Page 67 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1201
    kannisto is offline Imports enthusiast

Ordered some interesting recent Noble Entertainment releases from Sweden:

- Before the Fall (Napola) (German movie, German audio, no English)
    - KM 31: Kilometro 31 (Mexican movie, Spanish audio, no English)
    - The Abandoned (Russian | English audio)

The last 2 are horror films with a bit mixed reviews. I guess none of these are very English friendly, the 2 last ones include Finnish subs so they'll work for me and for the first one external English subs can be found easily.

Links in discshop.se that include actual covers. I ordered them from megastore.se though.

http://www.discshop.se/shop/ds_produ...e=bluray&&ref=

MrCoops is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
    Ordered some interesting recent Noble Entertainment releases from Sweden:

- Before the Fall (Napola) (German movie, German audio, no English)
    - KM 31: Kilometro 31 (Mexican movie, Spanish audio, no English)
    - The Abandoned (Russian | English audio)

The last 2 are horror films with a bit mixed reviews. I guess none of these are very English friendly, the 2 last ones include Finnish subs so they'll work for me and for the first one external English subs can be found easily.

Links in discshop.se that include actual covers. I ordered them from megastore.se though.

I saw The Abandoned at the Dead by Dawn festival here in Edinburgh a few years ago. It's a pretty decent horror. Good to see Karel Roden in a role other than that of a bad guy!
    Gear

Sanyo PLV-Z2000 LCD 1080p 108" projector
    Panasonic DMP50 Region A,B,C
    Toshiba EP-30
    Sony KDL-40V4000 40" 1080p LCD TV
    Sony BDPS350
    Sony HTSS-1300 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by MrCoops View Post
    I saw The Abandoned at the Dead by Dawn festival here in Edinburgh a few years ago. It's a pretty decent horror. Good to see Karel Roden in a role other than that of a bad guy!
    Good to hear Some IMDB comments indicated that it might be actually pretty good. I hope Megastore gets these in stock sometime soon. At least they should all have been released now as discshop had actual case pics.

Finally received Crossing Over and Coco Before Chanel from UK. Both are region B locked BD-25s. Took almost 3 weeks from Amazon UK this time. I hope the delivery speed from there to my place gets back to what it used to be after the Christmas. Still, happy to have these now

batphantom is offline Member

Has anyone tried to play the UK Blu Ray of Miami Vice on a US PS3? I'd like to import it to get the original theatrical release since it's never been available here in HD.

The Reflecting Skin is finally in stock in Amazon Germany:
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B002QZYLFW

It was supposed to be released in early November and I had it preordered, but it kept being postponed until now it's finally shipping soon.

I'll post some details once I get it.

Amazon UK has a pretty great sale going on now called "Half-Price Blu-ray". There are 662 discs on the sale currently.

Here's what I ordered (Referred prices are after VAT removal):

* Monkey Magic [Blu-ray] - Shingo Katori
    6.07 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

* Waltz with Bashir [Blu-ray] [2008] - Ari Folman
    6.94 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

* Hellraiser [Blu-ray] [1987] - Andrew Robinson
    4.77 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

* Franklyn [Blu-ray] [2008] - Eva Green
    7.37 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

* The Myth [Blu-ray] [2007] - Jackie Chan
    6.07 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

* Near Dark [Blu-ray] [1987] - Adrian Pasdar
    5.63 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

* Shaolin Soccer [Blu-ray] [2001] - Stephen Chow
    5.63 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

* Drag Me to Hell [Blu-ray] [2009] - Alison Lohman
    8.68 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

ahsoka is offline Member

Some info on 2 Mainland China Imports:

City of Life and Death
    Region free
    Audio: Mandarin PCM 7.1, DTS-HD MA 7.1
    Subtitles: English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
    2.35:1 MPEG-4 AVC
    Special Features:
    First Show (1:19.39) No English subtitles
    Posters
    Photos
    Trailer

The Founding of a Republic
    Region free
    Audio: Mandarin DTS-HD MA 7.1, Dolby Digital 5.1
    Subtitles: English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
    2.35:1 MPEG-4 AVC
    Special Features:
    Trailers
    TV Spots
    Music Video

Ahsoka, where did you buy the mainland Chinese versions from? YesAsia seems to have the HK versions only. I suppose the mainland releases could be available with lower prices...?

