Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    cupboy is online now Member

Valley Of The Dolls and Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls. Wow!!!! Best Criterion titles ever. Sept. 2016.

Boston007 is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
    Valley Of The Dolls and Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls. Wow!!!! Best Criterion titles ever. Sept. 2016.
    WOW! Big chests!

NJScorpio is offline Member

I'm so excited to get 'Blood Simple'! Criterion has been great about bringing contemporary director's early films into their collection ('The Game', 'The Following') so this makes a lot of sense!

Now, my concern is...should I just wait for a Coen Brothers Criterion Box set? Will we start to see a trickle of their catalog titles appearing? Should we be expecting them to get the Wes Anderson treatment? Does this mean I will actually buy a copy of 'Barton Fink'?

cupboy is online now Member

Pan's Labyrinth. Could it look better than the HD DVD (that import one that didn't have the un-needed NR applied to it)?

Josh Z is offline HDD Blogmaster General

Criterion just announced its titles for November. Among them is a Lone Wolf and Cub box set with new restorations of all six films. MSRP $99.99. Amazon currently has it on preorder for just $39.99! I donít know if thatís a mistake or what, but I suggest you get over there and lock that down right away.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...nandscathed-20
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

Bolo is offline Member

I figured 'Lone Wolf & Cub' was coming from them. After 'Zatoichi' and 'Lady Snowblood', it seemed like the obvious next choice. I have the previous set, and I don't think I will bother upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
    Criterion just announced its titles for November. Among them is a Lone Wolf and Cub box set with new restorations of all six films. MSRP $99.99. Amazon currently has it on preorder for just $39.99! I donít know if thatís a mistake or what, but I suggest you get over there and lock that down right away.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...nandscathed-20
    Just did. Thanks for the heads up!

Josh Z is offline HDD Blogmaster General

Aaaaand.... it's gone. The price is $99.99 now. I don't think that's final. $99.99 is the MSRP. I expect Amazon to take their standard 20-25% off when they figure out what they're doing.

I hope they honor the preorders that went in at the lower price, but won't be too surprised if they get canceled.
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
    Aaaaand.... it's gone. The price is $99.99 now. I don't think that's final. $99.99 is the MSRP. I expect Amazon to take their standard 20-25% off when they figure out what they're doing.

I hope they honor the preorders that went in at the lower price, but won't be too surprised if they get canceled.
    I am going to keep my email confirmation of the order. Amazon is usually pretty good about honoring these types of things so we shall see.

RobG is online now Member

Great deal guys! I would have placed my order at that price. I'm sure Amazon will respect the orders placed. This will be selling for around $50 during the next B&N sale, so I'll just wait for that.
    Rob

Panasonic 58" V10
    Toshiba XA2
    OPPO UPD-203
    DVD - 489

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829