Go Back   High-Def Digest Forums > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Software General Discussion
Reload this Page 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 3D' - High-Def Digest Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last>>

Default 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 3D' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 3D' has just been posted. Read our review to find out why this 3D Blu-ray is recommended!

Full review here:
    bluray.highdefdigest.com/5591/transformers3_3d.html
    Nice, the 3D version is here! Can't wait to watch this.
    SONY 55HX800 3D HDTV
    PSN: The-Termin8tor- (make sure you add the dashes)
    XBL: THE TERMIN8TOR

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/De...THE TERMIN8T0R
    Awesome! Cant wait to throw on the glasses and crank this one up to "11"!!! Should be one amazing HT ride!!
    Man, what is with you guys lately? You gave The Thing like a 4.5/5 and you give DotM at 3/5? The former should have nothing higher than a 3 and the later does not even deserve a 1.
    "...somewhere out there, michael bay now has the basis for his next film...and it's all your fault." - project-blu
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Man, what is with you guys lately? You gave The Thing like a 4.5/5 and you give DotM at 3/5? The former should have nothing higher than a 3 and the later does not even deserve a 1.
    Depends on how you judge a film. If judging from a pure entertainment factor including the technical aspects, this Transf 3 is a 5+ in a good HT If you factor in the actual writing/story, 3 sounds VERY fair IMO.

Its all opinion anyway so what does it matter? Ralph gave it a 3.5/5 at AVS and same with Martin at bluray.com.
    Last edited by ToddS; 01-30-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    i know right, its almost as if they have their own opinion or something.....its nutty. :P
    Good review. I havent seen it yet but am looking forward to seeing it in 3D. I bought the big ass trilogy set from Amazon, shipped today, and I fly out of town in the morning. At least it will be here waiting for me when I get back.
    Samsung 59D550C1F - 3D
    Sony BDP-S480 - 3D
    Denon AVR-391
    Bose Acoustimass 5.1
    Harmony ONE

2011 Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight - Hardtailed, Sedona Orange

Gamertag: Prowler15
    Owner/Founder of StryperForum.com
    PQ and AQ are fantastic, unfortunately the contant is totally shit...
    I'll take the SD Transformers: The Movie (1986) DVD over this shit any day.
    I'm amazed how much my feelings for this movie (and the trilogy) exactly match those of the reviewer. The writers for these 3 movies have absolutely no concept of logic, and the extreme zooming in the first movie made it difficult to see what was going on at all (even with the massive IMAX screen I watched it on). I DID enjoy the battle in part 2 when optimus is fighting alone against multiple decepticons, because I could actually see what he was doing.

Finally my hopes for an exciting element of Transformers lore came about in part 3 though very early on showing some of the history of Cybertron. I LOVED that scene with the arc. The falling buildings were WAY too much for me though (and I like over the top when done well, such as Die Hard or Mission Impossible), but overall the movie was quite entertaining and actually had an OK bit of Transformers lore in there. I just wish LaBeouf's character was not written to be the most clumsy, inept teenager that ever lived with such incredibly irritating parents (all 3 movies). At least the super annoying economy car robots from part 2 were not an issue.
    Yamaha rx-v1900
    Paradigm Monitor 7 fronts
    Paradigm CC-190
    Paradigm Titan rears
    Paradigm PDR-100 sub
    50" Panasonic Plasma
    Wow. First time ever using free shipping on Amazon that was delivered this fast. It was delivered at 10 am this morning via Ensenda. Never heard of them but hey...they are quick.
    Samsung 59D550C1F - 3D
    Sony BDP-S480 - 3D
    Denon AVR-391
    Bose Acoustimass 5.1
    Harmony ONE

2011 Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight - Hardtailed, Sedona Orange

Gamertag: Prowler15
    Owner/Founder of StryperForum.com
    So glad I waited for this release. I can't wait to see this again in 3D!
    Ok it is Feb 1st & my Best Buy is all sold out! Is this 3D title really that popular (says someone who is going to buy it as soon as I find it)
    HR20-700 #1 0x038E | Sony 60A2020 | Denon AVR-3311CI | Sony BDP-BX57 |Toshiba HD-D2 | PS3 firmware v 3.5 | ATV2
    HR20-700 #2 0x038E | Sony KDF-E42A10 | Sony STR-DG820 | Samsung BD-P1500 |
    HD-DVD = 52 Blu Ray = 55
    Hoping this set had features on the soundtrack but no, just sound effects. Steve Jablonsky backed by Hans Zimmer did a good job with this one.
    Collection (231)
    Collection (1237)
    DVD Collection
    Players: LG BH200, Sony BDP-S790, Panasonic DMP-BDT100
    Display: Panasonic VIERA TC-P54VT25
    Audio: Pioneer VSX-1120-K receiver, Polk DSW Pro 600 sub
    Bay responds to 3D issues, that some users are having.

The reason some 3D TV color on some systems might not look perfect? Well because there is no standards in 3D. It sounds stupid doesn't it. When we color transfer we spend weeks on a single format. Six weeks on the feature, then weeks additional on DVD, then weeks more on 3D. Every single shot might have brightness windows color moves high light adds. My colors on almost every one of my films have had almost perfect color space scores. I'm the guy who did the first - film to digital - digital transfer release on a movie - Bad Boys 2. I know color and telecine equipment better then almost any director out there. But when I started doing my 3D transfer with the most talented color telecine expert in the world, my buddy Stephan. He told me 3D is ****ed. There is no standard to the equipment it is the wild west right now. So if it looks bad it's your product. We aimed color space for the most the equipment that has the biggest market share. In our room it looked perfect. So I'm sorry but it's your equipment. Tell the business to standardize and it will all look perfect in the future. Sorry.

Michael
    "You and me are done, professionally"