Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 1201
  1. #106
    kannisto's Avatar
    kannisto is offline Imports enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    5,590

    Default

    I finished the first round with French import titles. Now the French list includes 132 entries. I added >30 today and removed some that are also available in UK and other European countries (I'll include those mainly in the UK list). I also removed some that are not available in any online shops and thus might be ghost entries in dvdfr.com. Some especially popular import titles are included even if they are available in the U.S. e.g. if the French release comes in a Steelbook case etc.

    Direct link to the French list:
    Info on import Blu-ray titles

    Any feedback and info on confirmed region codes etc. is always welcome.

    I'll start working on a German import list next but it'll probably take a couple of days before I can post the first version.

  2. #107
    kannisto's Avatar
    kannisto is offline Imports enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    5,590

    Default

    Showgate (used to be Toshiba Entertainment before Toshiba sold the sub-company) announced their first Blu-ray release: Resident Evil (called Biohazard in Japan). It will be released on 17th of December:
    http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2...6/showgate.htm

    Akira Blu-ray release re-announced by Bandai Visual. Now it's coming out in February 20th 2009:
    http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20080926/bandai.htm

    Akira is also going to be English friendly and it will be released in the U.S. as well on 24th of Feburary.

    Bandai Visual's press release has more details on Akira's specs (in Japanese):
    http://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/pdf/2008/pr080926.pdf

  3. #108
    AnalogueGhost is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Can't wait for Akira! Glad to hear it's going to be English friendly and available domestically!

  4. #109
    DCSholtis's Avatar
    DCSholtis is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn Heights, Ohio
    Posts
    2,352

    Default

    FYI. Megastore.se is now taking pre orders for In Bruges. And yes already have mine in.

  5. #110
    kannisto's Avatar
    kannisto is offline Imports enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    5,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DCSholtis View Post
    FYI. Megastore.se is now taking pre orders for In Bruges. And yes already have mine in.
    Thanks for the info I'm going to wait a bit before pre-ordering as I'll probably buy it from Axel Music in Denmark instead but I want to compare the total prices between them and Megastore.se first. I believe Axel Music does VAT removals while Megastore.se doesn't, but I'm not sure how the total prices will add up before checking carefully. Denmark also releases it one day before Sweden

    Last time I checked Axel Music didn't have a listing for it yet.
    I'll add Megastore as a source for it in the title list soon.

  6. #111
    DCSholtis's Avatar
    DCSholtis is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn Heights, Ohio
    Posts
    2,352

    Default

    Correct I checked Axel Music first and did not see a listing. Order came to approximately $53 US.

    It's also at Zailor.no as well. Was going to pre order from there but for some reason they wouldn't take my credit card info. Kept coming back as an error.

  7. #112
    kannisto's Avatar
    kannisto is offline Imports enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    5,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DCSholtis View Post
    Correct I checked Axel Music first and did not see a listing. Order came to approximately $53 US.

    It's also at Zailor.no as well. Was going to pre order from there but for some reason they wouldn't take my credit card info. Kept coming back as an error.
    Yeah, I wish Zailor.no would ship to Japan as well. I can't even try ordering from there as the country list they ship to doesn't include Japan (at least last I checked). I'm still missing a Norwegian online shop I could actually order from, but luckily they don't have so much exclusive releases in Norway so far.

  8. #113
    kannisto's Avatar
    kannisto is offline Imports enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    5,590

    Default

    I created the first draft version of German title list. 39 releases listed so far, I'll be adding to it during this week.

    Direct link:
    Info on import Blu-ray titles

  9. #114
    sschen's Avatar
    sschen is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
    I created the first draft version of German title list. 39 releases listed so far, I'll be adding to it during this week.

    Direct link:
    Info on import Blu-ray titles
    Juha

    Fantastic. I have been watching this thread of yours with interest since I bought a LG BH200 a month or so ago and was hoping you would do the German lists soon. Thanks for getting to it so quickly

    Your import thread in the HD-DVD forum was my favorite source of information when it comes to import. When I first started my blu-ray collection more than a month ago, it was like getting lost in the jungle. It is a lot of work trying to work out if a particular title is exclusive or not. This thread of yours will certainly help.

