Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    dommie is offline Member

Well, with the coming Blu-ray release of Streets of Fire, I will be down to just one lone remaining HD-DVD title left over; the Alec Baldwin/Kim Basinger version of The Getaway. Definitely a guilty pleasure, this HD-DVD may be my lone title in that format for a long time to come (possibly forever) as I don't see Universal getting this one out on Blu any time in the foreseeable future. Probably, the only chance this film has of ever getting a Blu-ray release is from a third party company like Kino.

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Quote Originally Posted by dommie View Post
    Well, with the coming Blu-ray release of Streets of Fire, I will be down to just one lone remaining HD-DVD title left over; the Alec Baldwin/Kim Basinger version of The Getaway. Definitely a guilty pleasure, this HD-DVD may be my lone title in that format for a long time to come (possibly forever) as I don't see Universal getting this one out on Blu any time in the foreseeable future. Probably, the only chance this film has of ever getting a Blu-ray release is from a third party company like Kino.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I see it is once again a Shout Release (as opposed to the actual studio)- which is fine as they do good work
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

dianebrat is online now Member

Well, with the coming Blu-ray release of Streets of Fire,
    I'd not heard that, who has decided to release SoF in the US?
    I finally gave up and imported the EU version with the tons of extras since my current player is region-free.
    Just saw it was Shout Select.. of course this comes 2 months after I bought from the UK...

Quote Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
    I'd not heard that, who has decided to release SoF in the US?
    I finally gave up and imported the EU version with the tons of extras since my current player is region-free.
    Just saw it was Shout Select.. of course this comes 2 months after I bought from the UK...
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I see it is once again a Shout Release (as opposed to the actual studio)- which is fine as they do good work

See highlighted text.

dommie is offline Member

I heard that a Blu-ray release of For Love of the Game is due out on August 8 but can't confirm?

I heard that a Blu-ray release of For Love of the Game is due out on August 8 but can't confirm?
    Possibly a retailer exclusive window involved. Best Buy the 8th, everywhere else 2 months later: (the other site does not indicate it as a retailer exclusive but cannot find on any other sites)
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/for-love...1999/5934906.p

Thanks for the intel...

For Love of the Game - Best Buy exclusive coming out August 8, 2017. Likely available via Amazon and other outlets in 2 months. Have just checked a couple other sites and no go.

RobG is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    For Love of the Game - Best Buy exclusive coming out August 8, 2017. Likely available via Amazon and other outlets in 2 months. Have just checked a couple other sites and no go.

I have this on HD DVD. I'll wait for the reviews, but there would have to be a very noticeable improvement in PQ for me to even consider a double-dip on this.
    Rob

Panasonic 58" V10
    Toshiba XA2
    OPPO UPD-203
    DVD - 489

dommie is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    I have this on HD DVD. I'll wait for the reviews, but there would have to be a very noticeable improvement in PQ for me to even consider a double-dip on this.
    I hope the Blu-ray is a good one as this was on my list of HD DVD's to buy when the format started to go under. I held off thinking that it would be an early Blu release since it was already out on HD DVD. Obviously I was wrong on that one. Here we are about 8 years later and it is finally showing up. It is one of the last regular DVD's that I still have that is waiting for the upgrade.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526