Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    dommie is offline Member

Well, with the coming Blu-ray release of Streets of Fire, I will be down to just one lone remaining HD-DVD title left over; the Alec Baldwin/Kim Basinger version of The Getaway. Definitely a guilty pleasure, this HD-DVD may be my lone title in that format for a long time to come (possibly forever) as I don't see Universal getting this one out on Blu any time in the foreseeable future. Probably, the only chance this film has of ever getting a Blu-ray release is from a third party company like Kino.

Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

Quote Originally Posted by dommie View Post
    Well, with the coming Blu-ray release of Streets of Fire, I will be down to just one lone remaining HD-DVD title left over; the Alec Baldwin/Kim Basinger version of The Getaway. Definitely a guilty pleasure, this HD-DVD may be my lone title in that format for a long time to come (possibly forever) as I don't see Universal getting this one out on Blu any time in the foreseeable future. Probably, the only chance this film has of ever getting a Blu-ray release is from a third party company like Kino.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I see it is once again a Shout Release (as opposed to the actual studio)- which is fine as they do good work
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

dianebrat is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by dommie View Post
    Well, with the coming Blu-ray release of Streets of Fire,
    I'd not heard that, who has decided to release SoF in the US?
    I finally gave up and imported the EU version with the tons of extras since my current player is region-free.
    Just saw it was Shout Select.. of course this comes 2 months after I bought from the UK...

Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

Quote Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
    I'd not heard that, who has decided to release SoF in the US?
    I finally gave up and imported the EU version with the tons of extras since my current player is region-free.
    Just saw it was Shout Select.. of course this comes 2 months after I bought from the UK...
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I see it is once again a Shout Release (as opposed to the actual studio)- which is fine as they do good work

See highlighted text.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526