    For Asian releases, I also use the information provided here. I hope it is okay to provide a link to another website? If not, let me know and I will remove it from this post.
    http://www.asianblurayguide.com/index.php

  10. #115
    ahsoka's Avatar
    ahsoka is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
    Once upon a time in China and America (Germany - HMH) (11-Sep-08)
    Amazon Germany Cinefacts
    Audio: English 5.1, German 5.1 & 2.0, Mandarin 1.0, Cantonese 1.0
    Subtitles: German
    Region: B
    Notes: Cinefacts' audio list is wrong. studio link
    My projector shows that this disc is encoded in "1080i 50" for both the movie and extras...
    Also a small correction to the info on the cover, track 4 (Mandarin) is DD 2.0 (Stereo).
    Last edited by ahsoka; 09-29-2008 at 04:51 AM.

  11. #116
    ahsoka's Avatar
    ahsoka is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
    Banquet (The) (France - Studio Canal) (23-Sep-2008)
    Amazon France DVDFR
    Audio: Mandarin, French
    Subtitles: French
    Region: B | Free ?
    Notes: No English. studio link
    The Banquet (La Legende du Scorpion Noir) is Region B locked. Forced French subtitles with original audio.
    Audio: Mandarin DTS-HD MA 5.1, French DTS-HD HR 5.1.
    Last edited by ahsoka; 09-29-2008 at 04:54 AM.

  12. #117
    kannisto's Avatar
    kannisto is offline Imports enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    5,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sschen View Post
    Juha

    Fantastic. I have been watching this thread of yours with interest since I bought a LG BH200 a month or so ago and was hoping you would do the German lists soon. Thanks for getting to it so quickly

    Your import thread in the HD-DVD forum was my favorite source of information when it comes to import. When I first started my blu-ray collection more than a month ago, it was like getting lost in the jungle. It is a lot of work trying to work out if a particular title is exclusive or not. This thread of yours will certainly help.

    For Asian releases, I also use the information provided here. I hope it is okay to provide a link to another website? If not, let me know and I will remove it from this post.
    http://www.asianblurayguide.com/index.php
    Thanks sschen! It's nice to hear such good feedback I'm also learning a lot about the Blu-ray titles available in various countries while creating the lists and it helps me to plan my own purchases.

    Asian Blu-ray Guide is certainly a good source for Asian movies on Blu-ray. I linked to their page also in the beginning of the Japanese titles section. I also often check that page myself.

    There's no policy here that would be against useful topic-related links to other websites.

  13. #118
    kannisto's Avatar
    kannisto is offline Imports enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    5,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahsoka View Post
    My projector shows that this disc is encoded in "1080i 50" for both the movie and extras...
    Also a small correction to the info on the cover, track 4 (Mandarin) is DD 2.0 (Stereo).
    Thanks! I updated that information to my Excel sheet and it will be included in the German list soon as well. It's a pity about 1080/50i as I think that disc would not work e.g. in region A PS3 then and probably fails in some other region A hw too.

    I hope there aren't more and more discs getting released with that kind of specs. The only disc I personally purchased so far that was 1080/50i is Iskariot (a Swedish release) and it sure don't play on my PS3.

  14. #119
    kannisto's Avatar
    kannisto is offline Imports enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    5,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahsoka View Post
    The Banquet (La Legende du Scorpion Noir) is Region B locked. Forced French subtitles with original audio.
    Audio: Mandarin DTS-HD MA 5.1, French DTS-HD HR 5.1.
    Thanks again, included this info in my sheet too and will be added to the title list shortly. Too bad about the forces subtitles...

    I recorded this movie from WOWOW earlier but I've yet to watch it, because it's likely hard for me to follow with just Japanese subs. I don't have any method for watching my recorded discs with external subtitles at the moment as they don't work on my PC and I can't extract the streams and rebuild either. I've been thinking about viewing an SRT text file on a laptop with a text editor while watching the movie but it might not work so well, haven't tried it yet... In the best case I can possibly get enough ideas from the Japanese subs to follow the story somehow though.

  15. #120
    kannisto's Avatar
    kannisto is offline Imports enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    5,590

    Default

    Added Megastore.se shop link for In Bruges (Nordic release) (thanks DCSholtis!) and updated spec details for The Banguet (French release) and Once upon a time in China and America (thanks Ahsoka for both!).

Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1