By the way, I noticed recently that there were now external subs for "Children of the Dark" in opensubtitles.org, I already watched it with those. Not sure how I felt about the film itself though...

sschen is offline Member

Ahsoka, where did you buy the mainland Chinese versions from? YesAsia seems to have the HK versions only. I suppose the mainland releases could be available with lower prices...?

By the way, I noticed recently that there were now external subs for "Children of the Dark" in opensubtitles.org, I already watched it with those. Not sure how I felt about the film itself though...
    Juha

Not sure if you know or not, Amazon now operates out of China as well. I only found out last month myself.

The two titles are currently out of stock though, here are the Amazon China listings:

City of Life and Death

If you do a search on the website, this three Chinese words "蓝光碟" basically means Blu-ray Disk

Here is their shipping page.

Standard shipping to Japan should be 20 China Yuan per movie, which is very reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by sschen View Post
    Juha

Not sure if you know or not, Amazon now operates out of China as well. I only found out last month myself.

The two titles are currently out of stock though, here are the Amazon China listings:

City of Life and Death

If you do a search on the website, this three Chinese words "蓝光碟" basically means Blu-ray Disk

Here is their shipping page.

Standard shipping to Japan should be 20 China Yuan per movie, which is very reasonable.
    Thanks! That's very good news, I didn't know about it until now. The disc prices seem to be quite nice and the shipping cost is very reasonable, I'll need to keep an eye on their listings. I could find 169 BDs currently with that "蓝光碟" search key.

Have you tried them out yet, I wonder how long the deliveries take and whether it's possible to use the global Amazon.com account there or does a new China-specific account need to be created?

ahsoka is offline Member

I got these from Buyoyo but now that I checked it seems they're no longer available. Could only find the HK releases. The China versions were slightly cheaper at 149 and 200 HK$ respectively (HK editions are 212 HK$) but also they are only BD25s. Took a quick look at them last night and the PQ seemed fine to me though.

Thanks for the info on the Children of the Dark subtitles. Now I'm waiting for the Mt.Tsurugidake BD to arrive. I'm looking forward to watching it. It would be nice to have external subs for that too. Did you watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by ahsoka View Post
    I got these from Buyoyo but now that I checked it seems they're no longer available. Could only find the HK releases. The China versions were slightly cheaper at 149 and 200 HK$ respectively (HK editions are 212 HK$) but also they are only BD25s. Took a quick look at them last night and the PQ seemed fine to me though.

Thanks for the info on the Children of the Dark subtitles. Now I'm waiting for the Mt.Tsurugidake BD to arrive. I'm looking forward to watching it. It would be nice to have external subs for that too. Did you watch it?
    Thanks for the info on those China releases

I haven't watched Mt. Tsurugidake yet, I hope to watch it soon though. I guess it'll take time before external subs for that become available.

For CotD, the available English subs had pretty identical timings for the Japanese BD without any modifications, I just added 50 ms throughout after comparing timestamps but it would be hardly noticeable. The movie was rather difficult to watch at times though and I didn't like the ending too much. It's kind of like a shock-documentary film though fictionalized.

My order of Mother and Tazza - War of the Flower from k2dvd has shipped today by EMS, looking forward to those Not sure if delivery is as fast as usual during the Japanese new year holidays though.

ahsoka is offline Member

For CotD, the available English subs had pretty identical timings for the Japanese BD without any modifications, I just added 50 ms throughout after comparing timestamps but it would be hardly noticeable. The movie was rather difficult to watch at times though and I didn't like the ending too much. It's kind of like a shock-documentary film though fictionalized.
    Watched it today and the external subs worked fine. Thought the movie was very good overall, it felt quite realistic most of the time. There was some very disturbing scenes but I'm glad to have watched the movie finally.

Page 67 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast