blame the consumer for ... BOOTLEGGING.
    I should not have to go to Europe to buy an American made movie.
    "...somewhere out there, michael bay now has the basis for his next film...and it's all your fault." - project-blu
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Yeah, I would just order it online. Way cheaper that way.
    -Paul Acevedo
    Games Editor, WPCentral
    Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo
    • Display: Samsung LN52A550 52-inch LCD
    • Surround: Sony something
    • Player: Sony BDP-S580
    There's an interesting statement. Considering that it's based on the story of a Danish author, made with a multi-cultural crew and is produced by a studio founded by the son of German/Irish immigrants.

Didn't Cloud Atlas already teach you that everything is connected?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderJerusalem View Post
    There's an interesting statement. Considering that it's based on the story of a Danish author, made with a multi-cultural crew and is produced by a studio founded by the son of German/Irish immigrants.

Didn't Cloud Atlas already teach you that everything is connected?
    Haven't seen Cloud Atlas. I wanted to, but never got around to it.
    "...somewhere out there, michael bay now has the basis for his next film...and it's all your fault." - project-blu
    Just ordered the Zaavi steelbook. They have a coupon 10% off PREBLU10

These studios are fucking idiots. So much fragmentation. In the end the consumer loses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    Just ordered the Zaavi steelbook. They have a coupon 10% off PREBLU10

These studios are fucking idiots. So much fragmentation. In the end the consumer loses.
    Same here. Came out like $37 shipped, right?

Would've loved to order the Zavvi Jungle Book Steelbook too, except the UK release is region locked.

Here's a disconcerting trend: the Frozen and Thor 2 Steelbooks have no logos or text anywhere. They're just artwork with some character faces on the spines. It's Disney's cost-saving measure to keep from having to adapt the packaging for different countries. Sucks.
    -Paul Acevedo
    Games Editor, WPCentral
    Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo
    • Display: Samsung LN52A550 52-inch LCD
    • Surround: Sony something
    • Player: Sony BDP-S580
    That is fucking retarded! They finally have a movie I want to buy the 3D version to and they aren't willing to sell it to me? Well then fuck it, they lose out on a sale as I'll just get the regular version.
    Well, technically, if you buy the regular version, they still get a sale. Were you going to buy both 2D and 3D editions? Disney packs them together when there is a 3D release.
    Thanks for the link, undawater. Just sent in my note.
    I sent in a note as well. Stated I would like to see them get their act together and decide on the 3d blu ray release instead of posting it (Amazon), withdrawing it, posting it (Walmart), withdrawing it, posting it (Best Buy) and then the digital download rumor. Wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by eastx View Post
    Same here. Came out like $37 shipped, right?

Would've loved to order the Zavvi Jungle Book Steelbook too, except the UK release is region locked.

Here's a disconcerting trend: the Frozen and Thor 2 Steelbooks have no logos or text anywhere. They're just artwork with some character faces on the spines. It's Disney's cost-saving measure to keep from having to adapt the packaging for different countries. Sucks.
    I forgot as I bundled it with some other blu rays. I just saw the discount applied though.

That cost saving measure is brutal ugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by eastx View Post
    Zavvi defaults to listing everything as Region B until it's confirmed otherwise. I'm pretty sure all Disney animated Blu-rays have been region-free.
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.